All things Dundee FC

Is Dundee's football support split down geographical lines like it is in Edinburgh, thus having an impact on stadium placement? Unlikely, I know, considering how close the stadiums are to each other. But I'd assume somewhere like Broughty Ferry is predominantly Arab, so maybe other areas follow suit.

Won't be 15,000 - would be pointless as we'd never fill it (apart from derbies obv)

It's not in camperdown, it's alongside the current leisure park and access will be via the kingsway as well as the retail park so traffic shouldn't be a huge issue. Parking will obviously be easier as well, big old car park already there with more to be added.

Bar in the stadium, retail outlets (food most likely) as part of the development and jobs a good un.

I'll fucking miss Dens but progress is required at Dundee. Years of poor product have eroded our support and as much as I love the stadium the facilities are less than ideal in parts of the ground. A new stadium will create a buzz and maybe bring some fans back.

Is Dundee's football support split down geographical lines like it is in Edinburgh, thus having an impact on stadium placement? Unlikely, I know, considering how close the stadiums are to each other. But I'd assume somewhere like Broughty Ferry is predominantly Arab, so maybe other areas follow suit.

Yes. Dundee fans are predominantly from the City of Dundee.

DABs are from East of Dobbies.

Thank you

21 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

Yes. Dundee fans are predominantly from the City of Dundee.

DABs are from East of Dobbies.

Thank you

You get a greenie for posting word-for-word what I was thinking. 

Obsession chat. You're better than that, mate.

I'm actually just turning the patter I got hit with from DABs constantly around on you - very clever of me tbh.

I could also highlight how quickly you replied now if I wanted to go full DAB.

If I wanted to go Season ticket to TBS sex dungeon I'd check your post count on this thread.

FWIW what are our season ticket sales currently?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If this actually happens it will be great news for Dundee's wee club.

Over the years Dundee fans have had to endure a string of con men, charlatans, spivs and fantasists - the guys in charge now look like the real deal and if they're prepared to make an investment of this magnitude it suggests that they're in this for the long haul.

Your so right there Granny.  You must know only too well what happens when the guy/s at the top make a series of mistakes.  

That reminds me, any word of how United's search for a new chairman is going?  Seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front.    "European nights to relegation fights" and all that.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It'll be shite if you move to the other side of the kingsway. Dens is walking distance from town and that is a big part of the appeal of a day at the football in Dundee. Talking from experience here, football stadiums on the outskirts of town are shite.

100% agree. 

And talk of 15000 is mental.  The first couple of seasons there would be a big buzz but it doesn't last sadly. Our first season in the premier league at McD, in 1991(second season at the new stadium), we averaged about 9000!

Build it for the regulars that will turn up every week, not those who only want to come along to the big games, leaving you a soulless half empty stadium most of the time.  10,000 would be perfect. You can always reduce the away allocation.

Not looking for a crowdwank argument, just an honest opinion based on what we've experienced.

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It'll be good to get a complete view of the game from the away end, not sure of any other benefits for away fans?

Progress is progress I suppose...

Assuming that the new stadium would be built on the piece of land people are sharing pictures of, off the top of my head, advantages for away fans could include:

1. Not needing to look at the dump across the road, (or the ramshackle POS that is the derry TBH)

2. Not needing to hunt around wee streets for parking (there's enough space for a stadium, a parking area, and a shopping centre there.) 

3. KFC, McD's, and ashoka shak are 2 minutes away

4. The amenities on offer inside a new ground surely cant be any worse than what we've got currently

2 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

Assuming that the new stadium would be built on the piece of land people are sharing pictures of, off the top of my head, advantages for away fans could include:

1. Not needing to look at the dump across the road, (or the ramshackle POS that is the derry TBH)

2. Not needing to hunt around wee streets for parking (there's enough space for a stadium, a parking area, and a shopping centre there.) 

3. KFC, McD's, and ashoka shak are 2 minutes away

4. The amenities on offer inside a new ground surely cant be any worse than what we've got currently

I just like getting pished pre match.  Supporters bus should find somewhere decent or carry on at the cabbie club.

Is the proposed area near where the Ice Hockey team play?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

100% agree. 

And talk of 15000 is mental.  The first couple of seasons there would be a big buzz but it doesn't last sadly. Our first season in the premier league at McD, in 1991(second season at the new stadium), we averaged about 9000!

Build it for the regulars that will turn up every week, not those who only want to come along to the big games, leaving you a soulless half empty stadium most of the time.  10,000 would be perfect. You can always reduce the away allocation.

Not looking for a crowdwank argument, just an honest opinion based on what we've experienced.

Bigger capacities could mean ancilliary revenues from concerts, events etc. on top of match day parking, and then what ever other facilities could pay rent being built on a site of that size. IMO we should do anything  within reason to maximise income and improve the product on the field.

I'm sure I read (but cant remember where, sorry) that St Johnstone couldn't afford the playing budget they have if they were reliant on ticket sales alone. Which, to be fair, you lot do punch well above your weight considering the size of crowds you have.