CELTC V's PARTICK THISTLE

hellbhoy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disgusting. I don't care if you're playing the best team in the league you can't ship 6 goals to zip in the cup.

If you're going to take a humping then the cup's the competition to do it. I'd be a lot angrier and a lot more despondent if it was a league game.

Our pre-match confidence and subsequent shock is obviously down to Celtic's indifferent form this season, but the home loss to Hamilton appears to be the kick up the arse Deila needed before he started taking things seriously. They'd scored nine and conceded just the one between then and last night.

It's a result I'll quickly forget. I suspect it'll be the same for the players.

Aye, I was far more upset by the Hamilton and St Mirren games. Teams get humped off the OF (United and County have also shipped a few to Celtic this season) pretty regularly - had it ended up something ludicrous like 10 or 11 then it might have been remembered but as it is, not a game that will be talked about by anyone for a long time.

I think the free kick that led to their first goal was given for Osman's follow-up swipe rather than his initial challenge. Bannigan's tackle was a red card all-day long; reckless, dangerous and completely unnecessary.

I've not read the thread and haven't followed the game. However I was struck by this account on the BBC website of the Bannigan sending off:

Bannigan was shown a straight red card by referee Kevin Clancy for thumping into Guidetti who was left writhing in agony.

It made me think of an awful truth - if you are in agony, the last thing you do is writhe about because that makes it more painful. If it's real agony you lie still. Very, very still. I'm always astonished that refs are fooled into thinking that some awful injury has been sustained by the way footballers throw themselves about spectacularly. Not saying that's what happened here as I haven't seen it.

Just thought I should share that thought.

Just watched the highlights, that was grim viewing. Glad I never went as I don't know if I could've stuck that out. 6-0 seems to flatter us more than anything.

Don't see how anyone could think that Bannigan's challenge wasn't a sending off. Guidetti makes the most of it, but he comes crashing into him from seemingly nowhere. What annoys me most is that it was in a nothing area of the pitch. Out wide, with plenty of players covering, and he decides to come lunging in. Hopefully he learns his lesson from this and stops this needless fouling that he seems to have a habit of doing. Boyhood Celtic fan so I can't imagine getting sent off in the stadium you watched your football growing up can be a very pleasant experience so hopefully he screws the nut.

Balatoni proved himself yet again as an absolute bombscare and needs dropped ASAP. Surely there is no questioning now that Frans and Seabourne have to be our first choice centre-half pairing.

Also, is it just me who's not surprised at Fox's error for the 6th? He seemingly tries to take it round strikers at some point in every game and just about gets away with it every time. I could see something like that coming a mile off.

The fact that you post during games, which means either:

a) you're not at the game

b) you're on your phone at a football game posting on a forum, which is a bit sad really

I see. I only posted twice during the game, once to laugh at the Maryhill's finest pouring out after the third goal and once to have a LOL at the Thistle goalie. Good for you taking up the "where you at the game" gauntlet though.

Not taking this well are you?

Your pointless input...

A bit like your persistent attempts to 'subtly' identify those involved in the Zaluska incident.

Anyway, it was a genuine expression of surprise due to not having previously noticed you comment on club football.

A bit like your persistent attempts to 'subtly' identify those involved in the Zaluska incident.

Anyway, it was a genuine expression of surprise due to not having previously noticed you comment on club football.

I have often commented on club football, so you are not paying attention.

Never went but was arguing with a few people on Twitter about the Bannigan incident. It was a red all day long and it infuriates me that people can't admit to this.

6-0 is a shaggin' but being down to 10 men we couldn't really expect anything else. QF of the cup is decent.

I've not read the thread and haven't followed the game. However I was struck by this account on the BBC website of the Bannigan sending off:

Bannigan was shown a straight red card by referee Kevin Clancy for thumping into Guidetti who was left writhing in agony.

It made me think of an awful truth - if you are in agony, the last thing you do is writhe about because that makes it more painful. If it's real agony you lie still. Very, very still. I'm always astonished that refs are fooled into thinking that some awful injury has been sustained by the way footballers throw themselves about spectacularly. Not saying that's what happened here as I haven't seen it.

Just thought I should share that thought.

Not pleasant viewing from a Thistle perspective but you have to admire Guidetti's dead ball skills. I agree that this type of shoeing is better in a cup game. Sadly it is our worst result against Celtic in over 40 years. I just hope we can bounce back on Saturday.

Onwards and upwards.

I see. I only posted twice during the game, once to laugh at the Maryhill's finest pouring out after the third goal and once to have a LOL at the Thistle goalie. Good for you taking up the "where you at the game" gauntlet though.

Not taking this well are you?

Ah, the "not taking it well" line, even if it makes no sense whatsoever. A true P&B classic.

I don't particularly care whether you were at the game or not. Was just offering a suggestion as to why another poster might have thought you weren't.

I know why boo Guidetti. Going by the way he was writhing about he's going to be out for a long time.

Was just wondering if you'd be willing to publish your list of guidelines about how to behave after being absolutely poleaxed by an opposing player? Asking for a friend.

Archived