All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

This is taken from the website for the start of this season as to who they define in each category...

23/24 Cinch Premiership Home Match Ticket Prices

Category A matches

Adults – £32
Concessions – £20
Under 12’s – £6

(Teams included in Category A matches are, Celtic and Rangers)

Category B matches:

Adults – £26
Concessions – £16
Under 12’s – £4

(Teams included in Category B matches are, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Ross County, St Johnstone and St Mirren)

What are Cat C games and where will the dabs be should they get promoted?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

What are Cat C games and where will the dabs be should they get promoted?

You'd imagine Utd would be category A. I would guess that each category is based on attendance, including how many away fans there will be, and the category actually means how much money they'll try to recoup from stewarding and policing costs...Could be wrong on that. 

You'd think by that logic the only 'category C' team that would be left in the league, if they stay up, is Ross County.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's mostly the increase for U12s that annoys me. From £1 to £50. The potential to entice future generations are slashed with that one.

We were in the upper half of the league with our season ticket prices this season already and have a pretty non-functioning pitch so have to reschedule all the time and we are also in a cost of living crisis - so let's slap on around a £100 increase.

I like to think I earn a decent amount but giving me a months notice to pay £430 or face an additional charge is dangerously close to pricing me out. I'll no doubt pay it but fucking hell.

I get where you're coming from.

As someone who is disabled, the "super early bird" price is still over 50% of my monthly income.

Looks like my carer is contributing this year.

I do get it people saying it’s to much of a hike , but a lot of fans were also saying get McCowan , Cameron , Mulligan and others tied up on longer contracts , well for that to happen it costs money a lot of money , we can’t have it both ways , I’ll be renewing my ticket and my grandsons in may , I also think a lot of fans were taking the piss with the £1 tickets , ie nobody using them but using them  to get priority tickets for all some  ticket games  where you could upgrade it to an adult ticket 

Just out of curiosity, I'm not au fait with last season's Season Ticket holder numbers, so does anyone know off the top of their head which percentage of our typical home support is made up of STH's, and which is "floating" numbers that pick and choose games?

I've always been a bit sceptical of the oft-repeated claims that Scottish clubs have tried cutting prices and determined that it does nothing for attendances, hence why it's always price rises rather than trying to expand the numbers attending, because it seems to me that these "experiments" normally consist of cutting entry to one stand to £10 for the visit of Ross County, and not much else, before it's written off as a failure.

I can't afford Season Ticket as it is, and I have to be very picky about what games I attend, even to the point that I'll forego travelling to Dundee in favour of attending games at Easter Road or Tynecastle. Obviously I would never claim to be supporting the club financially, and I completely accept that is a factor for a lot of people who do choose to buy a ST, but if the prices were closer to something that I could actually afford, I might consider it, even though I'd still be unable to attend every single Home fixture or even anything close to that.

Edited by Boo Khaki

There is rumours of the Louisville City owner investing into Dundee. They are top of the USL championship which is one league below the MLS. Maybe we will get players from them as well as Burnley as the American league is a different time of year to ours.

17 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

There is rumours of the Louisville City owner investing into Dundee. They are top of the USL championship which is one league below the MLS. Maybe we will get players from them as well as Burnley as the American league is a different time of year to ours.

There's not many players I'd take from the MLS nevermind the league below. It's dire stuff. About on a par with the Australian A-League. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

There's not many players I'd take from the MLS nevermind the league below. It's dire stuff. About on a par with the Australian A-League. 

You'd have to question for whose benefit a partnership like that would function. I genuinely don't believe it would, or could be about acquiring better playing staff at Dens, because even if the talent level was there, you are talking about young men with families in the US, possibly even still in tertiary education, and I can't see why anyone would think that a good idea to uproot for 6-9 months given the sort of limited money they'd likely receive. There is also a potential problem regarding eligibility and visas, because if they do not have prior eligibility to live and work in the UK anyway, then it would be difficult to acquire the necessary given that the considerations are that the player is supposed to be on a par with, or superior to the natives, and generate some income for HMRC.

I think it would be a case of Dundee getting some sort of passive investment, with the kickback being a bit of a benefit to the US based sides in that they might have the possibility to experience a different, more established footballing culture for a bit, circumstances permitting. A bit of a profile boost with regard to Louisville or whoever being able to potentially offer something not available to other sides of their own stature. The notion that it should only ever be about Dundee FC being granted access to a conveyor belt of talent is a bit fanciful, but it doesn't mean it's not worth doing at all if that isn't the case. If it means the deal is having a young player coming over here to train with Pros, warm the bench, and play in the stiffs for six months in exchange for bit of step towards reducing our perpetual gap between income and outgoings, then I think that's worthwhile. As long as we aren't compelled to play sub-standard players then I don't really see the problem.

Any possibility that once in a blue moon it might result in discovering a hidden gem of a player is just an added bonus.

New prices are disgraceful . I have  a stable job but I seriously think I can't afford one for the first time in 30 odd years . Kids prices are terrible. Should be free. For the first time in years we have a load of youngsters going and the response from the club is to make them empty their pockets.

Someone with more brains than me should organise a boycott. 

The worrying thing for me - and has been fir a few years - is there are people in the breadline who now have to give up near 10% of their 40hr week wage to take in a game of football.

Its astronomical. 

the biggest gripe i have as a non season ticket holder is the category games...why the f**k should i pay more when a "big" team comes to dens...its still the same dundee team im watching.

I can understand both arguments regarding the pricing of tickets.  On the one hand it does appear to be quite a jump for some categories of season ticket holders in particular.  On the other hand good players don’t come cheap and we aren’t exactly getting huge crowds.  Definitely a balancing act required.

If these are the prices I just hope everything possible is done to keep the price of a ticket as low as possible for any home ties in the cup (I understand both sides in any cup tie have to agree to this).

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neace sitting directly behind Keyes and Nelms at the St Johnstone game.

IMG_2974.jpeg.e3e3cbd20b2bdbd882fd690559c867e0.jpeg

Keyes pointing out all the boring fuds in the Perth support, been going on for 20 minutes, think the rest of them are bored with it.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

the biggest gripe i have as a non season ticket holder is the category games...why the f**k should i pay more when a "big" team comes to dens...its still the same dundee team im watching.

Paying more for a far higher chance of a defeat  Great.