Ruthy Doll in hot water wi the polis...

QPSAFalkirkFirm

Not that I particularly care about this, but sampling the votes pre count and before voting day would allow one side (or both) to target specific demographics based on the results of these samples. IMO this is the main issue here, and whether both sides did (or could) do it is immaterial.

Not just general demographics, but they can match votes to individual signatures. So much for the secret ballot.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just general demographics, but they can match votes to individual signatures. So much for the secret ballot.

They can trace any vote if they can be arsed.

At least in the booth there is genuinely no other fucker that can see what youre up to

They can trace any vote if they can be arsed.

At least in the booth there is genuinely no other fucker that can see what youre up to

Do you have to swear as much?

I find it a little fucking offensive, if I'm honest.

This is clearly separate to any (in my opinion seriously misguided) claims of vote rigging.

It is clear that any tallying or counting of votes prior to the close of the polls is illegal. If you break the law then it is not an acceptable defence to say that someone else did it too.

I agree that postal voting is susceptible to this but voting by post is a right that has to be maintained for so many reasons. any breaking of the law which is intended to manage the fairness of this is therefore important to maintain this right.

There is no way this should call into question the referendum process or result but if anyone is found guilty of breaking the laws that are in place to protect the integrity of our democratic process they should face the legal consequences of that.

From what Ruth Davidson says, I think it's quite clear someone has. If the investigation identifies culprits on either side of the argument who commited this crime then they should face trial and recieve the appropriate punishment.

This is clearly separate to any (in my opinion seriously misguided) claims of vote rigging.

It is clear that any tallying or counting of votes prior to the close of the polls is illegal. If you break the law then it is not an acceptable defence to say that someone else did it too.

I agree that postal voting is susceptible to this but voting by post is a right that has to be maintained for so many reasons. any breaking of the law which is intended to manage the fairness of this is therefore important to maintain this right.

There is no way this should call into question the referendum process or result but if anyone is found guilty of breaking the laws that are in place to protect the integrity of our democratic process they should face the legal consequences of that.

From what Ruth Davidson says, I think it's quite clear someone has. If the investigation identifies culprits on either side of the argument who commited this crime then they should face trial and recieve the appropriate punishment.

The last time it happened it was a police caution job. And that was because the wifie mentioned it BEFORE the polls closed.

The worst that happens here is a few counters get a police caution. While they may well have broken the law (notwithstanding the fact everyone does this and its collectively understood that you just don't talk about it) it is not apparent that Davidson herself has broken the law by divulging the information she was given by them, after the polls had closed.

Heard he was lined up for the Justice Minister job in an independant Scotland :lol: :lol:

As Ferris is a guy who has been tough on crime (well, at least on some of his fellow criminals anyway), he would seem to be an ideal candidate. Vote YES! Ach, too late.

Archived