All things Dundee FC

Liam Kennedy putting the boot into punters "In The Know" regarding the £250k clause https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/liam-kennedy-inside-look-dundees-sale-kane-hemmings/

That's just one massive, 'told you so'. What a c**t Kennedy is. The sooner he's shifted on, the better. Brings nothing to journalism, and despite him getting this one right, his constant lies means he can hardly gain credit for getting this one right.

Should probably read the thread then, where you'll see quotes from Barnsley talking about releasing him.

Which came at the point he'd already agreed a deal with us.

Should probably read the thread then, where you'll see quotes from Barnsley talking about releasing him.

Actually can you just re-read the quote Ludo replied to?

Randy was stating that Hemmings had been at Cowdenbeath immediately prior to him joining us - which is shite.

Let me ask you a yes/no question.

With the benefit of hindsight and you knew Hemmings was going to score 25 goals for Saints last season and at the start of the following season you were going to sell him for 250k would you have signed him for Saints - if you had that power in your gift? Yes or no?

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Actually can you just re-read the quote Ludo replied to?

Randy was stating that Hemmings had been at Cowdenbeath immediately prior to him joining us - which is shite.

Let me ask you a yes/no question.

With the benefit of hindsight and you knew Hemmings was going to score 25 goals for Saints last season and at the start of the following season you were going to sell him for 250k would you have signed him for Saints - if you had that power in your gift? Yes or no?

Fifespud.  I fear you are wasting your time trying to reason with RG on this.

Best to remember the old saying:

"Never argue with a fool.  He will only drag you down to his level, then he will beat you with his experience".

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly don't know, 25 goal strikers are rare as f**k at our level, so saying you'd turn down a striker who'd manage that is fucking moronic, but £250k for all the disruption his departure will cause to the squad isn't a good trade. 

All I know is when we lost May, who I'd argue was as important to us and Hemmings was to you, we struggled like f**k for a year to get over that loss, and if we hadn't had such a defensively solid squad we'd have been in huge trouble. We finished 4th but we averaged less than a goal a game, which is relegation statistics. I don't think £250k is enough to make up for that size of loss.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I honestly don't know, 25 goal strikers are rare as f**k at our level, so saying you'd turn down a striker who'd manage that is fucking moronic, but £250k for all the disruption his departure will cause to the squad isn't a good trade. 

All I know is when we lost May, who I'd argue was as important to us and Hemmings was to you, we struggled like f**k for a year to get over that loss, and if we hadn't had such a defensively solid squad we'd have been in huge trouble. We finished 4th but we averaged less than a goal a game, which is relegation statistics. I don't think £250k is enough to make up for that size of loss.

Sake.

So not a yes or a no?

You could argue Hemmings goals kept us up last season. When we signed him that's all we were worried about.

You could imagine the board's discussions. 'Here's a guy who flopped at Rangers and at Barnsley but he had a decent record at Cowdenbeath. f**k it if anyone offers us 250k in 12 months time we'll bite their hand off'.

You've made an arse of yourself over this, despite all the 'Boredom Guy' stuff if I'm honest I expected a bit more from you, I actually thought more of you. However there's nothing easier to get in life than a disappointment.

I've been humming and hawing over season tickets this year but f**k it I'm buying 2 tomorrow. (Yes that's one to keep and one to send back)

Just now, Fifespud said:

So not a yes or a no?

You could argue Hemmings goals kept us up last season. When we signed him that's all we were worried about.

You could imagine the board's discussions. 'Here's a guy who flopped at Rangers and at Barnsley but he had a decent record at Cowdenbeath. f**k it if anyone offers us 250k in 12 months time we'll bite their hand off'.

You've made an arse of yourself over this, despite all the 'Boredom Guy' stuff if I'm honest I expected a bit more from you, I actually thought more of you. However there's nothing easier to get in life than a disappointment.

I've been humming and hawing over season tickets this year but f**k it I'm buying 2 tomorrow. (Yes that's one to keep and one to send back)

I'm saying signing Hemmings was a no-brainer, but I'm saying agreeing to a £250k was poor considering the current transfer fees on the go. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm saying signing Hemmings was a no-brainer, but I'm saying agreeing to a £250k was poor considering the current transfer fees on the go. 

The same Journalist you're lauding for revealing a release clause is the same journalist saying Hemmings was only signing for Dundee if he got the clause. 

You can't have it both ways.

Just now, Deeboy said:

The same Journalist you're lauding for revealing a release clause is the same journalist saying Hemmings was only signing for Dundee if he got the clause. 

You can't have it both ways.

I've not lauded Kennedy at all?

Just now, Deeboy said:

Aye, you're right. It was some Oxfordian (?) :lol: journalist you were. Apologies.

Indeed. Is this your "retribution" for your embarrassing "£500k" speel, which even your fellow Dees aren't believing?

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Indeed. Is this your "retribution" for your embarrassing "£500k" speel, which even your fellow Dees aren't believing?

Do you know how much it was like? "Undisclosed" is the word that was used. Not "Ask BordomGuy he kens".

Edited by johnnydun

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Do you know how much it was like? "Undisclosed" is the word that was used. Not "Ask BordemGuy he kens".

I believe its the widely reported, by numerous different journalists, £250k. Which was his widely reported, by numerous different journalists, release clause.