General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Which still does not provide a causal link between anti-English racism and the SNP, because while some anti English sentiments may be linked to Independence, the corollary does not hold. Frankly, anti English attacks are perpetrated by aresholes with any number of phobias regarding other people, it does not follow that their Anglophobia is a dominating theme when they come to cast a vote, or indeed that they see independence as a way of furthering their Anglophobic goals. As such, while Ogilvie exists and is undoubtedly a bigoted, racist arsehole, it does not follow that the SNP are the 'natural home' for these people, anymore than it follows that Labour are the natural home for anti-catholic sentiment just because they are the principle Unionist party in a country where Unionism and the protestant church have a strong orthogonal relationship.

Again, why does SnG state that they have always been an organisation who supports the SNP?

It absolutely does hold. We know that proto-fascists and anti-English racist organisations in Scotland declare themselves as supporters of the SNP.

Again, I have no idea why you are being wilfully obtuse here. If your hatred of a race or nationality is such that you physically, or verbally, abuse English people the SNP , who are seeking to remove us from the UK, are absolutely your natural home.

Unfortunately for you, Nationalism attracts scum.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, why does SnG state that they have always been an organisation who supports the SNP?

I gave you the answer above, yet that still fails entirely to be evidence to suggest that the SNP hoovers up the bigot, racist vote or that it is the natural home for it, because you have failed to provide evidence that anglophobic attacks are motivated by a desire for independence in any case, let alone a majority of cases. The existence of SnG and Ogilvie do not change that fundamental fact. Yes, they exist and yes they are bigots and racists, but are they responsible for the majority of racist attacks on the English?

I've never voted UKIP, so I have no idea why those voting UKIP would do so.

There are a lot of racists in Scotland, so that will likely be their main catchment area. Well, the non anti-English racists of course, as the SNP already have those types hanging onto their coattails.

The evidence for this will be produced any moment now, I'm sure.

As in something that attaches types and organisations of people to the SNP, not further bleating about some fruitcake the Telegraph have found.

It absolutely does hold. We know that proto-fascists and anti-English racist organisations in Scotland declare themselves as supporters of the SNP.

Again, I have no idea why you are being wilfully obtuse here. If your hatred of a race or nationality is such that you physically, or verbally, abuse English people the SNP , who are seeking to remove us from the UK, are absolutely your natural home.

Unfortunately for you, Nationalism attracts scum.

Of course it fucking doesn't hold. You have provided evidence of one group of fascists and one name of one guy. You still have not provided evidence that the majority of anglophobic attacks are carried out by organisations that desire independence, therefore how can you call the SNP their natural home, it remains a clear failing in your thinking that anglophobia, to the point of abuse, makes your first instinct one to remove Scotland from the UK. It is not necessarily that linear or simple a relationship.

Unfortunate for you as well, given the various unionist parties reliance on British nationalism means you must be lining up with scum, since whoever you vote for won't just be hoovering these idiots up by chance, but actively courting them.

Shame there's so many trolls on here. Labour have just voted to support George Osbornes austerity measures and you're all squabbling over last weeks news.

Do keep up.

Fucking inevitable really. Labour utterly spineless.

Shame there's so many trolls on here. Labour have just voted to support George Osbornes austerity measures and you're all squabbling over last weeks news.

Do keep up.

Fucking inevitable really. Labour utterly spineless.

Would have been electoral suicide in the marginals for them to do anything else.

Who knows?

Take it up with Andrew Gilligan.

Or perhaps this might help - http://www.snp-bannockburn.org/walk-for-wallace-2005.html

What supplying a photo to a local SNP branch now makes you a member?

I can see travelling from Aberdeen to Stirling for the branch meetings a bit of a round trip though...

I gave you the answer above, yet that still fails entirely to be evidence to suggest that the SNP hoovers up the bigot, racist vote or that it is the natural home for it, because you have failed to provide evidence that anglophobic attacks are motivated by a desire for independence in any case, let alone a majority of cases.

:lol:

What a ludicrous strawman. Where, very very very exactly have I stated that "anglophobic attacks are motivated by a desire for Independence".

You have completely invented this scenario, because you have been absolutely ragdolled, leading to your laughable attempts to pretend that anti-English racists wouldn't support the party which has as it's key tenet... the secession of Scotland from a political union with England!

We know there are many thousands of racists in Scotland. A particular chunk of these are anti-English racists.

I'll ask again, are you seriously asking why anti-English racists would be attracted to the Scottish Nationalist Party? And why that is their natural home?

Is it a coincidence that SnG and scum like Bruce Ogilvie are supporters and in the latter case campaigners for the SNP? Could he just as easily be pictured with Ruth Davidson under a Union flag, as pictured next to Salmond and a Saltire? :rolleyes:

Show a bit of dignity here.

:lol:

What a ludicrous strawman. Where, very very very exactly have I stated that "anglophobic attacks are motivated by a desire for Independence".

You have completely invented this scenario, because you have been absolutely ragdolled, leading to your laughable attempts to pretend that anti-English racists wouldn't support the party which has as it's key tenet... the secession of Scotland from a political union with England!

We know there are many thousands of racists in Scotland. A particular chunk of these are anti-English racists.

I'll ask again, are you seriously asking why anti-English racists would be attracted to the Scottish Nationalist Party? And why that is their natural home?

Is it a coincidence that SnG and scum like Bruce Ogilvie are supporters and in the latter case campaigners for the SNP? Could he just as easily be pictured with Ruth Davidson under a Union flag, as pictured next to Salmond and a Saltire? :rolleyes:

Show a bit of dignity here.

Yes I am, because you have consistently failed to provide evidence that these people's Anglophobia amounts to a monomania in their personality that links to a desire for Scottish independence. You can't and you won't. Therefore, even if you can show that bruce Ogilvie exists, you can't link the majority of racist attacks on English people to membership or voting for the SNP.

As to who got ragdolled, I'll leave that to the wisdom of the forum.

Archived