All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

At 23 would we be due a development fee ? Or does it count going either way from Scotland England or vice Versa 

Don't have a clue.

24 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Last night was, apart from a paucity of Dark Blue goals, a five star performance. The first half domination was a real pleasure to watch with our midfield reigning imperially against an absent Dons midfield. Sylla, McCowan and Cameron with Tiffany were outstanding, and Curtis Main caused great difficulties in the Aberdeen defence. Time for him to score please. 
The defence, too, pretty much coped with the Dons’ attack- insipid as it often was, and I enjoyed the excellent punching out from McCracken. Daftie behind me shouting “catch it”! 

I’d like to see the same energy and sense of purpose instead of standing off the opponents when the Govan lads visit on Sunday.

Spot on. The players need to face the Rangers with no fear and believe in their abilities. Playing against a Glasgow side (who look excellent tonight against Benfica) doesn't mean the ability to pass 5 yards is lost. McCowan, Cameron, Portales and Sylla need to show the same confidence on the ball and carve out opportunities. Unfortunately we've been the weakest side against the OF all season and that needs to change.

Main should also help who is an upgrade on Bakayoko who has been appalling against top six opposition.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 minute ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Well, I think it's smart, but I wouldn't dream of buying or wearing one. Just the same as I can admire my wife wearing a beautiful dress (careful choice of analogy because I'm highly risk averse on social media) but that doesn't mean I'd ever want to wear it.

Honestly didn't mean that as a dig at anyone with an opinion, because obviously I agree that some kits are more pleasing on the eye than others, I just struggle to understand the blokes you see wandering about dressed like 12 year old laddies all the time who evidently think football shirts and joggers are the height of sartorial elegance. Judgemental? Yes, I wouldn't deny that, but I can't get my head around people who are happy to walk around looking like a burst couch.

I think Docherty will stick with McCracken. Dodgson had his best game last night, would play him against Rangers but would want Beck back for the rest of the games. We play different style of football depending on the opponent. Last few games we were playing from McCracken to Sylla but it was long ball yesterday. It suits Tiffoney getting in behind. Tiffoney confidence was probaly low and maybe had a wee bit of  imposter syndrome but looked like the player we thought we signed last night. Interested to see when Mellon and Boateng get another chance as both good players. Dodgson I reckon will still get game time when Beck comes back possibly further forward in a switch of formation against certain teams. Perhaps like that Sterling does for Rangers. Squad depth is amazing and played our best football of the season without so many key players.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Honestly didn't mean that as a dig at anyone with an opinion, because obviously I agree that some kits are more pleasing on the eye than others, I just struggle to understand the blokes you see wandering about dressed like 12 year old laddies all the time who evidently think football shirts and joggers are the height of sartorial elegance. Judgemental? Yes, I wouldn't deny that, but I can't get my head around people who are happy to walk around looking like a burst couch.

Which is all pretty much why I don't wear football tops, even though I would obviously look somewhat trimmer than a burst couch.

17 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think Docherty will stick with McCracken. Dodgson had his best game last night, would play him against Rangers but would want Beck back for the rest of the games. We play different style of football depending on the opponent. Last few games we were playing from McCracken to Sylla but it was long ball yesterday. It suits Tiffoney getting in behind. Tiffoney confidence was probaly low and maybe had a wee bit of  imposter syndrome but looked like the player we thought we signed last night. Interested to see when Mellon and Boateng get another chance as both good players. Dodgson I reckon will still get game time when Beck comes back possibly further forward in a switch of formation against certain teams. Perhaps like that Sterling does for Rangers. Squad depth is amazing and played our best football of the season without so many key players.

McCracken has to be the #1 from now until he can't keep the job through poor play. Carson is great for one Sunday Post save every game, but he's chucked far too many into his own net lately, and the comedy nonsense v's Hibs is inexcusable from a Goalie of his experience. If you aren't 100% confident you are going to catch it cleanly, just fuckign punch it clear and ignore the "good goalies don't punch" idiots. Good goalies don't make an absolute fucking arse of catching simple crosses, go rampaging across their own box, and clobber an opponent to concede a Pen. Too many "WTF" moments from Carson.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

McCraken has to be the #1 from now until he can't keep the job through poor play. Carson is great for one Sunday Post save every game, but he's chucked far too many into his own net lately, and the comedy nonsense v's Hibs is inexcusable from a Goalie of his experience. If you aren't 100% confident you are going to catch it cleanly, just fuckign punch it clear and ignore the "good goalies don't punch" idiots. Good goalies don't make an absolute fucking arse of catching simple crosses, go rampaging across their own box, and clobber an opponent to concede a Pen. Too many "WTF" moments from Carson.

McCracken is 23 and from what i've seen makes the right choice every time. Carson still a great keeper but would like to keep McCracken happy to sign him in the summer

Yeah, Carson is undoubtedly an improvement on what we've watched at Dens, probably since before Bain lost the heid and gave up, but a bit of a loss of form combined with his innate tendency towards the odd eccentric moment has soured me on him a bit. He rightfully gets the plaudits for some amazing reaction saves, but then it tends to be glossed over a bit that the ball sometimes appears to go straight through/under him, and I always have the feeling that he has something like the Hibs nonsense up his sleeve at any given moment. 

McCracken looks a lot less howler-prone, even if he maybe isn't going to pull off those highlight reel saves with the same regularity, but over the piece I'd be more confident in the team as a whole with the keeper who is solid, dependable, and gives you a bit more confidence he's not going to chuck the game by himself, rather than the guy you are always just waiting for the next clownshoes moment from.

They'd be a great #1 & #2 for most teams in our league, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the thought of McCracken playing 35 games a year for us than Carson.

Edited by Boo Khaki

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

For just once this season it would be nice to turn up against one of the  arse cheeks.

We definitely tried something against Celtic. Yes it was painful and yes it didn't work, but we went at them and for 5-10 minutes, it scared them.

Problem is Celtic changed shape and adapted to the pressure quickly. We didn't and we got punished.

I would settle for a shit fest draw.

Usually I’d be dead against this and boo the feck out of it but I wouldn’t mind a 90 minutes of turgid pass the balll between the back 5 for 5 minutes at a time before the inevitable hoof up the park 

10 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Usually I’d be dead against this and boo the feck out of it but I wouldn’t mind a 90 minutes of turgid pass the balll between the back 5 for 5 minutes at a time before the inevitable hoof up the park 

image.gif.af97444b069e55308564c613bf34eea6.gif

Have to say, I'm concerned that United being so shite and not coming up will have a negative impact on our budget for next season...

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have to say, I'm concerned that United being so shite and not coming up will have a negative impact on our budget for next season...

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Wouldnt get too excited, theyll sack Goodwin after tonight and hire Fotheringham, and then stroll to the title.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wouldnt get too excited, theyll sack Goodwin after tonight and hire Fotheringham, and then stroll to the title.

Can't see Fotheringham stooping so low to manage a team not guaranteed Champions League and World Cup football tbf.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They weren’t getting enough out of Watt so they made him vice-captain.  Time to up the ante and make him player-manager……….