So what do we sing at international sporting events now?

Confidemus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really struggling to go to any Scotland game now even although I bought a ticket for the next game at Ibrox.

Wait till the England game and watch them laughing at us singing FoS.

We've become an embarrassment in just about everything now. Calls for a GB team are now justified in my opinion.

Already a thread on this and I mentioned on it that we are still a nation and the last few months has shown we are brave more than maybe any political movement in our NATIONAL history!

Stop blaming your country for being a democracy. Be proud to be Scottish!!!

This.

The closeness of the vote and turnout won't go unnoticed in Westminster.

I'm really struggling to go to any Scotland game now even although I bought a ticket for the next game at Ibrox.

We've become an embarrassment in just about everything now. Calls for a GB team are now justified in my opinion.

PM me then and I'll take it off your hands.....

That's just silly.

We voted on staying part of a mutually beneficial Union which we have played a major part in running successfully over the years.....and dare I say continue to do so.

We certainly can't in all seriousness use either Flower of Scotland or Scotland the Brave.

Good point. The vote's the vote & that's fair enough, but we have to at least try & retain some level of credibility in the eyes of the world.

We can't seriously use an anthem about gaining independence by peaceful means on the back of that vote. Wouldn't do any harm telling Westminster they can keep their paltry offer of "extra powers" while we're at it, try & at least give the impression we've still some level of integrity & not so easily bribed

WTF? Nothing has changed since the Germany game so why all the greeting?

I think we calm down and continue with FoS, the football fans have just started mastering it and if changed FoS will jus be sung multiple times each game anyway

We know that it was people over 55 that voted against Scotland this time, 57% of 16-55 yo's were YES apparently, if we remain determined our chance will come again

WTF? Nothing has changed since the Germany game so why all the greeting?

Eh, we just had our first ever vote on whether we wish sovereignty over Scotland to rest in London. And we agreed. What other countries have made such decisions but continued playing international sport? Please don't say it's just like handing power to Brussels, because it quite obviously isn't.

I'm not driven to independence by narrow nationalism, and Flower of Scotland is a pretty nationalistic song (like many, many national anthems). However I have no problem singing it as I can appreciate its sentiments and I understand the message it is trying to convey.

As a YES voter I will have no problem singing it in the future. I'll leave no voters to their on conscience.

Already a thread on this and I mentioned on it that we are still a nation and the last few months has shown we are brave more than maybe any political movement in our NATIONAL history!

Stop blaming your country for being a democracy. Be proud to be Scottish!!!

What is there to be proud of? We can't even be trusted to run our own country.

Archived