General Election 2015

Ludo*1

As fun as it would be, there's absolutely no chance the SNP are claiming 53 seats. 45 is the absolute ceiling IMO.

Imagine the unmitigated scenes though if the SNP did manage to achieve 50+ seats?

It's not unthinkable.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GdnPolitics: 51 days to go - our latest projection:

CON 277 seats

LAB 269

SNP 53

LDEM 25

UKIP 4

GRN 1http://t.co/QHx89sNbkF http://t.co/eMNenEv3ID

With Sinn Fein not taking their seats, then Labour SNP and Green would have a majority.

As fun as it would be, there's absolutely no chance the SNP are claiming 53 seats. 45 is the absolute ceiling IMO.

Stop being a spoilsport, when we get our 53 seats I hope Jo Coburn gets to interview the SNP spokesperson.

About time someone put them in their place, She actually let Pia away with denying it during that piece. Proving Campbell's point.

Aye, Simon just glossed over it

That Hosie interview is fucking brilliant :lol:

If he can can generate that kind of absolute rage from Coburn, I actually worry (/piss myself laughing) at the potential reaction to King Eck's smug coupon grinning his way through interviews, post election.

Can't be long until an interviewer or panel member tries to chin him.

Poll of Labour councillors:

"whilst 72.7% would prefer a minority administration in the case of a hung parliament, the SNP (42.7%), Greens (39.1%), SDLP (35.5%) and Plaid Cymru (25.5%) are all viewed as more acceptable Coalition partners than the Lib Dems (23%)"

http://ww2.anglia.ac.uk/ruskin/en/home/microsites/labour_history_research/news_and_events/economic_management.html

That Hosie interview is fucking brilliant :lol:

If he can can generate that kind of absolute rage from Coburn, I actually worry (/piss myself laughing) at the potential reaction to King Eck's smug coupon grinning his way through interviews, post election.

Can't be long until an interviewer or panel member tries to chin him.

That was absolutely outrageous though, a supposedly professional broadcaster acting like that?

Reminded me of Jackie Bird and Andrew Marr during the referendum campaign. These people actually have a moral and legal duty to be impartial but are as partial as its possible to be.

I don't think it will, I think they need a hammering in Scotland in every election of any type until after independence is achieved in order for them to even begin to learn their lesson.

Personally I will never forgive the Labour party and wouldn't dream of ever voting for them again.

Douglas Alexander not happy that social media conspiracy theories are making it harder for him to campaign

On the verge of tears because the electorate no longer uncritically swallows everything the BBC and the Daily Record feed to them. Excellent.

...nor did I condone or try and justify the anti Scottish pish that's written by some of the rags down south... All newspapers pander to their audience from the stance taken in their editorial to which letters they print.

Sorry to join the dogpile, but that's an interesting concession you've just made. You've effectively admitted that there's a considerable amount of anti-Scottish sentiment in England amongst the general public, to such an extent that the papers can see the commercial sense in exploiting and pandering to this existing prejudice in order to gain cash and readers for themselves.

In Scotland, by contrast, the papers do not generally allow anti-English sentiment to be expressed above the line, suggesting that it is not in their commercial interests to do so. If newspapers always pander to their audience, then it follows that there is less anti-English sentiment in Scotland amongst the public than there is anti-Scottish sentiment in England.

Unionists have long denied this, even though it's bloody obvious, so cheers.

Sorry to join the dogpile, but that's an interesting concession you've just made. You've effectively admitted that there's a considerable amount of anti-Scottish sentiment in England amongst the general public, to such an extent that the papers can see the commercial sense in exploiting and pandering to this existing prejudice in order to gain cash and readers for themselves.

In Scotland, by contrast, the papers do not generally allow anti-English sentiment to be expressed above the line, suggesting that it is not in their commercial interests to do so. If newspapers always pander to their audience, then it follows that there is less anti-English sentiment in Scotland amongst the public than there is anti-Scottish sentiment in England.

Unionists have long denied this, even though it's bloody obvious, so cheers.

I like the cut of your jib.

Going back to that Hosie interview it shows what a polished politician he is. Far too many judged him based on his horrendous appearance in the run up to the indyref and just dismissed him as sneering.

Going back to that Hosie interview it shows what a polished politician he is. Far too many judged him based on his horrendous appearance in the run up to the indyref and just dismissed him as sneering.

I was dead impressed with him after he demolished George Robertson (or allowed Robertson to demolish himself) during the independence debate at the University of Abertay. Unlike some other SNP bods I could name (Fiona Hyslop) he knew his brief and made his points calmly and persuasively.

I missed his later car-crash interview though... How bad was it? Worth seeking out for the cringe-factor?

I was dead impressed with him after he demolished George Robertson (or allowed Robertson to demolish himself) during the independence debate at the University of Abertay. Unlike some other SNP bods I could name (Fiona Hyslop) he knew his brief and made his points calmly and persuasively.

I missed his later car-crash interview though... How bad was it? Worth seeking out for the cringe-factor?

The first I'd seen of him was just prior to indyref. Can't remember what he was on but he came across terrible. Has definitely been much better of what I've seen recently

Archived