Final Yes/No Percentage

John Lambies Doos

60/40 for yes - reasonable prediction.

60/40 for no - must be trolling or on drugs.

:lol:

I've said all along I think the polls are doing yes a massive favour. A pollster on Behind the Numbers pod said they hadn't done a form of weighting regarding people saying they're voting for something 'patriotic' but actually vote for something else. They did do that weighting for the Tories in the 90's when voting for them was seen as voting for something unpatriotic, and got more accurate results. Have a listen he explains it far better than me.

I think there will be a lot of people who've been saying they will vote yes or are undecided but will actually vote no. I think there will be next to no people who say they're voting no but actually vote yes.

Could be wrong, just a hunch I've got. We will see, it's just a prediction afterall, no need for you all to get so wound up by it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60/40 for yes - reasonable prediction.

60/40 for no - must be trolling or on drugs.

:lol:

I've said all along I think the polls are doing yes a massive favour. A pollster on Behind the Numbers pod said they hadn't done a form of weighting regarding people saying they're voting for something 'patriotic' but actually vote for something else. They did do that weighting for the Tories in the 90's when voting for them was seen as voting for something unpatriotic, and got more accurate results. Have a listen he explains it far better than me.

I think there will be a lot of people who've been saying they will vote yes or are undecided but will actually vote no. I think there will be next to no people who say they're voting no but actually vote yes.

Could be wrong, just a hunch I've got. We will see, it's just a prediction afterall, no need for you all to get so wound up by it.

60/40 for Yes is unrealistic, imo. I'd go for 55/45.

I have my own theory about the polls being unrepresentative. A huge swathe of people from a certain demographic (call it working class/ council estate whatever you like) have been energised and mobilised by the fantastic Yes grassroots movement. Huge numbers from these areas have registered to vote for the first time ever, I would suggest for Yes.

And this demographic won't be touched by any polling company due to the fact that people who have never been motivated to vote certainly won't be on a pollster's panel.

Course, I could be wrong as well, but it's just a hunch I have that any Yes result in a poll is under representing the true figure.

It's a bit of reverse reverse psychology from Lex. If he posts a wacky prediction of the final result it'll look like he doesn't give a hoot, when he's quietly crying inside.

I can assure you if it's a YES I will be more than quietly crying inside. I will be absolutely gutted/devastated/seething etc etc.

I can assure you if it's a YES I will be more than quietly crying inside. I will be absolutely gutted/devastated/seething etc etc.

Vice versa for me, flower. But we'll both be here on Friday, regardless of the result. x

60/40 for Yes is unrealistic, imo. I'd go for 55/45.

I have my own theory about the polls being unrepresentative. A huge swathe of people from a certain demographic (call it working class/ council estate whatever you like) have been energised and mobilised by the fantastic Yes grassroots movement. Huge numbers from these areas have registered to vote for the first time ever, I would suggest for Yes.

And this demographic won't be touched by any polling company due to the fact that people who have never been motivated to vote certainly won't be on a pollster's panel.

Course, I could be wrong as well, but it's just a hunch I have that any Yes result in a poll is under representing the true figure.

Spot on. That and the fact that a lot of social democrats have finally woke up to the fact that there's another option for Scotland. We're fortunate (I wouldn't call it lucky as that would belittle all those who've worked for this day to come) that we are not tied to the 3 party system. The shambles they've made of events over the last few days shows yet again how utterly incompetent they are.

Don't really care what the final stats are as long as we are one more than the other. For the record though, I think we'll stonk it.

The Yes declaration may have 1.3 million signatures, but that doesn't mean 1.3 million eligible voters signed it. Some people may have done it twice, and some people from outside the country might have signed it.

Repeat signatories are removed and it is checked against the electoral register. Those not on the register can sign it but they are not added to the figures

I didn't realise that, and it's very impressive if true. Those 1.3 million people would obviously be a big chunk of what's needed for Yes to win.

Just double checked there incase I was imagining seeing that!

" Please note we will remove any multiple entries and that only people on the electoral register in Scotland will be counted towards our target of 1 million signatures. However, if you do not live in Scotland you are very welcome to show your support by signing even if it does not count towards that total."

Archived