All things Dundee FC

Just watching the Forfar highlights there and it's impossible to overstate how much of a miss Greg is going to be if and when he goes. Whoever made the Arjen Robben comparison the other day got it spot on. I can't understand why teams aren't throwing money at the club to get him, unless of course there's a bidding war going on behind the scenes.

I reckon he'll be gone before the transfer window closes to a bottom half English Championship club for £825,000 plus substantial add-ons. Maybe he'll join Big Daddy Kane Hemmings at fucking Oxford.

Just watching the Forfar highlights there and it's impossible to overstate how much of a miss Greg is going to be if and when he goes. Whoever made the Arjen Robben comparison the other day got it spot on. I can't understand why teams aren't throwing money at the club to get him, unless of course there's a bidding war going on behind the scenes.

I reckon he'll be gone before the transfer window closes to a bottom half English Championship club for £825,000 plus substantial add-ons. Maybe he'll join Big Daddy Kane Hemmings at fucking Oxford.

Will there be substantial add ons for a 26 year old?

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Will there be substantial add ons for a 26 year old?

Look at Ross McCormack. 29 and still attracting multi-million pound transfers, despite not being seen as EPL standard. 

If Greg played all season in the Championship, scored 15 goals and had 15 assists, then another EPL club could easily bid a few million for him. I personally think he needs more pace to play in England at a high level, but the talent it there. 

Look at Ross McCormack. 29 and still attracting multi-million pound transfers, despite not being seen as EPL standard. 

If Greg played all season in the Championship, scored 15 goals and had 15 assists, then another EPL club could easily bid a few million for him. I personally think he needs more pace to play in England at a high level, but the talent it there. 

I think he is a great player. Will be interesting to see how he does. Were there any substantial add on for mccormack?

Easier said than done.... Ross McCormack would run riot if he played up here. Much better than any striker currently in the league including Griffiths.

Squeeze and a half to fit a stadium with proper walking access around it in a plot of land that shape.

Good additional room on the whole plot for additional facilities, though. Pretty brutal location otherwise.

Edited by banana

11 minutes ago, banana said:

Squeeze and a half to fit a stadium with proper walking access around it in a plot of land that shape.

Good additional room on the whole plot for additional facilities, though.

Not very well done but, yesterday, I spent two minutes working out approximate dimensions from Google Earth to get some sort of idea about how much space is actually there.

NKfyZYA.jpg

x4mC5Ts.jpg

There's going to be plenty of walking access around it. Not on those pictures as didn't consider it at the time but the distance across half way up (at the smallest mid-section) is about 180m. Imagine it'll be orientated with the length of the pitch running up the y-axis. If it was the other way around, it might be a big tighter if there were additional constraints but even then, I'm pretty sure that configuration could even result in a reasonable amount of room.

Edited by harry94

33 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Not very well done but, yesterday, I spent two minutes working out approximate dimensions from Google Earth to get some sort of idea about how much space is actually there.

Ha, did exactly the same.

You're right, I was imagining any car park at the south and the stadium to the north. A stadium would fit with decent walking room at the south end of the plot. Though the question then becomes about room for an access road to the car park.

Anyway, all speculation, seems a weird location.

Folk saying 'just redevelop Dens', that would be the ideal but the Yanks would have to buy the stadium from John Bennett then put in an enormous amount of work to modernise the Main Stand and the Derry.

Much cheaper just to build a new ground.

Also don't the government give cash to projects like this? That would also ease costs.

Also, on a side note: just heard El Bakhtaoui on STV - he's got a weird Fife/French accent. He's gona have to sort that right out

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

There use to be an access road from the Kingsway that got closed off just beside cinema

Aye it's still there, just overgrown.

I hope it's not a total eyesore. It's on the edge of a country park and it would be nice if we kept that in mind. The TV box can be a treehouse, for example.