All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, K.T said:

Dabs are jealous as f**k, IMO.

Dundee FC - Big Time.

and we get to demolish the site of the DABs greatest achievement - no more shrine to '83.  Maybe they'll put a plaque on the street next to the new housing estate.

29 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

So moving up beside the ice rink as opposed to building one under the super new South stand capacity 8500? Ron Dixon was my favourite.

Aha, the Super Derry - I was genuinely quite excited about that when the artist's impressions came out :lol:

I think an Ice Rink was planned as part of that development IIRC.  

Anyways, the new plans sound exciting.  It'll be a 15,000 all seater bowl IMO.

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I thought they couldn't build on the ground that was why we couldn't move before ?

Don't know about "couldn't" build - I always thought it was just a cost decision - in that the cost to demolish, remove buildings/soil and prepare the site would cost so much more than the sale value of the properties they could build in that location in Dundee.

Don't know about "couldn't" build - I always thought it was just a cost decision - in that the cost to demolish, remove buildings/soil and prepare the site would cost so much more than the sale value of the properties they could build in that location in Dundee.

Thats what I thought too. Dont think there is any reason why anyone couldn't

I'm not in favour of a move to the outskirts, it kills the atmosphere if there's no pubs nearby, you just have to look at Falkirk and St Johnston. Redeveloping Dens for housing would have to take into account the fact that the main stand is listed.

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

and we get to demolish the site of the DABs greatest achievement - no more shrine to '83.  Maybe they'll put a plaque on the street next to the new housing estate.

If you follow some United fans' logic United didn't win the league at Dens, they won the league over the course of the season.  Just like they were never relegated at Dens.

Nine Maidens and The Admiral will be rubbing their hands at this deal. Two nearest pubs.

I'm extremely close to Camperdown, but we shouldn't be leaving Dens under no circumstances IMO. Part of my love for the club is the stadium. It contains so many of my memories. To move to a new one, isn't acceptable for me, even if it makes 'business sense'. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nine Maidens and The Admiral will be rubbing their hands at this deal. Two nearest pubs.

I'm extremely close to Camperdown, but we shouldn't be leaving Dens under no circumstances IMO. Part of my love for the club is the stadium. It contains so many of my memories. To move to a new one, isn't acceptable for me, even if it makes 'business sense'. 

Addy and the Middens are still miles away. Doubt they'd pick up any extra custom. Is the Last Drop still open?

15 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Addy and the Middens are still miles away. Doubt they'd pick up any extra custom. Is the Last Drop still open?

Maidens is 1.6 miles away according to AA route planner. 5 minutes in a taxi.  Admiral is less than a mile (0.7 miles) and 2 minutes in a taxi (Again according to the AA route planner).

In context, Frews is 0.5 miles. Difference of 0.2 miles. I reckon the Addy could do not too badly from it.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

He was really poor against East Fife, positionally and physically that game. I thought he had a poor first half against Dumbarton as well although the majority of the team that day did so maybe I'm being a bit harsh there. I wasn't at Peterhead so can't comment on his performance there but was really good against Forfar.

I want him to do well but I just don't think he's ready yet, he needs someone more experienced to show him the ropes IMO. Definitely needs to bulk up anyway.

Don't think he needs someone more experienced to show him the ropes, he needs experience. We have been pretty hopeless giving youth a decent run in our first team for quite a few seasons. If we are to encourage potential young stars to choose us we should have 1 or 2 each year given good runs (Kerr and Wighton this year).