Debate Tonight

SuperCaleyGoBallistic

I expect you will apply the same interest in the UK debt figures then. The OBR can't predict them 6 months in advance.

Do you are agree with me then that you can't take a deficit in forecasting in 2013/2014 and extrapolate it to 2018?

Since DeeTillEhDeh has conveniently decided to ignore the woeful forecasting from the UK for the second time whilst attempting to not only redicule the SG's figures but take the numbers and mis-represent them. I will repost the same point that I made the last time and let us see it being ignored again.

So even taking the worst scenario, Scotland would have to borrow 6.5bln on £140bln GDP which equates to 4.64%. The UK has borrowed more than this in every year since 2008.

The OBR (you know those people that you keep using for oil forecasts) in 2010 predicted that the UK would borrow £60bln in the last financial year. They were only out by 80% as it was £108bln. It also forecast that borrowing for the current year would be £37bln and it is projected to be £95bln again only out by £58bln.

If ever there were a case of Jam tomorrow, it is the UK official projections.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived