All things Dundee FC

I spotted an older gentleman wearing a dundee Jacket in my local in musselburgh yesterday. Got chatting to him, a former player it turns out. Ian Scott. 

18 minutes ago, philpy said:

I spotted an older gentleman wearing a dundee Jacket in my local in musselburgh yesterday. Got chatting to him, a former player it turns out. Ian Scott. 

He drove me to hospital when I was about seven, after I crashed my bike outside his house (brake lever gouged a chunk out my thigh)

Top bloke.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He drove me to hospital when I was about seven, after I crashed my bike outside his house (brake lever gouged a chunk out my thigh)

Top bloke.

Thank you.

Aye, he seemed a nice chap. He ripped into raith cos we didn't beat the Arabs 😂😂

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The both hands on the ball thing is a lot of shite anyway, the keeper only has to have one hand on it for it to be deemed under his control and it can't be taken from him. 

That’s not true. If it’s one hand it has to be one hand and another part of the body. 

Edited by Rugster

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That’s not true. If it’s one hand it has to be one hand and another part of the body. 

Neil McCann's argument, which isn't correct in any case, is that McCracken had one hand and his other hands' pinky on the ball.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neil McCann's argument, which isn't correct in any case, is that McCracken had one hand and his other hands' pinky on the ball.

Yeah he’s a moron. 

11 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Saw the photos on Facebook. Just missed his eye. 

The Courier reporting that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested. 

I’m going to play devils advocate here , and say this discussion shouldn’t even be taking place , as in my unbiased opinion McCracken should’ve been sent off in the first half for deliberately bringing his knee up and injuring the st Johnstone player in the box , he was a very lucky lad to get away with it , I was sweating on that decision from the ref , just waiting on VAR getting involved with it , but luckily it was his day 

3 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I’m going to play devils advocate here , and say this discussion shouldn’t even be taking place , as in my unbiased opinion McCracken should’ve been sent off in the first half for deliberately bringing his knee up and injuring the st Johnstone player in the box , he was a very lucky lad to get away with it , I was sweating on that decision from the ref , just waiting on VAR getting involved with it , but luckily it was his day 

Keeper is entitled to raise a knee for protection I thought? St Johnstone player ran right into him.

5 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Knee was raised to protect him - was within the mass of his upper body - had he not raised it presumably saints player runs right into him and there’s a risk of injury. 

Well within his rights to protect himself. Would query WTF the saints player was trying to achieve tbf. 

10 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I haven't seen the highlights and I'm assuming that incident probably isn't in them but it looked very weird from my angle - like his leg didn't really come away from his body until he'd landed back on the ground. Usually keepers bring their knee up when they jump for the ball and not on the way down. Had no expectation at all that it would be given as a foul and even if it was, it was never going to be a red card.

Screenshot_20240331_134358_X.jpg.57f052cccfe80fefa0340b6cea9a9ff4.jpg

With the context that the keeper has already collected the ball and stopped moving, then it becomes pretty clear he only raised his knee to hit Sidibeh, who was slowing down and going around him.

He wasnt even jumping which is when keepers usually do that.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I haven't seen the highlights and I'm assuming that incident probably isn't in them but it looked very weird from my angle - like his leg didn't really come away from his body until he'd landed back on the ground. 

He didn't jump, and I've no idea why so many people are claiming he did?

Goes from this...

Screenshot_20240331_180755_X.jpg.f29afbf8ab397538c54a6a2975842b35.jpg

... to this...

Screenshot_20240331_134358_X.jpg.6c8018d2662ccaff4dd80e68d8578aa3.jpg

...without his feet ever leaving the ground, or any chance that Sidibeh runs into him.

It was absolutely moronic and could easily have seen him sent off if the VAR dice rolls the wrong way. No idea what his thinking was as Sidibeh has already shown he doesn't care how often he's clattered.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Keeper is entitled to raise a knee for protection I thought? St Johnstone player ran right into him.

Keeper is entitled to raise his leg when jumping , Hamish McAlpine was always at it , but both feet on the deck when he collected the ball , he lifted  his leg to stop the player , he’s a very lucky lad 

Must admit at the game I thought MxCracken was daft to do what he did. The way the game is going these days I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a penalty given. Docherty was mentioning it at the end of the game to McCracken probably laughing as much at the fermers as having a pop at the keeper . Never a red though. 

Anybody else having problems getting on here?

11 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Watching the highlights - Neil McCan blethering utter shite about the VAR incident.

There was at least 3 reasons not to give the goal.

1. The handball.

2. McGowan foul.

3. McGowan heading the ball out of the hands.

McCann claiming McCracken didn’t have both hands on the ball is nonsense.

Could see that from over 100 yards away. 

The biggest worry was that whoever the VAR ref was, was trying to get him to change his decision for a couple of minutes. Took the ref seconds to see he’d made the correct decision. 

42 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

The biggest worry was that whoever the VAR ref was, was trying to get him to change his decision for a couple of minutes. Took the ref seconds to see he’d made the correct decision. 

They spent ages trying to find a way to rule out our goal too, presumably for high feet.

It's just shite and the VAR seems determined to make the most of any opportunity to actually do something to justify it all.

Not at our best at all, but really good win. For as much as St.Johnstone presssured us, I didn’t ever feel they cut us open. Tons of balls into the box which can be dangerous as it just takes a stramash to score, but they don’t look coached at all. Just shite and turgid, no disrespect. I think they will stay up though. 

For us, win against Motherwell and I think we’ll get top 6.