Jack the Ripper - Case closed?

Hillonearth

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to The London Dungeons in July with my missus. There's a part on the walk about Jack The Ripper. When we got back we were watching a programme about The Yorkshire Ripper. A picture of Sutcliffe came up and my missus went "There he is, he must have got out the Dungeons *laugh*" I humoured her for a while before Ripping the pish out of her mistake. I just showed her the picture from the article and asked her who that was, to which she replied "Abraham Lincoln?" F*ck me! She has a degree, the systems flawed!

I was always under the impression that this shit was from the 16/1700s, but was actually as recent as 1888? The f**k...

You'll have never seen the police picture of victim Mary Kelly then. The guy must have been a complete psycho to do that to someone.

Just me astounded its taken this long considering he was a main suspect and the killing stopped once he went into the mental hospital?

Just me astounded its taken this long considering he was a main suspect and the killing stopped once he went into the mental hospital?

Coppers couldn't find a dead kid rolled up in a carpet in her own house or a dead woman hidden in a roundabout in Dundee city centre.

Apparently the killings stopped 3 years before he was committed and he wasn't locked up for being violent - I read 'a fondness for masturbation' which I imagine would have a few on here committed.

Seems a lot more convincing than the suggestions it was some famous or high-profile Victorian but I don't think that this evidence is damning. Will shift a few books though!

So you had known all along eh? Did you not think it would have been useful to tell them?

Archived