All things Dundee FC

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here, it really isn't that hard. Many of us know each other and are more than happy to chuck in a few quid together to sponsor an ultimately pointless tshirt (that will only ever appear in a cheaply printed programme that almost no-one will ever read). I've been part of sponsoring another two shirts this year; unless you're on the poverty line, £25 is hardly the end of the world either way. 
What I'm trying to say is that we're all loaded and have utter indifference towards situations of even minimal financial strain.
Eta; also pretty sure Deefiant contributed money to the previous years sponsorship, so it's even more annoying.
Now f**k off. Thank you.

I'm struggling with nothing, you certainly seem uptight about the situation though.

If you're going to try and pass it off that you're "loaded" and that "utter indifference towards situations" I'd suggest going for a more passive posting style.

You're welcome.

49 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think the one on the other forum is the way to go tbh. There is some protection in place with the system that the administrator has set up.

I remember the months of speculation that I had stolen Jim McAlister's shirt and fled the country!

If your talking about the dark blues then I did give that a go. It was an improvement on dundee mad which I'd given up on but it didn't take long before I realised I just can't deal with one team forums. They seem to full of fucking idiots.

@Deefiant logged back in a couple of months ago to apologise for being a c**t as he'd had "personal problems" and said he'd get it sorted for next season and pretty sure he'd offered refunds as well. I'm getting more pissed off the more I think about it and would appreciate my refund quick style. 

I just had a peek on his Facebook page and he's recently changed his picture on it so it's not as if he's stuck in some desert without internet access.

Moving back to football for a moment - Neil McCann and more interestingly Scott Bain were interviewed for DeeTV previewing the Motherwell game.
Was keen to see how Bain came across. I get the impression he's relieved Hartley has gone and suggested a lot of players who he'd phased out were happy to be back in contention.
One journalist asked if, bearing in mind Bain had worked under Hartley for years under Alloa as well, if he'd found it difficult learning of his sacking. The jist of the answer was; no. Said he welcomed a fresh approach and change was needed. Didn't even go as far as acknowledging any good Hartley had done for him in his career, which may seem harsh but could also be telling as to how the manager was viewed by certain players.
Who knows, we might even be able to tempt him to stay now?

Bet he couldn't believe his luck when a fucking Thistle fan passed over some moolah too. Why on earth would you contribute to a player sponsorship for another team's player? [emoji38] 

Because he's absolutely desperate for mates.

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm struggling with nothing, you certainly seem uptight about the situation though.

If you're going to try and pass it off that you're "loaded" and that "utter indifference towards situations" I'd suggest going for a more passive posting style.

You're welcome.

If you'd lay off the valium, you'd realise my post wasn't entirely serious.

Thank you.

Moving back to football for a moment - Neil McCann and more interestingly Scott Bain were interviewed for DeeTV previewing the Motherwell game.
Was keen to see how Bain came across. I get the impression he's relieved Hartley has gone and suggested a lot of players who he'd phased out were happy to be back in contention.
One journalist asked if, bearing in mind Bain had worked under Hartley for years under Alloa as well, if he'd found it difficult learning of his sacking. The jist of the answer was; no. Said he welcomed a fresh approach and change was needed. Didn't even go as far as acknowledging any good Hartley had done for him in his career, which may seem harsh but could also be telling as to how the manager was viewed by certain players.
Who knows, we might even be able to tempt him to stay now?

Hopefully not. Cash will serve a better purpose.

Hopefully not. Cash will serve a better purpose.

Maybe if he'd been playing as he had in his first season then yeah. I can't see us getting much at all for him after his decline.
5 clean sheets would be a nice send off but in truth I'd be hoping new management will freshen things up for him enough to stay and get back to his best - at which point we should punt him.
Just feel like his value has depreciated too much to sell him now.

Of course this is all wildly optimistic!

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Maybe if he'd been playing as he had in his first season then yeah. I can't see us getting much at all for him after his decline.
5 clean sheets would be a nice send off but in truth I'd be hoping new management will freshen things up for him enough to stay and get back to his best - at which point we should punt him.
Just feel like his value has depreciated too much to sell him now.

Of course this is all wildly optimistic!

Who's going to pay anything for a clanger filled goalkeeper with an attitude problem?

Who's going to pay anything for a clanger filled goalkeeper with an attitude problem?

This. Absolutely nobody and I've said it for a while now. If the reported figures for Hemming and Stewart of £250k and £500k respectively are true (which I assume they are) then going by that we would be lucky to get £50k for him. He'll go somewhere and earn a wage sitting on the bench for the rest of his career, and IMO this would be ideal for him. Sad but true. Massive talent which he seems to be wasting.

9 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

No one. Which is why I suggested holding on to him instead to let him regain his form.

If you don't sell him this summer, he'll walk away for free next year. He's already said he's got no plans to renew.

22 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

This. Absolutely nobody and I've said it for a while now. If the reported figures for Hemming and Stewart of £250k and £500k respectively are true (which I assume they are) then going by that we would be lucky to get £50k for him. He'll go somewhere and earn a wage sitting on the bench for the rest of his career, and IMO this would be ideal for him. Sad but true. Massive talent which he seems to be wasting.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If you don't sell him this summer, he'll walk away for free next year. He's already said he's got no plans to renew.

I'd also chuck in that, for whatever reason, goalkeepers seem harder to get any sort of decent fee for regardless. We weren't able to shift Randolph and eventually lost him to Birmingham on a free. McGovern left Accies for Norwich on a free. The only keeper I can think of who's moved from Scotland for a decent fee recently would be Forster (unless there's someone glaringly obvious I've overlooked).