All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Nonsense. You can walk to the proposed stadium site in less than 15 minutes from the Logie Club, Dee Club and Sandy's bar. 

Nae chance it's less than 15mins. Dee club to the ice rink is 20mins easily. 

My point is, it's not the 5/10min walk for boozers around the grounds just now 

2 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Nae chance it's less than 15mins. Dee club to the ice rink is 20mins easily. 

My point is, it's not the 5/10min walk for boozers around the grounds just now 

So f**k man.

There will be bars within the stadium for those who can't manage the treacherous passage from the Dee Club to Camperdown via the underpass.

This is the sort of moron we are dealing with here folks. Don't build a new stadium, punters will have to add 7 minutes onto their walk to the ground. What is the point being made? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

The problem is a shiny new stadium costs money. Dundee finished 6th last year and I'd imagine for Dundee (or any club) just to stand still and finish 6th again will take more money than the season before or relying on a high percentage of success in the loan market which generally doesn't happen 

It's a fortune to go to football these days, it's also a fortune to run clubs that have aspirations of European football. The money must come from somewhere 

Are you suggesting the budget of the squad would have anything to do with the funding for a new stadium? Wild if so.

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

So f**k man.

There will be bars within the stadium for those who can't manage the treacherous passage from the Dee Club to Camperdown via the underpass.

This is the sort of moron we are dealing with here folks. Don't build a new stadium, punters will have to add 7 minutes onto their walk to the ground. What is the point being made? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thank you.

Bars within the ground. Have you seen the price of food within grounds. Can you imagine what the price of a pint will be on top of the ever escalating ticket prices of games.

I don't know your pre match routine but the last derby there, all pubs(which there are a good number) around Dens and Tannadice were mobbed from 10.30 onwards. How do you think it will work with those numbers of people all going to 3 boozers which are a mile away from the ground? 

39 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Bars within the ground. Have you seen the price of food within grounds. Can you imagine what the price of a pint will be on top of the ever escalating ticket prices of games.

I don't know your pre match routine but the last derby there, all pubs(which there are a good number) around Dens and Tannadice were mobbed from 10.30 onwards. How do you think it will work with those numbers of people all going to 3 boozers which are a mile away from the ground? 

Now you're going on about food. Why the f**k have you moved onto food. Yes, I go to the pub before Dens but certainly don't tuck into the rare cuisine on offer from the bustling kitchens of Halleys, Bowbridge or the Atheltic. 

Ticket pricing would actually beable to be lowered with a stadium move as money isn't pouring out every orifice of the stadium.

Dees will find their own routine for the new stadium, whether it's to drink at the ground, the various pubs around there or remain on the Hilltown and travel along via bus or taxi. The clubs main points to take in hand when building a state of the art facility for the City of Dundee isn't the alcohol intake pre match of a proportion of home fans. I quite like the idea of sitting in a new bar within the ground surrounded by fellow Dees with big screens of the early kick offs etc. As far as Derby days go most of the DABs travel into Dundee so a little bit further along the Kingsway shouldn't be an issue. If they decided against attending then even better.

The move also gives rise for boozers and other outlets to be created around the ground, aiding in the regeneration of Dryburgh, Charleston and beyond.

Once Nelmsey re-opens the Camperdown golf course, builds the hotels and outlets we'll have a visible Dark Blue welcome to the City for all. The final touches will be the crematorium where we'll burn the Dayglo carcass of the moneyless Arabs who will be in a hell of a state by then.

I wouldn't be worrying about us.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Now you're going on about food. Why the f**k have you moved onto food. Yes, I go to the pub before Dens but certainly don't tuck into the rare cuisine on offer from the bustling kitchens of Halleys, Bowbridge or the Atheltic. 

Ticket pricing would actually beable to be lowered with a stadium move as money isn't pouring out every orifice of the stadium.

Dees will find their own routine for the new stadium, whether it's to drink at the ground, the various pubs around there or remain on the Hilltown and travel along via bus or taxi. The clubs main points to take in hand when building a state of the art facility for the City of Dundee isn't the alcohol intake pre match of a proportion of home fans. I quite like the idea of sitting in a new bar within the ground surrounded by fellow Dees with big screens of the early kick offs etc. As far as Derby days go most of the DABs travel into Dundee so a little bit further along the Kingsway shouldn't be an issue. If they decided against attending then even better.

The move also gives rise for boozers and other outlets to be created around the ground, aiding in the regeneration of Dryburgh, Charleston and beyond.

Once Nelmsey re-opens the Camperdown golf course, builds the hotels and outlets we'll have a visible Dark Blue welcome to the City for all. The final touches will be the crematorium where we'll burn the Dayglo carcass of the moneyless Arabs who will be in a hell of a state by then.

I wouldn't be worrying about us.

Thank you.

I hope your playing the banter card with that whole post 

22 minutes ago, K.T said:

Personally i think it’s depressing this argument is even being made. 

Personally I think it's depressing people keep quoting this brain-dead loser so I have to see his word salads at all.

Looks like a large crowd heading to Edinburgh - third section opened already in the away end. 

Build a team and the fans will follow. Decent pricing from Hibs so fair play for that. 

Train booked; Edinburgh a favourite of mine especially when there's no Rugby fannies going around before Murrayfield. Got caught up in that one away game to Edinburgh and it was torture.

Thank you. 

Looks like it's going to be a cracking day and these threads are always good. 

My Hi Dees love in did take a bit of a dip when you gave "Malkkky" the gig.

Getting one over racists is always good. 

56 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Pubs are of course a major concern, with Dens being surrounded by so many naturally occurring ones.  These things can’t just be created somewhere else.

If they could just put Frews on stilts and transport it to Campy that would be great. 

18 minutes ago, mungo said:

Not everyone needs a drink to enjoy the game.  I couldn't care less  if there's a pub near camperdown or not. 

Yes and no. Going to the pub with your pals before the match and catching the early game is a religion for some. In many cases, more entertaining then actually going to the game. I hardly ever used to go to the pub before the game now, more often than not, I do with my pals. I enjoy doing that. There's been plenty of times we've met up in town before and had a drink then got a taxi up to the game. 

It really isn't that big a deal..