All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shaughnessy was one of our best players up until January. He's had a tough wee while but Shaughnessy absolutely is part of our side next season.

Squad aye, team not so sure, think the same might be the case for Carson

Depends what our ambitions are I guess

1 minute ago, MarkoP said:

Squad aye, team not so sure, think the same might be the case for Carson

Depends what our ambitions are I guess

We've signed Lamie on a PCA.

We currently have Portales, Astley, Ashcroft, Donnelly and the aforementioned Lamie. Unless we plan on having yet another massive season of turnover and have a small fortune to pay people off, then Shaughnessy is making our first 11 next season.

Same with Carson on his 3 year deal.

And both are quality top flight players - particularly Carson - even if they have had a few hairy moments of late.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I know these charts aren't many people's cup of tea, but you should probably start a thread for the premiership players at all clubs.

Most valuable/worst team using all league players. That i'd be interested to see. 

I could do a sort of "request a chart" thread, but ive always just assumed me being an arsehole + people thinking theyre shite would = a mess of a thread. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I could do a sort of "request a chart" thread, but ive always just assumed me being an arsehole + people thinking theyre shite would = a mess of a thread. 

Since we're debating Shaughnessy - how's he faring compared to the rest of the league in your charts?

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be a great thread but time consuming for you

lineup.png.55474cce4bc2c1944902fce2dddd4bdb.png      

With the players we have currently this would be a decent starting 11 for next season. Donnelly turning 21 I reckon will sign as I don't reckon he will get a chance at Nottingham Forrest and doubt they will loan to anyone better. Graham I think has it in him to start. KIlmarnock for example have a youthful good on the ball defence which is effective and we should try the same. Boateng I think could sign depending on where we finish. Reilly is our best winger so reckon will work his way to start. Burnley will loan us more players and they only really have Costelloe and Mellon of a good standard. Robinson I think will sign. He is still 21 which people forget. I reckon another 4 could sign. A LWB, RWB, CB and ST

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Graham looks ready for a proper run out at the very least, definitely should be in contention at the start of next season. Been very impressed with him on loan at Montrose, and has also regularly captained our reserve side this season. He and Finlay Allan are probably my two most anticipated players yet to break through.

Just saw @Ludo*1 asking Forfar fans about if Allan might be ready for our first team next season, so I feel I should clarify on him. When I said Allan was one of my most anticipated youth prospects yet to break through, I wasn't meaning that I thought he'd break through next season like Luke Graham could. The fact that he is not even 18 years old yet though and is having a positive impact in senior football excites me greatly, every time I've seen him he's had that creative spark that shows him to be a proper playmaker in the making.

Hopefully he can get a look-in in the League Cup next season, but Allan will regularly be away on loan for the next few seasons in the same ways as Mulligan and Cameron.

Getting annoyed how these announcements are coming later and later every year now. We played once in the purple shirts last season (a memorable performance for sure) and I'll be surprised if we see these ones any more than that much.

Also, a black kit is probably the only colour dumber than purple as our third kit. I'm sure it'll look decent as we've had a streak of good kits, but still silly.

Apart from that, can't wait.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since we're debating Shaughnessy - how's he faring compared to the rest of the league in your charts?

joe.thumb.png.a342cc87664e8ae459ab8f6e89f8401b.png

Its not bad tbf, as its 5 seasons worth of players hes against, for you and the league. Loves Portales and Donnelly though.

dee.thumb.png.74cec6709eee5cb19c80d2965ddf8625.png

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

joe.thumb.png.a342cc87664e8ae459ab8f6e89f8401b.png

Its not bad tbf, as its 5 seasons worth of players hes against, for you and the league. Loves Portales and Donnelly though.

dee.thumb.png.74cec6709eee5cb19c80d2965ddf8625.png

May as well chuck in Lamie to see how he's doing too.

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

May as well chuck in Lamie to see how he's doing too.

Thanks in advance!

lamb.thumb.png.fbf18cea262b5a4b553c734a08d3bef8.png

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Getting annoyed how these announcements are coming later and later every year now. We played once in the purple shirts last season (a memorable performance for sure) and I'll be surprised if we see these ones any more than that much.

Also, a black kit is probably the only colour dumber than purple as our third kit. I'm sure it'll look decent as we've had a streak of good kits, but still silly.

Apart from that, can't wait.

We are doing these kits for charity though rather than as genuine 3rd kits.  Totally agree that if we were in Europe or something and required a 3rd kit, black or purple would be ridiculous, as probably would light blue this season.  As one-offs though I quite like that it gives us the opportunity to see these more unlikely designs.

If we ever required an actual third kit, it’s hard to imagine it wouldn’t dark blue plus 2 of white, light blue and red.  Orange and probably green won’t happen so it only leaves pink (which we did do once) or yellow (next years prediction) as other options.

8 hours ago, stu2910 said:

We are doing these kits for charity though rather than as genuine 3rd kits.  Totally agree that if we were in Europe or something and required a 3rd kit, black or purple would be ridiculous, as probably would light blue this season.  As one-offs though I quite like that it gives us the opportunity to see these more unlikely designs.

If we ever required an actual third kit, it’s hard to imagine it wouldn’t dark blue plus 2 of white, light blue and red.  Orange and probably green won’t happen so it only leaves pink (which we did do once) or yellow (next years prediction) as other options.

We've had red 3rd kits 3 times before - back in 15/16 season as well as 12/13 and 06/07.