Dundee vs Dundee Utd - 21/09/14

No definitely not cleverer... simply cheats. You could say streetwise and that Dundee were naive but they definitely established themselves by fouling, until they were a few goals up from defensive mistakes. They're an average side who took their chances when given to them.

With KT and WD back we will tighten up and progress.

Ooft. Minter.

Don't think any reasonable Dundee fan thinks that. We looked pedestrian and never got going. Looked comfy on the ball at times but rarely threatened.

Worryingly our team seemed to give up at 2-0.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he is our cup goalkeeper so I suppose we may see him.

As for the game, that is a genuinely much worse performance than the Derbies where we were pumped last time we were up. Last time round we were absolutely gash but tried our best, this time there was a distinct lack of effort on show from players who have shown they have the ability. Gutless.

McAlister caught doing the same thing for the penalty and their 2nd goal. Farcical.

This combined with the referendum result combined with the prospect that it could be another pumping on Wednesday could lead to happy people having suicidal thoughts. Absolutely dreadful.

McGowan fekked up at the second - far too slow in releasing the ball and when he did fired like a bullet at McAllister.

Steven McLean tried his best to wear a United shirt today. Not because he was bias, but because that was literally what he done with the light red colour he was wearing. Few times I thought United had an extra man in space but it was just him sauntering about.

His necessity to slow everything down annoyed me too. Particularly when he went to speak to McNamara and casually strolled all the way across the pitch just to speak to him. He had an absolute shocker today, there was one point in the first half where Konrad could have received his second yellow and there was a few other points where either side got a free-kick for absolutely nothing.

Peel spouting the biggest load of shite I've read so far.

Despite playing st Johnstone off the park on Saturday, completely dictating the tempo and limiting then to precisely 0 shots on target Dundee are not a football team.

You seem to think that you are not a football team unless you pass a team off the park and score loads of goals? There are a few other elements involved unfortunately. For example defending, tactics, set pieces , controlling the tempo, pressing the ball. These are all elements Dundee are excelling in at the moment. That's how Celtic were unable to wallop 6 past us unlike the football playing total football martyrs from tannadice.

Dundees central midfielders are all better passers of the ball than United's central midfield which So far this season could best be described as workmanlike. Paton and Rankin are not the flair players you seem to think you have and erskine isnt exactly a creative genius. Contrast that with ferry, Thomson, Harkins and McGowan abd it's clear who the more technical players are even to your tangerines tinted eyes.

We match that creativity with organisation and tactical awareness as well as a willingness to work hard.

That is a footballing side and fir you to try and pass judgement based on highlights and hearsay is typical of the recent arrogant mentality utd fans have towards Dundee.

Saturday could go either way and will be a tight affair but you will see a footballing side in dark blue whatever the result.

Still laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

DeeTillEhDeh, on 21 Sept 2014 - 16:27, said:

McGowan fekked up at the second - far too slow in releasing the ball and when he did fired like a bullet at McAllister.

McAlister was caught with his back to goal and not checking what was around him far too many times. Agree that McGowan's pass was shocking though. His passing throughout was off and he wasn't like his usual terrier self harrying opponents either.

The Arabs were seething at it though. Absolutely biyling.

I can believe it, still utterly tragic you've nothing else to wind them up with apart from the name of a player who's never played for your club, would be even worse if you'd started signing about the Scottish Cup aswell.

Pleased with that, thought it would have been closer.

We looked far more dangerous on the attack than they did, and were pretty clinical. Rado had little to do really, until the shot he nearly made a mess of at the end, and the goal which was a great strike.

Thought Watson and Dillon were superb, good to see Armstrong back, and Smith and Spittal doing well. Morris seemed to enjoy his goal, and was solid at the back too.

For them, nobody really stood out above the rest, although Wighton was decent when he came on despite looking like Willo Flood's lesser-fed wee brother. Tankulic is gash, and how James McPake is still a top division player is beyond me. Konrad was ok, but the sending off was fair enough.

Dundee just seemed to miss something today - I don't know what it was, and I hope they don't find it before the Cup game!

As an aside, I listened to the radio commentary for the 1st half, before getting home to the wonders of Sky+. I used to think Willie Miller hated everyone equally, but obviously our win at Pittodrie has put us slightly higher on his list of enemies than our neighbours!

ArabFC, on 21 Sept 2014 - 17:00, said:

Does the fact that there was very clear contact, and the fact also that Konrad didn't argue at all not give you a little inclination that even he knew it was a foul?!

How that is a dive is beyond me.

Seen it since back on Sky and in no way was it a foul from Konrad from me. The minimal amount of contact that there was doesn't cause you to fall the way he did, it wasn't like he was off balance. I'll accept that it may have not been an intentional dive, but it still isn't a penalty for me.

Bloody hell, first the referendum, now this Dens Park debacle, and to top it all I was almost killed by a geriatric imbecile trying to drive a motor car, on my way home from the match. :1eye

Few pointers from today..........

1. No complaints, better team won.

2. GMS is a cheating feminine-faced diver.

3. Get Wighton and Boyle on from the start on Wed.

Does the fact that there was very clear contact, and the fact also that Konrad didn't argue at all not give you a little inclination that even he knew it was a foul?!

How that is a dive is beyond me.

No way in a million years is it a penalty. He's a wee diving p***k. If we'd been awarded a penalty for that I'd have been embarrassed.

Personally I blame Vincent Tan for the defeat.

Archived