General Election 2015

Ludo*1

So you're prepared to see Scotland go into debt @ £8bn a year because that is our share of the deficit anyway? I'm reading that correctly? How is this debt going to be raised? How are they going to guarantee it without a central bank? Entertain me.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we would still have access to the BofE as we are still part of the UK

Scotland therefore is already in a better position than the UK. And if it means we borrow £7.6 bn instead of £9 bn or £9.5 bn then that is a better place to start.

Honestly some Unionists cling to Westminster like the comfort blanket that kid had in the Charlie Brown cartoons. Even the thought of losing it turns them into greeting messes devoid of any reason.

So the Bofe is going to underwrite SNP borrowing 8bn pa? :1eye I mean, you couldn't make it up. That means we pay the interest, right? A few years of that and we'll be paying hundreds of millions a year in interest with a mounting debt. How is that nightmare possibly to the benefit of Scotland? And we still have to send billions to Westminster to pay for everything the SNP mob don't provide Scotland. No doubt we can save on an immigration service as Sturgeon doesn't want one, all illegals, criminals etc.. welcome. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

It was generally agreed by all sides during the referendum campaign that Scotland pays in £400 more a year in tax, than the UK average, but because of Barnet formula consequentials we receive £1200 back.

So it is that extra £800 that pays for our notoriously high living standards up here.

Scottish population is 5.3 million, so x by £800 = £4.24 bn

So where is the extra £3.4 bn shortfall coming from? Paying off historical UK debt? Paying for daft imperial foreign policies?

Unionists. Entertain me

So the Bofe is going to underwrite SNP borrowing 8bn pa? :1eye I mean, you couldn't make it up. That means we pay the interest, right? A few years of that and we'll be paying hundreds of millions a year in interest with a mounting debt. How is that nightmare possibly to the benefit of Scotland? And we still have to send billions to Westminster to pay for everything the SNP mob don't provide Scotland. No doubt we can save on an immigration service as Sturgeon doesn't want one, all illegals, criminals etc.. welcome. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

^ uneducated clown statement

Scotland already has borrowing powers under the 2012 Scotland Act. I am not sure why the extension of this under FFA would be an issue.

It seems SLAB have resorted back to scaring old ladies over pensions again.

But this time, instead of telling them that only keeping pensions under UK Government control can save them. They're now making out that the Scottish Government suddenly has full control over them.

They must think all old people have dementia.

They r c***s full stop. I actually prefer the tories. Right, ive fuckin said it.

They r c***s full stop. I actually prefer the tories. Right, ive fuckin said it.

Think I'm with you bro. What Union emasculating legislation that Thatcher brought in did Labour ever reverse? Murphy's idol Blair fought tooth and nail against the minimum wage. At least the Tories are honest in declaring war on the poor.

My final seat forecast is complete

Conservative Party - 272

Labour Party - 269

Scottish National Party - 52

Liberal Democrats - 30

Democratic Unionists - 9

Sinn Fein - 6

Plaid Cymru - 4

SDLP - 2

UKIP - 2

Greens - 1

Respect - 1

Independents - 1

Speaker - 1

So, that gives real total of 271 Tories, 267 Labour, with 321 needed for a majority when Sinn Fein and the speakers are removed

Potential coalition/C&S options

1. Labour & SNP = 321

They would have a wafer thin majority of 1, but could probably rely on support from Plaid, the Greens, the SDLP, and Sylvia Hermon to prop up their government.

2. Labour & SNP & Liberal Democrats = 351

A far more stable government, but Clegg would surely have to be replaced with someone from the party's social democratic wing

3. Conservative minority government

Could they cut a deal with Labour to avoid being voted down?

Someone who has worked all their life in the UK then retires and emigrates to Australia will have entitlement to a full UK pension. Fact.

Scotland may decide to raise and spend its own taxes...but our pensioners will be left in the gutter penniless?

Utter discredited pish from a desperate party facing wipeout.

Someone who has worked all their life in the UK then retires and emigrates to Australia will have entitlement to a full UK pension. Fact.

Scotland may decide to raise and spend its own taxes...but our pensioners will be left in the gutter penniless?

Utter discredited pish from a desperate party facing wipeout.

Bullshitting vulnerable pensioners.

Classy stuff eh

Bullshitting vulnerable pensioners.

Classy stuff eh

Political equivalent of they b*****ds going round fitting alarm systems in pensioners hooses for £20k

Rogue Traders should be onto them....

The IFS quote the GERS figures and they have already allowed for us having to pay £3 billion a year in debt repayments on current UK debt. That seems quite reasonable given our debt is £1.5 Trillion.

Well done for getting in a 'you couldn't make it up' and a jibe about immigration. Nige would be proud.

As it goes, I still want FFA, but the deficit thing is a concern.

Let me think, a party who's entire value system I completely disagree with; or a party of complete hypocrites, who's stock response to trouble is intimidating the vulnerable and uninformed with complete lies?

I'd say I prefer the Tories as well. Labour need to be destroyed in Scotland.

I do too. Everyone knows what the Tories stand for. But what about Labour? Whose interests does it stand up for, other than its own MPs?

The Tories have been thrown out of Scotland. But Labour still hangs on, discrediting social justice in favour of self-interest.

I utterly despise them.

My final seat forecast is complete

Conservative Party - 272

Labour Party - 269

Scottish National Party - 52

Liberal Democrats - 30

Democratic Unionists - 9

Sinn Fein - 6

Plaid Cymru - 4

SDLP - 2

UKIP - 2

Greens - 1

Respect - 1

Independents - 1

Speaker - 1

So, that gives real total of 271 Tories, 267 Labour, with 321 needed for a majority when Sinn Fein and the speakers are removed

Potential coalition/C&S options

1. Labour & SNP = 321

They would have a wafer thin majority of 1

Yet again, you haven't done your sums properly.

If, as expected,the current speaker (a Tory) is re-elected as speaker, the three depute speakers will be as follows:

Chairman of Ways & Means - Labour

First Deputy Chairman of Ways & Means - Opposition

Second Deputy Chairman of Ways & Means - Labour

That means that the potential Labour/SNP confidence & supply agreement will only have 319 votes and the combined opposition 321. That's technically a minority.

In future, can you please do some proper research before posting.

You could start here http://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/principal/deputy-speakers/

Think I'm with you bro. What Union emasculating legislation that Thatcher brought in did Labour ever reverse? Murphy's idol Blair fought tooth and nail against the minimum wage. At least the Tories are honest in declaring war on the poor.

When did Tony Blair fight 'tooth and nail' against the minimum wage?

Archived