All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t think that’s how army recruitment works.  Do you simply mean his son is joining the army?

Depends how you define Army recruitment. The one where poor kids get called up as cannon fodder? It's clearly not that. 

Let's agree to disagree as I'll never agree to fight, or let my son fight, for Sasij fingers 

Mon the Dee 👍

What a pleasure it was to watch us dismantle Aberdeen tonight. The only gripe is we didn't score more goals as we deserved it.

Tiffoney stepped up big time tonight and I've not rated him even in previous games where he's scored. Excellent.

Main was much better than Bakayoko has been and looked like his fitness has come on. Signs he can be useful for next season.

Cameron class tonight and Portales was back to the form we seen at points early in the season - his composure on the ball makes such a difference.

I'd given up top six hopes but it looks like we can take it down to a Pittodrie decider as long as we beat Perth A and Motherwell H. Some slip ups from Hibs would be nice. Killie and Paisley are gone.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What a pleasure it was to watch us dismantle Aberdeen tonight. The only gripe is we didn't score more goals as we deserved it.

Tiffoney stepped up big time tonight and I've not rated him even in previous games where he's scored. Excellent.

Main was much better than Bakayoko has been and looked like his fitness has come on. Signs he can be useful for next season.

Cameron class tonight and Portales was back to the form we seen at points early in the season - his composure on the ball makes such a difference.

I'd given up top six hopes but it looks like we can take it down to a Pittodrie decider as long as we beat Perth A and Motherwell H. Some slip ups from Hibs would be nice. Killie and Paisley are gone.

Thank you.

Agree with all of this 

Thought top 6 had gone but we’ve a very good chance, the depth of the squad showing tonight big time

shame we can’t score more from open play

Edited by MarkoP

Just now, 2426255 said:

What a night. Doc's men awoke something within me. I wish to join your number as you seek your top-6 dream.

No thank you.

New members aren't being accepted as this time. We'll fire an e-mail to John Nelms though and he may get back to you.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No thank you.

New members aren't being accepted as this time. We'll fire an e-mail to John Nelms though and he may get back to you.

Thank you very much I'll update my profile tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

What a night. Doc's men awoke something within me. I wish to join your number as you seek your top-6 dream.

No thanks, I hear St Johnstone are looking for people just like you to join their crazy gang of wild cats and party animals.

Edited by johnnydun

I've given our buddy Curtis the nickname 'Mainiac'. 

I hope it sticks. 

In other news, how has McCowan not got a Scotland call up!?

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

3 hours ago, Girth said:

I've given our buddy Curtis the nickname 'Mainiac'. 

I hope it sticks. 

In other news, how has McCowan not got a Scotland call up!?

Thank you. 

Half a season of excellent form does make him a Scotland international, he’s been outstanding in our team , but let’s not go all Dab on him and have him playing for Scotland and worth 30 million yet 

McCowan, has been absolutely sensational, but Scotland have many, many quality midfielders in his position who are better.

He's a central midfielder for us now and his competition would be John McGinn, Ryan Christie, Stuart Armstrong, Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson & Callum McGregor. He's not getting ahead of any of them. He's brilliant, but he's not that quality. And that's not to knock McCowan, just, let's be real! 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCowan, has been absolutely sensational, but Scotland have many, many quality midfielders in his position who are better.

He's a central midfielder for us now and his competition would be John McGinn, Ryan Christie, Stuart Armstrong, Scott McTominay, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson & Callum McGregor. He's not getting ahead of any of them. He's brilliant, but he's not that quality. And that's not to knock McCowan, just, let's be real! 

I was being rather overexuberant. Excuse my DABness. 

Thank you. 

Jon McCracken out of contract in the summer. Aged 23 and hasn't looked out of place once whenever he's played this season. Infact his overall performances have stood out more than Carson.

Without doubt he's one who could make the club money as an investment. Having Carson there next season aswell to help him along with his experience would also be ideal.

Hopefully being worked on. Will be interesting to see how he can command the defence/set pieces against The Rangers and also whether his cool head on the ball at his feet can be maintained.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Jon McCracken out of contract in the summer. Aged 23 and hasn't looked out of place once whenever he's played this season. Infact his overall performances have stood out more than Carson.

Without doubt he's one who could make the club money as an investment. Having Carson there next season aswell to help him along with his experience would also be ideal.

Hopefully being worked on. Will be interesting to see how he can command the defence/set pieces against The Rangers and also whether his cool head on the ball at his feet can be maintained.

Thank you.

At 23 would we be due a development fee ? Or does it count going either way from Scotland England or vice Versa 

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

In an ideal world McCracken would have a great run of form meaning Carson wouldn't replace him when fit. The boy would enjoy his time at Dens so much that he'd be more than happy to sign on for next season. I'm always the optimist 

Last night was, apart from a paucity of Dark Blue goals, a five star performance. The first half domination was a real pleasure to watch with our midfield reigning imperially against an absent Dons midfield. Sylla, McCowan and Cameron with Tiffany were outstanding, and Curtis Main caused great difficulties in the Aberdeen defence. Time for him to score please. 
The defence, too, pretty much coped with the Dons’ attack- insipid as it often was, and I enjoyed the excellent punching out from McCracken. Daftie behind me shouting “catch it”! 

I’d like to see the same energy and sense of purpose instead of standing off the opponents when the Govan lads visit on Sunday.

On 12/03/2024 at 13:34, Boo Khaki said:

TBH it's more embarrassing the number of grown men who think football shirts are "smart" etc. 

Presumably the types who wander aroond in gear their maw buys from JD Sports 24/7

Well, I think it's smart, but I wouldn't dream of buying or wearing one. Just the same as I can admire my wife wearing a beautiful dress (careful choice of analogy because I'm highly risk averse on social media) but that doesn't mean I'd ever want to wear it.