All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I was saying that when you get back to being shite Doc won't be able to get away with throwing the players under the bus and he'll need to show some of that "polished operator" stuff @Ludo*1 was dribbling about. 

Just as well when we reach that point, County will be well established sand castle builders at the seaside and uncle Roy will have fucked off into the sunset.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I was saying that when you get back to being shite Doc won't be able to get away with throwing the players under the bus and he'll need to show some of that "polished operator" stuff @Ludo*1 was dribbling about. 

So you’re saying we’re not shite? I agree. The rest of your waffle is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

I doubt Shaughnessy will get dropped because Vassell and Van Veen (if he comes on) are big guys and would bully our less physical defenders. McGhee, Portales and Donnelly is our strongest defence if they play short passes and maintain composed. In fairness the midfield don't help defence causing them to boot the ball up. McCracken and Astley I reckon are desperate for a chance. Both have great attitudes and can tell they are both motivated to make in impact. Hope Costelloe and Mellon start on Saturday as we need to be more positive and forward thinking.

One other weird theory I have about environments and styles of play. I sell boots for a bit of money and know a lot about them. Becks got new boots same brand but the new ones have got new technology with plastic sticking out from the boot. (marketing ploy for good passing). His old boots were meant for grip and dribbling. Since he has came his crossing and passing has been amazing but he is only completed one memorable dribble which led to a goal. Sounds daft and it's stupid boots can possibly change stuff. Like midfielders wear different boots like the bulky predators for passing whereas wingers wear lightweight boots with fancy effects and stuff. I don't really see it myself but could be a psychological thing with the players.

I’m very psychological when it comes to boots so can kind of see your point. But not sure players would persist with boots if they felt perpetually uncomfy in them, psychologically speaking. 

27 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

So you’re saying we’re not shite? I agree. The rest of your waffle is irrelevant. 

Everyone gets their moment in the sun. Reaching the top-6 is your Everest. Congratulations.

Edited by 2426255

29 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

It’s pretty much everyone in Scottish football’s Everest, OF aside. 🤨

I do believe Dundee have only finished twice in the top-6 since the Millennium. Last qualified for Europe 20 years ago and last won a major domestic honour over a decade before the end of the Cold War.

The same can't be said for other teams like St Johnstone or Dundee Utd just as a few examples. Getting in the top-6 isn't their Everest, just a good season. For Dundee, it's your Everest - your moment in the sun. Congratulations. 

Edited by 2426255

21 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I do believe Dundee have only finished twice in the top-6 since the Millennium. Last qualified for Europe 20 years ago and last won a major domestic honour over a decade before the end of the Cold War.

The same can't be said for other teams like St Johnstone or Dundee Utd just as a few examples. Getting in the top-6 isn't their Everest, just a good season. For Dundee, it's your Everest - your moment in the sun. Congratulations. 

5 major honours including a top flight title. ;) Surely it doesn’t matter when you’ve scaled Everest, still counts eh? 

Congratulations if you manage to get into the top-6 mate. I think you might get pipped to it by Hibernian, but it's been a fantastic season for your lot. One for the scrapbook.

Scrapbook Photo Album DIY Handmade Album Our Adventure Scrapbook Travel Scrapbook Anniversary Wedding Travelling Book Baby Shower Love Gift

Edited by 2426255

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

close-door-the-office.gif.4b8ee942d32c57c28752f17b5fdbba53.gif

Thank you and goodbye.

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you and goodbye.

I'll be staying for a little bit mate. Until the race for top-6 is over. SkyBet has Hibs and Dundee both at evens - looking forward to the run in. I think Hibs will just get it.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I'll be staying for a little bit mate. Until the race for top-6 is over. SkyBet has Hibs and Dundee both at evens - looking forward to the run in. I think Hibs will just get it.

Who's your team!?

11 hours ago, Liam899 said:

I’m very psychological when it comes to boots so can kind of see your point. But not sure players would persist with boots if they felt perpetually uncomfy in them, psychologically speaking. 

We've played a lot more 4- formations since Beck came back at the end of the transfer window, as opposed to the 3/5 we played for most matches before it. He doesn't get the same opportunities to get forward in the 4 that he did in the 5, so spends less time doing attacking things like dribbling at defenders. I don't think it's any more complex than that to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Girth said:

Who's your team!?

He spe ds his days going from topic to topic trying to be controversial. You kinda have to admire the graft he puts in but it must be a lonely existence just filling your days by trying to annoy folk on the Internet from every walk of life.

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He spe ds his days going from topic to topic trying to be controversial. You kinda have to admire the graft he puts in but it must be a lonely existence just filling your days by trying to annoy folk on the Internet from every walk of life.

Ahh. Oddball. File under 'ignore'. 

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Who's your team!?

If you were to say Hibs for the next few games then I wouldn't disagree. I don't follow a club side really anymore, just the national side. I have developed a soft spot for County and Killie over the course of this season.

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

If you were to say Hibs for the next few games then I wouldn't disagree. I don't follow a club side really anymore, just the national side. I have developed a soft spot for County and Killie over the course of this season.

Pow Reaction GIF

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Fascinating