All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Apparently GGH didn't cover a guy at a corner during preseason drills :(

Feck knows where he will fit into Thistle's sublime attacking formation? ;)

If he were going anywhere I'd want it to be Partick. Thank you.

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon Harkins has probably declined the new extension offer and Hartley has turned round and said 'You're free to go then' as rightly or wrongly - he doesn't seem to mess about.

Wild theory, but I'm bored, maybe it's like a John Terry situation and Harkins side has let it leak out.

Harkins is offered a new deal on reduced terms and told that if he doesn't take it, he's not in long-term plans. Harkins is unhappy with the money offered and puts out publicly that it'll result in him leaving the club. That means that Hartley will be asked about it directly and be under pressure to solidify his status at the club. Hartley will know that he's a popular player and a good option to have and in turn put pressure on the board to up their offer.

Otherwise, Hartley just genuinely believes that he isn't a good allocation of resources due to how many attacking players we have and wants the money spent elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Very true although I think in certain situations it could hurt us. For example, I think both Ziggy Gordon and Paul McGinn are better than Cammy Kerr (For the time being at least) and perhaps if he was a little more 'patient' (That's maybe not the best word for it.) we could have a stronger squad right now. That said, I don't know the exact details of what's going on as they could have been ripping the piss - just my view from the outside.

My thoughts were that there's the potential for some kind of personality thing, it wouldn't have to be a 'clash', just a manager maybe letting his views of a guy get in the way, same as every walk of life. I'm not passing this off as anything other than a possibility, not trying to stir up anything, I haven't got a clue and its close season so the mind wanders.

Disappointing to see we've only sold 3000 ST's so far. Despite all their schemes, for United to be in the league below and still 1200 ahead (I expected them to be ahead but not by that much) is a tad embarrassing IMO.

6 minutes ago, K.T said:

If I had any money I'd buy a season ticket.

Certainly not having a go at people that can't afford it bud!

Hoping we can get a decent boost before the season commences, and if you're swithering on whether or not to get one, hopefully Nelmsy's plans get you buzzing for the season ahead:

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointing to see we've only sold 3000 ST's so far. Despite all their schemes, for United to be in the league below and still 1200 ahead (I expected them to be ahead but not by that much) is a tad embarrassing IMO.

To be fair, we can only really compare to last year. If we sell more than the previous season, it's good business and we are on course to according to the statement put out.

Think we should step back from the United comparisons as much as possible. They've had 10 ridiculously successful seasons (their top 6 record was incredible), consistently reached cup finals (winning one), made regular appearances in Europe and also beaten the Old Firm on occasion. In that time, we struggled against part-time teams and been a laughing stock with our operations.

If we can keep building on our playing squad and maintaining stability - the time will come where we're matching sales.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You've got to remember Income per capita is higher in Angus than it is in Dundee.  Also, a lot of United fans will be excited about the prospect of seeing their team win a few games this season!

Certainly not having a go at people that can't afford it bud!

I didn't mean for my post to come across like I was pissed off!

Hopefully in a couple years I'll be back buying season tickets.

I'm paying my season ticket monthly this year as I didn't want to stump up the £350 all at once due to other things. Still can't go as much due to going back to playing Saturday's.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If he were going anywhere I'd want it to be Partick. Thank you.

How come the Maureens and the Ayrshire Shit kickers never appreciated the genius of Jeebs? 

Thank you 

16 hours ago, K.T said:

If I had any money I'd buy a season ticket.

Made a post about this over on TDB forum. The gist was - they're too dear. Hamilton are £150 for adults and £14 for kids. No concessions, no students, no super-duper early bird renewal deals. Lovely.

17 hours ago, SpiderDee said:

I think we should replace him with that Liam Walker who played for that Imps team against Celtic. Very confident on the ball and won't break the bank like Mallan probably would

Noooo :o I've just noticed you have the bold Andy Kiwomya as yer avatar as well. Since when? He's become my new favourite player, pipping Sean Bonnett-Johnson to the coveted title. I suppose we can take this opportunity to appreciate this kit; 

031092-premier-division-dundee-v-celtic-0-1-dens-park-dundee-andy-BJHCMY.jpg

Noooo [emoji33] I've just noticed you have the bold Andy Kiwomya as yer avatar as well. Since when? He's become my new favourite player, pipping Sean Bonnett-Johnson to the coveted title. I suppose we can take this opportunity to appreciate this kit; 

3000 at our prices compared to say 4000 at £150 would mean we'd lose money.

19 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Made a post about this over on TDB forum. The gist was - they're too dear. Hamilton are £150 for adults and £14 for kids. No concessions, no students, no super-duper early bird renewal deals. Lovely.

Noooo :o I've just noticed you have the bold Andy Kiwomya as yer avatar as well. Since when? He's become my new favourite player, pipping Sean Bonnett-Johnson to the coveted title. I suppose we can take this opportunity to appreciate this kit; 

Ha ha Kiwomya made Daquin look like Ronaldo !!

Love that pic tho - what a braw strip that was !