All things Dundee FC

I think McGowan is a dick BUT, I always thought he was a good player. Could it be a case of he has nobody with quality around him to share the workload rather than carry a mediocre midfield?

It's starting to remind me of the fag end of Bomber's reign, where it looked like they must have trained with the "strikers" on the other side of a small river and just punted the ball over to them whenever they got it.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I use to like him, however these days he goes nuts and blames everyone else for his mistakes.Some games it looks like he just can't be fucked. For me its time for him to move on but it wont happen. So yeah it looks like we will have to build around him

The last time we had a player with an attitude like that i can remember was Steve Fulton..

Still though, as an opposition fan, McGowan, O'Dee (and to a much less extent this season, Bain) are the 3 names I personally watch out for when we play you

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bain ( aslong as his attitude has changed and still wants to play for us), ODea, Gadz, Holt and Kerr i have no issues with. Quite like Vincent the last wee while and also like Wighton but he could do with having a rest, Haber needs to get used correctly. The rest of the starting 11 i wouldnt miss if they got released.

I have to disagree, Holt and Vincent are average players in a poor group, they are not premier league level.

If we are going to progress we need to be realistic, Bain, Kerr, O Dea and the prospect of what Wighton could be are the only players I would keep.

I have to disagree, Holt and Vincent are average players in a poor group, they are not premier league level.
If we are going to progress we need to be realistic, Bain, Kerr, O Dea and the prospect of what Wighton could be are the only players I would keep.

I like Vincent, and Holt will be a very good player in a couple of years time. He's only just turned 24 and look at how much he has come on already since last year. Once he learns when to tackle and when to stand off he will be a top left back at this level imo. He's not far away at all.

Just don't see what other people see in Wighton, he's championship standard at best. Is love to see him succeed for us but he's just not good enough.

What is that the the Red Lady says 'the night is darkest before the dawn' ? We Stay up this year and our future is bright. We already have 2 young home grown players in our first 11 and in O'Hara and Holt (less so) we have a couple of other talented youngsters.

"You can't win anything with Kids" though, so hence the recruitment of some seasoned pros from our nearest rivals. The 2 signings from Inverness may not be going down well, but look at where Inverness are now. Coincidence ? Probably, but weakening a potential rival is always a good strategy. If there are no funds at the moment for new players, then hopefully we can sign someone from ICT/Kilmarnock/Hamilton on a pre contract - it costs us nothing now and will increase our odds of staying up. Very surpised actually that none of our rivals have done the same to us - really like Gadz.

As for Hartly, he has to be judged on whatever goals he was set at the start of the season. Minus points for the bad cup form, but the value of Kerr must have increased and Wighton is progressing. El Bak is a work in progress and we won't see the best of him until next year.  I would stick with the manager and keep him for another year at least. 

Hopefully someone will get the Dundee - Amsterdam route sorted out before the end of the season...think relegation won't be sorted out until the very last weekend and we are likely to be involved. 

Edited by mychurch

Bain ( aslong as his attitude has changed and still wants to play for us), ODea, Gadz, Holt and Kerr i have no issues with. Quite like Vincent the last wee while and also like Wighton but he could do with having a rest, Haber needs to get used correctly. The rest of the starting 11 i wouldnt miss if they got released.

Pretty much this. The dishing out of long (in our terms) contracts to at best mediocre players has also driven me bonkers.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I don't think Holt was worth a transfer fee.  Not nearly fast enough to deal with quick wingers.

Given that Wighton and Kerr came through the youth set up that doesn't leave very many successes from the numerous signings Hartley has made.  There are players at the club that owe Hartley big time.  Time some of them stepped up to the mark!

Keep him :-)

Bit harsh imo. Not really seen enough of him to make an opinion. Hopefully it's true and we can send him out to get a consistent run of games to see what he can do.

Puts himself about well and i think he can do a good job in the lower leagues. On my phone so can't see what team the OP supports.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Bit harsh imo. Not really seen enough of him to make an opinion. Hopefully it's true and we can send him out to get a consistent run of games to see what he can do.

Puts himself about well and i think he can do a good job in the lower leagues. On my phone so can't see what team the OP supports.

Ayr.

Pretty selfish of Vincent to f**k off last night, and leave us in the lurch. IMO.8)

Players should only be allowed to shag their wife's in the second half of August and September. When they need their hole at other times that's what places like liquid are for. It's a disgrace.

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Rory Loy just scored

Yep, thats another Hartley f**k-up IMO. Could it not have worked with Loy playing off Haber? He's more experienced than Wighton, and it would also allow Wighton to get a rest.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again