Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - 19/09/14

As above should have gone in at least a couple up at half time. St Mirren were truly gash.

They improved in the second half and I don't think we managed a shot on target.

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's was a fucking brilliant end to the game! Terrible first half from a saints point of view but much improved in the second half. Hopefully we can kick on and start picking up points.

From where u was sitting it seem we took a decent support. Can any jags fans clarify?

Osbourne is the signing of the season for st.mirren, absolute fucking solid.

St.mirren should really be beating teams like Partick so I won't get too excited but it's the least we deserved, Mcleans free kick was ronaldo style.

Well that's was a fucking brilliant end to the game! Terrible first half from a saints point of view but much improved in the second half. Hopefully we can kick on and start picking up points.

From where u was sitting it seem we took a decent support. Can any jags fans clarify?

810 according to BT sports.

800 odd according to BT Sport.

Muirhead is nowhere near good enough, not that Balatoni was much better tonight.

Should've buried it in the 1st half but didn't. Shock.

Stonewall penalty and probably deserved win for St. Mirren.

We really need to get a grip of ourselves. Stevenson should be starting on the bench for the time being, bar a few decent touches here and there he looks miles off the pace.

Pish.

The players that were snatching defeat from the jaws of victory last season are repeating the feat this season, I'd go so far as in January shipping out Muirhead and/or balatoni and getting another cb in, it's an improvement when seaborne plays on last yr but he already is showing to be injury prone and aero and conrad as a pairing have now had more than enough chances to site they can play as a pair at this level and consistently failed to do so

That was pish.

Thistle.jpg

Historic bitches indeed...

:lol:

When did we last lose at your place? When did you last finish above us?

You belong below St Mirren. Accept it, move on.

5 matches ago. Last time you beat us at your ground was 4 matches ago.

Can't be arsed checking but we've had a poor decade. I thought when you said historic you meant a bit further back than 10 years ago.

Dates please.

Poor decade? Your decade has been the standard Partick Thistle decade.

Just as well WAT appears to be down tonight. Muirhead and Balatoni just won't do. A great pairing in the championship, but way out their depth at this

level. Bombscare city with the both of them. Archie either gets Richards Everton back or he will need to get an out of contract body in because if Danny is out we are gonna suffer big time at the back. Definite penalty and St Mirren deserved it on their 2nd half display where we played like the whole team had a virus. No energy, no bite, no nothing. Totally bizarre after dominating the first half and a massive opportunity lost to open up a huge gap at the bottom. And just to calm things down for a few Midden trolls on here tonight, just to remind you we are 4 POINTS clear of you despite tonight's defeat and your next two league games are Celtic and Aberdeen.

I'd like to find my good friend that shot me down after the Hamilton game....

Muirhead a bit shakey but a few important blocks and some excellent diagonals.. Balatoni unaware of who was around him for first goal and gave away freekick for 2nd goal... Terrible distribution and a trusty old fresh air. When they hell is this boy gonna get dropped so he knows it's not good enough? I'm not sayin he isn't! I'm just saying his form isn't and he needs to earn the rite to play I think. Thats 6 points he's cost us this season... Hamilton and St mirren.

That was a pleasant surprise. I think we've played better than that this season and Thistle will feel hard done by not to get a draw but fair play to the team for responding well in the second half. I still think wee Tam doesn't have a clue what century it is and hope he leaves ASAP (he was praising John McGinn for his cross for the first goal :1eye) but at least we have 3 points on the board now.

I've been banging on about how Ball is easily the best player out of the three new strikers so good to see the big man have such an influential appearance off the bench. He links up play well and is starting to look much fitter now, and at only 21 he has plenty of time to improve if he gets a good run in the first team. I hope he gets a start on Tuesday.

I thought Goodwin was great tonight considering he was playing centre back, he got two Thistle players booked and actually had a couple of great attacking runs to get the momentum going in the second half. If only his free kick had gone in. :(

Willie Collum is a pedantic roaster, it seemed to go in our favour though when Ball was winning foul after foul in Thistle's half. I had a pillar in my way for the penalty incident so I'll need to watch the highlights to judge it.

I think that injury-time winner was just the pick-me-up a lot of us needed after you know what yesterday.

I'd like to find my good friend that shot me down after the Hamilton game....

Muirhead a bit shakey but a few important blocks and some excellent diagonals.. Balatoni unaware of who was around him for first goal and gave away freekick for 2nd goal... Terrible distribution and a trusty old fresh air. When they hell is this boy gonna get dropped so he knows it's not good enough? I'm not sayin he isn't! I'm just saying his form isn't and he needs to earn the rite to play I think. Thats 6 points he's cost us this season... Hamilton and St mirren.

Balatoni was dreadful tonight, but Muirhead wasn't far behind. These two guys were awesome in the Championship winning side, but I think they have now proved that they definitely cannot play together again at this level. It's one or the other with Danny or A N Other

Archived