Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So cheating through multiple fouls is ’cleverer'...? I'd say they were tougher and streetwise but also cheated their way through the first half, providing the basis for the win. That's not to say we weren't poor though.

Call it what you like trippy, I tend to agree that its cheating but its become an accepted part of the game and ALL teams do it, they were just better at it than we were. You might as well complain that substitutes are used for tactical reasons instead of just in case a player gets injured. The games evolves, sometimes its a good thing, sometimes not.

Gibby82, on 21 Sept 2014 - 18:08, said:

Minterectomy needed for the Derry boys singing Stevie May's name.

The single bed sheet spread that United had and attempted to pass round the stand was just as bad tbh. Couldn't even read what was on it, it was that small. How many rows did it span? 5?

Maybe the lack of protestations from Tam was due to being completely flabbergasted that a penalty had been given. I dunno myself I've not seen any TV footage of the incident. I thought it was a dive. When I bring myself to do so I'll post my thoughts. You've obviously had that benefit, unless you were wearing handsfree binoculars for today's game.

How would you feel had the incident happened the other way round?

It's a penalty, clear as day, for me no matter what teams are involved. At best you could argue that the defender stood his ground and GMS ran into him, but there is absolutely no doubt the contact takes GMS down.

Saying he dived is just laughable, as is the suggestion that Konrad was flabbergasted at the decision. Look at the replay - he knows its a penalty!

What game were you at? Did you notice the amount of fouling? Do you understand the effect that has on the game? Why did the ref speak to McNamara about it?

The ref spoke to McNamara just after Erskine had been taken out right on the edge of your box when heading straight for goal and no free kick was given so I'm assuming he was nipping the 4th officials ear about that.

What game were you at? Did you notice the amount of fouling? Do you understand the effect that has on the game? Why did the ref speak to McNamara about it?

Yes the amount of fouling really changed our cutting edge. We had none. It would be good if you never posted but I'd suggest tonight is one you should step away from the keyboard as you'll just minter all over the shop.

Stop shouting about 'cheating' it was a foul - it was a pen. United played us like fiddles - or we at least played into their hands today.

Overall, try posting with some grace. You sound about 13 years old. If you are then fair play.

Hold on a second.

You think, and let me just understand this correctly, that the referee went over to McNamara, to complain about all the fouls United players were making?!

jvcedu.jpg

It's a penalty, clear as day, for me no matter what teams are involved. At best you could argue that the defender stood his ground and GMS ran into him, but there is absolutely no doubt the contact takes GMS down.

Saying he dived is just laughable, as is the suggestion that Konrad was flabbergasted at the decision. Look at the replay - he knows its a penalty!

As I first stated I haven't had the pleasure yet, of viewing it on TV. Rest assured when I have done so I'll get back to you.

Am I reading that the ref wearing a stupid colour shirt cost Dundee the game today?

Surely their objective is to keep the ball from an orange shirt, ours is to pass to one in orange, therefore its a hindrance to United, not Dundee?

Dundee were shite today, the score flattered them, we should have had another penalty and we squandered other decent chances.

I've read comments like "our keeper never had a save to make" ffs, if he made three saves you might have got a draw!

Disappointed in United today, should have been 0-6.

Utd did give away alot of fouls in the first half in particular, but the only side to benefit from that was Dundee as it gave them countless opportunities to get men up and launch it into our box. To suggest it was some kind of intentional tactic is just silly - I was convinced we were about to concede any minute at that stage.

Ando, on 21 Sept 2014 - 18:26, said:

Am I reading that the ref wearing a stupid colour shirt cost Dundee the game today?

Surely their objective is to keep the ball from an orange shirt, ours is to pass to one in orange, therefore its a hindrance to United, not Dundee?

Dundee were shite today, the score flattered them, we should have had another penalty and we squandered other decent chances.

I've read comments like "our keeper never had a save to make" ffs, if he made three saves you might have got a draw!

Who has said that other than Tripcode?

If that comment was for my post, I was sympathising with those in dayglo. There were a couple times I thought a DAB was trying to pass it to the linesman.

Except the clatter of emptying BNBs seats when our 4th goes in.

I love that sound :thumsup2

Hoping to see a re-run of the most effective and professional fire drill in the world from those in the Derry.

and sight :thumsup2

Our final ball was brutal at times and still a pumping.

No Ciftci or a fully fit Dow/Armstrong. Wednesday should be fun.

TAP OH THE LEAGUE!!!!!

and Dillon at LB, however don't get complacent about Wednesday, football is funny like that

Was expecting better from Dundee than that, fucking hell they were woeful. Can't remember them creating a single chance all game apart from the right wingers volley and super Gary Harkins effort when it was already 3/4-0. Wighton and the number 23 looked bright when they came on so I'll be surprised if they dont start Wednesday wich will be a much tougher game. although I'm confident we'll also be better with Armstrong hopefully starting and Ciftci back.

We actually could have repeated the Massacre of '65, tinge of disappointment we didn't and then gave them goal at the death which in the end flattered them i felt, we had good chances and situations at 3-0 and 4-0 we could have done better in, still very positive and professional again on the road, also felt the ref pen aside gave them most 50/50's throughout the match but we were guilty of giving away too many needless fouls around the box, must improve on that, still good display overall

Did think the key against them was not allowing them the first goal, that will be the same on Wednesday, we also now have a selection headache in the attacking four aswell for the cup game with Ciftci available and Armstrong probably able to start

Did Dundee fans really start chanting Stevie Mays name during this? :lol:

Aye :lol: , the reaction was bewilderment and laughter in our end followed by a chorus of "we won the league at Dens fly the flag" and "41YYWFA"

Their GMS seethe was more comical viewing though 8)

Aye :lol: , the reaction was bewilderment and laughter in our end followed by a chorus of "we won the league at Dens fly the flag" and "41YYWFA"

Surely, surely there must have been a Saints fan in the Dundee support who started it as a joke and somehow the Dundee fans have decided it was a good idea to join in.

WendyWho, I'm looking at you

Archived