All things Dundee FC

56 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Injuries mainly, think we were down to 1 fit centre mid and Max Anderson was suspended a few weeks back. That’s about 5/6 games he’s played in the middle of the park. Not been to any games recently so no idea how well he’s played in that position 

@PB1994 was at the game today I think so he can probably say how he got on 

He was well off it today. Could easily have seen red for a tackle, though I think yellow was probably the right call.

He was excellent in the middle of the park against Airdrie but today I thought he was very poor. We needed someone to control the game in that area and he just couldn’t do it. Absolutely not his fault as he just isn’t a central midfielder.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Cillian Sheridan scored against TNS last season.

Was he credited with that? The useless c**t completely missed it. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Was he credited with that? The useless c**t completely missed it. 

Aye, think he headed it towards exactly where it came from, and lucky for him the TNS goalie was in the way. Needed to give him something for his troubles, tbf.

Mental to me as aside from the 7-0 win vs Accies when they'd been plastered all week, the TNS game was the easiest win of last season, and yet they're in the final of that stupid cup. Jordan Marshall sat on the bench too, dunno what that says about where he is in his career.

21 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Mentioned it on the Arbroath thread, but if I was Tony Doc, I'd get young Charles out of that McIntyre shitemare asap, won't be doing him any good at all. IMO.

RatIntyre doing another grand job at The Smokies. 

Eric Drysdale saying on Twitter that although Sylla is on a 2 year deal we have an option of termination without pay-off this summer should he not hit an appearance threshold. Not that I imagine we'll trigger it but interesting nonetheless.

On 23/03/2024 at 20:23, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Mentioned it on the Arbroath thread, but if I was Tony Doc, I'd get young Charles out of that McIntyre shitemare asap, won't be doing him any good at all. IMO.

There's an argument that it's just the minutes that count. Remember Scott Wright with us in that horror season? He went on to do no bad.

Don't need any excuse to make life difficult for that rat Mcintyre mind you.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Eric Drysdale saying on Twitter that although Sylla is on a 2 year deal we have an option of termination without pay-off this summer should he not hit an appearance threshold. Not that I imagine we'll trigger it but interesting nonetheless.

Fitness aside, I wonder if that’s why he was used more sparingly when he first came here?  If true it’s definitely a good sign we are being a bit more ruthless / business like with the contracts we offer.  

I’d also argue the way Doc is conducting himself and the way the team is progressing it may be slightly easier to sign players that genuinely want to improve or have a point to prove.  In the past I think we’ve been guilty of signing players that are simply after a big salary.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Makes sense given the stunt he pulled at Hartlepool of just downing tools when he wanted out. Not seen one thing so far to indicate any repetition of that though, has looked like his head's been in every minute of every game he's played.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Fitness aside, I wonder if that’s why he was used more sparingly when he first came here?

Part of it could be said game rust, he sat out for a while, though I also wonder if there was a point that had to be proven that he was a team player first.

I think a large part of it though is down to how well Malachi Boateng has played for us for the most part tbh more than anything else, but now Sylla's style is complementing the rest of the team better.

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

I can't shake the feeling that we will, of course, have picked a company that has no idea what they are doing, or are about to go into receivership next week. It's the Dundee way...

QR codes will probably be obsolete next season and there will be some new worldwide system in place which will take us 10 years to implement, by which time there will be new technology, repeat ad infinitum.

On 24/03/2024 at 23:38, Ludo*1 said:

Would love to see him at Dens for more than 2 years.He allows Cameron and McCowan to play without fear knowing he is sitting in behind them.So glad he is playing for us rather than against us.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

I can't shake the feeling that we will, of course, have picked a company that has no idea what they are doing, or are about to go into receivership next week. It's the Dundee way...

It's who we use and it works almost flawlessly tbf.