2015 Holiday/Travel Plans

Andy Dufresne

Going with the girlfriend and her family on a motorhome trip starting in Bilbao and going all the way through Spain towards Portugal in June. Looking forward to going to Bilbao as I really think I'll love the place; it's the only major city I've not been to in Spain. Unsure on how I'll cope with the temperatures inside a motorhome in that sort of climate though.

I'd be more worried about trying to get a ride with her Dad sleeping next door.

Holidays with the in laws are grim. I've done it once, never again.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be more worried about trying to get a ride with her Dad sleeping next door.

Holidays with the in laws are grim. I've done it once, never again.

Ach, I get on splendidly with her parents. I've already spent a week with them in a motorhome although admittedly that wasn't abroad, it was in Stonehaven. High temperatures can make people moody c***s though, so your concern is duly noted.

Ach, I get on splendidly with her parents. I've already spent a week with them in a motorhome although admittedly that wasn't abroad, it was in Stonehaven. High temperatures can make people moody c***s though, so your concern is duly noted.

You could be their best pal, but you're still knobbing their baby girl.

I would highly recommend San Sebastián if you're in that neck of the woods though, cracking place.

Going with the girlfriend and her family on a motorhome trip starting in Bilbao and going all the way through Spain towards Portugal in June. Looking forward to going to Bilbao as I really think I'll love the place; it's the only major city I've not been to in Spain. Unsure on how I'll cope with the temperatures inside a motorhome in that sort of climate though.

There wasn't a whole heap to do in Bilbao if I'm being honest. Still a nice experience. Be prepared for people to not entertain english at all as well.

Yup pretty much cannot fly direct from Scotland to Austria, it really has been a pain in my arse since I moved over here. Vienna wouldn't be convenient for my anyway, but I always had to travel to Munich for flights. Not exactly handy for you though.

No flights to be had to Bratislava? Only about an hour or so on the train to Vienna.

Cheers for the suggestion, had a look at Bratislava but all flights seem to be coming in at 11pm or later so then having to get a train etc would be an extra hassle.

Cheers for the suggestion, had a look at Bratislava but all flights seem to be coming in at 11pm or later so then having to get a train etc would be an extra hassle.

Ryanair flights from Edinburgh land in Bratislava at 17.50 it's only 20-30 mins to the city centre depending on traffic. Hourly train service to Vienna.

Flights from Bratislava land in Edinburgh at 19.55.

Not sure if that helps you or not.

When I went to watch Scotland play Austria a number of years ago (Gary O'Connor scored the only goal) I flew into Bratislava with Ryanair via Stansted. Got a bus over to Vienna and only took an hour or so. Pretty straight forward!

Theres a bus service between The airport in Bratislava and vienna,dont know how regular it is but ive been on it a couple of times,however Vienna airport has a sex shop in it which always amuses me

Anyone here been to Rome?

I plan on visiting the vatican but I dont have any shorts that go down past my knees and have been told this might be a problem? Now they're not budgy smugglers obviously but they sit just above my knee (think yer average River Island fare) surely these should b acceptable? I dont really fancy wearing jeans if im going to be walking about all day. The missus will be wearing a top that covers her shoulders that day so thats that covered I just dont fancy buying a pair of shorts just to visit one place.

Also in lamens terms how are meals typically ordered as I see in most places that there are a few different courses so what is the etiquette over there? I couldnt see a standard run down of a meal on the likes of TripAdvisor etc etc.

And if anyone could give me any suggestions of things to do at night after our meal etc.

I went in,in that type of shorts,eating in italy as a whole is tremendous,just walk up any side street and the food will be excellent and cheap if your away from the touristy areas

Do your touristy things in daylight but its also worth going back at night to see them all light up,lots to do after dark in Rome,i love wandering around and just stumbling upon things,the area around the trevi fountain is tremendous for side street bars/restaurants

Kavos in August. #herewe #ladsontour #carnage #mwi #sun

I really can't be fucked with Kavos tbh.

I went to Kavos for my 6th year holiday. It's a complete dive but it's hot, you're constantly pished and its a good laugh. If you're in the 18-23 bracket you'll still have a good time, although I wouldn't go back on one of those holidays if I was paid to.

Eight days next month based in Prague and then Olomouc in the Czech Republic, then planning to get a Eurotrip sorted in July. Round the Baltic from Copenhagen to Sweden and Finland, then the Baltic States, down to Krakow and into Slovakia looks like a good itinerary, other than a fucking monstrous bus connection between Vilnius and Warsaw.

I went to Kavos for my 6th year holiday. It's a complete dive but it's hot, you're constantly pished and its a good laugh. If you're in the 18-23 bracket you'll still have a good time, although I wouldn't go back on one of those holidays if I was paid to.

I'm in that age bracket, It will no doubt be a decent laugh, but I've already been to Malia, so I'm pretty sure if you've done one of these resorts you've done them all.

I've got a pretty busy year holiday / travel wise.

Had a stagger in Galway a couple of weeks ago which is a cracking place, would thoroughly recommend. Away to London with the missus for a long weekend this weekend, mate lives down there as well so going to the Arsenal v West Ham game on Saturday while she goes shopping with her mates. Going to Dubrovnik for another stagger at the end of April. Have another stagger in London at the start of May where we're going to Ascot on the Friday night and going to try and get to a game somewhere on the Saturday. Have another stagger to Amsterdam in June. Got 6 weddings scattered around Scotland May - July, then going to Vegas for a week for a wedding the first week of September. Have my own stagger to Berlin the start of October (ties in with the last weekend of Oktoberfest too which should be class), our wedding at the start of December, and then Dubai for 5 nights and Mauritius for 12 nights for our honeymoon getting back just before Christmas.

As I say, pretty busy year. Can't wait.

Eight days next month based in Prague and then Olomouc in the Czech Republic, then planning to get a Eurotrip sorted in July. Round the Baltic from Copenhagen to Sweden and Finland, then the Baltic States, down to Krakow and into Slovakia looks like a good itinerary, other than a fucking monstrous bus connection between Vilnius and Warsaw.

I'm doing Copenhagen - Stockholm - Helsinki - Tallinn at the end of the month. Pretty psyched for it.

Excluding my flights, transport and accommodation has set me back about £200. Could have went cheaper if I chose to fly between Stockholm and Helsinki (about £30), but I fancied getting the overnight ferry to Turku (£25) and the train to Helsinki at lunchtime (£15).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived