All things Dundee FC

Nelms in today's Tele saying, 'We'd rather hold on to Greg to climb the league table and entertain the fans than put a few hundred thousand pounds in the bank'.

Nelms in today's Tele saying, 'We'd rather hold on to Greg to climb the league table and entertain the fans than put a few hundred thousand pounds in the bank'.

Superb talk from Nelmsy.

Great stuff...sets the right tone when the transfer negotiations start.

Would be interesting to see if this actually happened if you receive a half decent bid

Aufc, on 23 May 2016 - 15:21, said:

Would be interesting to see if this actually happened if you receive a half decent bid

All clubs have a selling point. Nelms was just making it clear that Stewart won't be going for less than serious money (Which I'd consider to be upwards of £500k).

McGinn having second thoughts about playing in the championship now, according to the Tully.

^^^^^ - fancies a wee trip to Austria before moving on?  fwiw - I'd have him in the team.  Think he's a great modern day full back.

Must admit, was the first thought that came to me when I heard the news too.

ETA: Seeing as he's under 23, and Killie offered him a deal (?) I'd imagine there'd be sizeable compensation required. Probably be off down South.

Edited by Ludo *1

Must admit, was the first thought that came to me when I heard the news too.

ETA: Seeing as he's under 23, and Killie offered him a deal (?) I'd imagine there'd be sizeable compensation required. Probably be off down South.

Did he not just sign 3 or 4 years ago, rather than come through their system from a young age? Would mean reduced compensation I'd imagine.

Did he not just sign 3 or 4 years ago, rather than come through their system from a young age? Would mean reduced compensation I'd imagine.

This. Was released by St Mirren and joined in 2012.

Don't think a fee would be any stumbling block. It'd be something like Holt's I'd imagine.

Edited by harry94

Heard from a good source that Mcginn spoke to Hartley about wanting to stay and play premiership football but Hartley said he took the deal off the table as he only wants players here who want to play for us. If I was Hartley id tell Mcginn to ram it and go back to playing championship football again.

Maybe a miscall by Hartley there. The guy thought he could do better, realised he couldn't and wants to stay. Could make him appreciate his situation and be an even better player as a result of this wee life lesson. If there's nobody better coming in, let's give him a chance.