All things Dundee FC

The Hartley out revolution has began on the Dundee forums.

Fuckïng ridiculous. Things might not be perfect but they could be a hell of a lot worse. We could do with a win next week. Gomis will be back but O'Hara out. I'd definitely like to see 2 up front. Preferably including Yordi, I assume he was dropped completely today.

Knew this would happen - we've not had a good sacking for a few years now, the support must be getting restless.

It's not so much the ridiculous nature of calling for Hartley's head - I've come to expect that from a larger proportion of Dee fans than I'd like to accept over the years.

It's the shouts for the next manager that are utterly depressing. Jimmy Calderwood, Terry Butcher, John Hughes and Peter Houston.

59 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Srw likes this.

I actually dont, but I do feel quite touched that youre thinking of me.

I dont read any other forums, so dont know what is going on elsewhere, the people I attend Dens with all back Hartley, and think he is doing a decent/good job.

I wish Hartley was a success, I wish we progressed under him, and will admit that losing Harkins, Hemmings and Stewart was always going to be difficult, but the writings on the wall for him IMO. 2 points from 4 home games, including playing the two weakest sides from last season just isnt good enough. The next 4 games will be hard going, I cant see any wins there.

Before the boo boys have a go at me, disagree if you want, its only an opinion, but I really do fear for us. We dont have a striker to score goals, we dont have a formation that works, and Hartley has no plan B. It will be a long hard season IMO.

Posted this in the wrong thread but:

be44968497b4e744d09cb6c1e0b6f0ff.jpg

I'm getting the overwhelming feeling that Bain just cbf at Dens anymore.

Even something as trivial and petty as clapping the fans - Aberdeen's keeper today made more of an effort than he does.

Fantastic keeper, but I'm worried his heart isn't in it these days.

2 points from 4 home games, including playing the two weakest sides from last season just isnt good enough. The next 4 games will be hard going, I cant see any wins there.

We dont have a striker to score goals, we dont have a formation that works, and Hartley has no plan B. It will be a long hard season IMO.

Really, nobody can argue with any of that IMO.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Posted this in the wrong thread but:

be44968497b4e744d09cb6c1e0b6f0ff.jpg

I'm getting the overwhelming feeling that Bain just cbf at Dens anymore.

Even something as trivial and petty as clapping the fans - Aberdeen's keeper today made more of an effort than he does.

Fantastic keeper, but I'm worried his heart isn't in it these days.

Agreed. I won't criticise him because he's doesn't deserve being criticised for his contributions on the pitch, but he was obviously really good friends with the guys who've left. We all know he'll go on to a better club than us but seeing Greg and Kane get their moves has probably turned his head and he'll want out sooner rather than later. He won't be a Dundee player this time next year.

ETA - He should know better than to put things like that up on his twitter though, especially straight after a defeat. 

Edited by Louis Litt

1 hour ago, srw said:

Before the boo boys have a go at me, disagree if you want, its only an opinion, but I really do fear for us. We dont have a striker to score goals, we dont have a formation that works, and Hartley has no plan B. It will be a long hard season IMO.

55 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Really, nobody can argue withany of that IMO.

if we can get Yordi up front for El Bak to play off (with Wighton) I think we will score goals. Duffy looks like he could also add to that and once Hateley gets his fitness levels up we will add creativity. Might be an eternal optimist but, to me, it's about getting the formation right at the moment. Here's hoping. Wouldn't say Hartley has been impressing recently but I'm way off calling for his head - just about time for Hartley to implement plan C.     

It took hemmings 8-9 games before he started scoring for fun I assume the same will happen with el bak because he is a better all round player IMO just needs proper service to his feet cause let's be honest he's not gonna win a header, so Hartley is gonna have to either bring in a big lump to hold up or put yordi in cause he deserves a punt

The only thing that's holding me off from being part of the "Hartley oot!" brigade is that I genuinely cant think of who we could replace him with. But something's got to give, and soon. It feels to me like we've actually regressed year on year since promotion. United being so shite, and us having Stewart and Hemmings carrying the team last year made things look a lot better than they actually were but unfortunately I think Hartley's gonna be found out this season. Looking at the games so far, relegation is not outwith the realms of possibility...

Ideally we'd be able to get Tommy wright in, he's consistently proven at St Johnstone that he can get good results with a team that (IMO) man to man are not as good as the players we have at our disposal. But I just cant see them letting him go without a good amount of compensation, and I'm sure that if he were to leave perth he'd be going to a bigger team than us.

It's a shite state of affairs.

The only thing that's holding me off from being part of the "Hartley oot!" brigade is that I genuinely cant think of who we could replace him with. But something's got to give, and soon. It feels to me like we've actually regressed year on year since promotion. United being so shite, and us having Stewart and Hemmings carrying the team last year made things look a lot better than they actually were but unfortunately I think Hartley's gonna be found out this season. Looking at the games so far, relegation is not outwith the realms of possibility...

Ideally we'd be able to get Tommy wright in, he's consistently proven at St Johnstone that he can get good results with a team that (IMO) man to man are not as good as the players we have at our disposal. But I just cant see them letting him go without a good amount of compensation, and I'm sure that if he were to leave perth he'd be going to a bigger team than us.

It's a shite state of affairs.

There's not a chance in hell Dundee fans would accept Tommy Wright.

Undoubtedly a talented manager but if Hartley's 'style' is going to get labelled as boring, they'd love Wright's.

Relegation is a possibility for 2/3 of this league every season, that's a fact. The like of TW, who has undoubtedly done well, joined a club with a really well established infrastructure around him, owners who clearly know what they're doing. It's all getting built at Dens. Not all Hartley's signings have worked but 3 players have just left us, I hesitate to say to go to 'bigger' clubs, but they are certainly earning considerably more money. When was the last time that happened? The managers of these teams must think PH is doing something right. This is no time to be wetting your knickers ffs.

Any calls for PH to go now make no sense. Looking at the fixtures to go before the first round is complete they look a considerably taller order than the ones we've had so far, so the reality of where we are would be reasonable to judge after that. We're probably more suited to playing away, and if that proves to be the case it should show in the ones coming up. If not then it might be time to look out the tena pants.

9 hours ago, srw said:

I actually dont, but I do feel quite touched that youre thinking of me.

I dont read any other forums, so dont know what is going on elsewhere, the people I attend Dens with all back Hartley, and think he is doing a decent/good job.

I wish Hartley was a success, I wish we progressed under him, and will admit that losing Harkins, Hemmings and Stewart was always going to be difficult, but the writings on the wall for him IMO. 2 points from 4 home games, including playing the two weakest sides from last season just isnt good enough. The next 4 games will be hard going, I cant see any wins there.

If by "the writing's on the wall" you mean he'll be out on his arse shortly then I think you're wrong. We've only lost to Rangers who probably have about 10 times our budget and Aberdeen who have had a hex over us for as long as I can remember. The c***s. 

As far as a plan b is concerned I can't really comment on this season as I've not seen enough of them but Hartley's not been afraid to change things in the past. Yes, draws are shite but it's not as if we lost Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings at the end of last season and had a full summer to put a squad together and get them to gel. 

You said the two home draws aren't good enough while conveniently failing to mention the cracking result away at County.

Stop being so negative ffs. Boys like you at Dens do my tits in.