Debate Tonight

SuperCaleyGoBallistic

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£2.5 billion is planned to be borrowed in 2018/19.

The additonal £4 billion is how far out the Scottish Government were in estimating oil revenue for 2013/14 - that's based on the SG's own published figures.

So let me get this clear in my head. The scottish government were out on their 2013/14 predictions and therefore this can just be added onto 2018/19 planned borrowing?

I thought you said that you studied economics, if you did then instead of posting these numbers you would also explain why they are wholly misleading.

Ruth Davidson looks like a dwarf with gigantism. Would love to see her and Sturgeon have a square go though

I have to say, the bantz on the forum the last few days has been excellent. Had numerous proper laugh out louds.

Not sure when but I'm sure the prime minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Right Honourable David Cameron, Eton, Oxon, MP for Witney (Con) will be there

Cameron's going to turn up at the no party should the vote be a no on the 19th dressed up in his withe shellsuit , Burberry cap and break his bucpkfast virginity and get swedgered oot his tits and make a video just stating "haw salmond , roon yae" .

Cameron's going to turn up at the no party should the vote be a no on the 19th dressed up in his withe shellsuit , Burberry cap and break his bucpkfast virginity and get swedgered oot his tits and make a video just stating "haw salmond , roon yae" .

I would love to hear Cameron saying the words "haw Salmond, roon yae". When he spoke about "effing Tories" the other night it sounded really false.

Car crash viewing last night. Two women shouting over each other and a deranged auld jaikie in a battered hat talking pish. Mr Green came over quite well and whilst his jibe to Galloway about his rape / bad sexual etiquette comment was misplaced, at least it reminded people what a repulsive tosser he can be.

Car crash viewing last night. Two women shouting over each other and a deranged auld jaikie in a battered hat talking pish. Mr Green came over quite well and whilst his jibe to Galloway about his rape / bad sexual etiquette comment was misplaced, at least it reminded people what a repulsive tosser he can be.

I agree with that, but I've heard from people who were there that the sound on TV was doctored so that boos for "No" were transformed to applause, and applause for "Yes" was quietened.

Harvie's comment about Galloway was a bit below the belt but it's important to remember that it was said in front of an audience who may not have known much, if anything, about him.

I agree with that, but I've heard from people who were there that the sound on TV was doctored so that boos for "No" were transformed to applause, and applause for "Yes" was quietened.

Harvie's comment about Galloway was a bit below the belt but it's important to remember that it was said in front of an audience who may not have known much, if anything, about him.

Don't agree. His position on rape is not compatible with our values and that is even before you bring up some of his other innexcusable behaviour.

ETA: His attempt to turn this into an attack on Harvie was the only rebuttal he could offer, he certainly couldn't deny that he said it. Meow.

Don't know the timings thanks to the EBC editor but perhaps Galloway's likening the SNP to the Nazi party had set the tempo. Clearly, judging by George's reaction and a ponderous moment just after when the wide camera caught him looking distracted it's clearly a big skeleton in his cupboard.

Sad b*****d shouldn't have been there anyway. Any Labour supporter that rolled out a pub last night could have done better.

I don't think in a debate which was supposed to be informative a personal attack was entirely appropriate, but I feel it was important that the audience were alerted to the nature of oor George. What I'm arguing was that it could've been done in a more subtle nature.

Aye, Harvie could have said "One of the panel members who is wearing a stupid hat is a rapist apologist, but I'm not going to say who it is".

The word 'hijacked' says it all. And of course the YES badge directly below the negative banner implying this'll be the quality of a future independent Scotland. The real story of course is by trivialising the event it will reinforce to some more DKs how ignorant people in the South-East are about Scottish matters.

So let me get this clear in my head. The scottish government were out on their 2013/14 predictions and therefore this can just be added onto 2018/19 planned borrowing?

I thought you said that you studied economics, if you did then instead of posting these numbers you would also explain why they are wholly misleading.

The point is though if they can't be trusted to accurately predict oil revenues one year in advance how the hell can they be trusted to predict them 5 years in advance?

Banking on oil revenues using the most optimistic of predictions is a mug's game. If we were independent, and the SG sticks to its spending pledges, I fully expect there to be a tax rise. That's not scaremongering but a realistic consequence of a policy aimed at correcting disparities between the rich and poor. It's also something I'd fully support.

The point is though if they can't be trusted to accurately predict oil revenues one year in advance how the hell can they be trusted to predict them 5 years in advance?

Banking on oil revenues using the most optimistic of predictions is mug's game. If we were independent, and the SG sticks to its spending pledges, I fully expect there to be a tax rise. That's not scaremongering but a realistic consequence of a policy aimed at correcting disparities between the rich and poor. It's also something I'd fully support.

I expect you will apply the same interest in the UK debt figures then. The OBR can't predict them 6 months in advance.

Do you are agree with me then that you can't take a deficit in forecasting in 2013/2014 and extrapolate it to 2018?

So it's Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvie against Ruth Davidson and George Galloway. Good to see Harvie on TV again, the guy is one of the yes campaign's biggest assets. I feel a little bit sorry for Davidson (and I don't say that often), cant be easy having to share a platform with a scumbag like Galloway.

How do we see this one going?

i watched it last night and the separatists got blooootered by galloway and ruthie

i watched it last night and the separatists got blooootered by galloway and ruthie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know it's on another thread but I laughed so hard at this last night it's worthy of an inclusion on this thread too. I don't think BT actually exists anymore since Bomber Brown's regurgitation of a previous Labour manifesto in his 'breaking news' it's been all about each of the English-led parties looking after their own rabble.Still, it's funny by any measure.

Banking on oil revenues using the most optimistic of predictions is a mug's game. If we were independent, and the SG sticks to its spending pledges, I fully expect there to be a tax rise. That's not scaremongering but a realistic consequence of a policy aimed at correcting disparities between the rich and poor. It's also something I'd fully support.

Change the fucking record, eh?

Archived