General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Dugdale just asked on the radio about Ed's tombstone pledges.

She couldn't name one of them.

I actually thought she was doing pretty well up till then too - at least she spent more time talking about Labour policy than about the SNP

Must admit that it's rather amusing to see Labour voters complaining about the SNP supposedly using a mild version of standard Labour protest tactics. Scunner to have your traditional voter base come back to bite you in the arse.

:lol: Dugdale just asked on the radio about Ed's tombstone pledges.

She couldn't name one of them.

Tbf, they're all bland, meaningless and instantly forgettable.

I actually thought she was doing pretty well up till then too.

Pished at 10 in the morning? Dugdale only ever does well up until the point that she starts speaking, her poor dad must cringe every time he watches his wee princess open her gub.

Update on NE fife from a biased SNP source in the work, he's semi retired and in Coupar, he's been canvassing all over NE fife. He said the SNP vote seems strong, said you'd be surprised, especially with the grey vote, he said that theres loads of older folk who are extremely pissed off about this vow nonsense.

All this obviously 2nd hand information from a biased source but still thought I'd share.

I'm shiteing myself for Friday, thought I'd try help with a wee bit of reassurance :P

Dundee/Angus should be NAPs

Update on NE fife from a biased SNP source in the work, he's semi retired and in Coupar, he's been canvassing all over NE fife. He said the SNP vote seems strong, said you'd be surprised, especially with the grey vote, he said that theres loads of older folk who are extremely pissed off about this vow nonsense.

All this obviously 2nd hand information from a biased source but still thought I'd share.

I'm shiteing myself for Friday, thought I'd try help with a wee bit of reassurance :P

Nah impossible. Ad Lib told us the vow has been delivered in full.

Nah impossible. Ad Lib told us the vow has been delivered in full.

They must have left it with the neighbours.

Finding that down my way as well.

Although to be fair not in massive numbers, but definitely in significant and noticeable numbers.

What is true, in my experience, is the most rabid hatred does tend to come from the 60ish age group.

In Scotland this election is still basically about independence. If you're a die hard Yesser then obviously you vote SNP, end up with a Tory government, call for another referendum. This makes perfect sense. I don't agree but it's an honest position which you have to respect.

But Sturgeon's 'we'll keep Labour honest' line isn't honest is it? The SNP don't want to be a force for good within the UK, they want independence, come what may. Independence is much more likely to emerge from a fractious, dysfunctional and unfair UK than from a harmonious, prosperous, egalitarian UK. So it's pretty obvious what Salmond's agenda's going to be at Westminster.

I think some people who voted No are planning to vote SNP because they they think it'll be good for Scotland within the UK ('Stronger for Scotland'). But another Tory government won't be good for Scotland or anyone else.

So unless you really truly want independence, do what Rupert Murdoch wants you not to do: vote Labour.

In Scotland this election is still basically about independence. If you're a die hard Yesser then obviously you vote SNP, end up with a Tory government, call for another referendum. This makes perfect sense. I don't agree but it's an honest position which you have to respect.

But Sturgeon's 'we'll keep Labour honest' line isn't honest is it? The SNP don't want to be a force for good within the UK, they want independence, come what may. Independence is much more likely to emerge from a fractious, dysfunctional and unfair UK than from a harmonious, prosperous, egalitarian UK. So it's pretty obvious what Salmond's agenda's going to be at Westminster.

I think some people who voted No are planning to vote SNP because they they think it'll be good for Scotland within the UK ('Stronger for Scotland'). But another Tory government won't be good for Scotland or anyone else.

So unless you really truly want independence, do what Rupert Murdoch wants you not to do: vote Labour.

Hi Kezia.

Edit: Vote SNP if you're a yesser you say? Cool, I'll vote SNP then.

Finding that down my way as well.

Although to be fair not in massive numbers, but definitely in significant and noticeable numbers.

What is true, in my experience, is the most rabid hatred does tend to come from the 60ish age group.

Tryfield's auld man switched to SNP at 75, pleasing, a lot of auld yins realise they were hoodwinked into voting against the interests of their grandkids and great grandkids in September.

Tryfield's auld man switched to SNP at 75, pleasing, a lot of auld yins realise they were hoodwinked into voting against the interests of their grandkids and great grandkids in September.

My 69 year old father, who hasn't voted in elections (or in the referendum) since the 90s has told me yesterday he's voting SNP.

I didn't even think he was registered :lol:

Laughable Lady surely?

What we need is another Tryfield funeral poll. The poll the pollsters fear.....

Seriously it isn't. The referendum is over. We lost. We get over it. It is a simple concept that

"The Scottish People will decide when the next referendum is"

What is now required is for Scotland to have a voice at Westminster. One it has never had.

The Tories, Labour and whatever incarnation the Liberals were at the time have had centuries to give Scotland a fair crack of the whip.

This is simply people waking up and realising that the only party who will currently do that is the SNP

There are two principles in the SNP's constitution. One is obviously independence the other is:

the furtherance of all Scottish interests.

We cannot have independence (yet) that does not mean that it stops trying to get the best for the people of Scotland, until such time as the people of Scotland decide that the time is right for Independence.

Vote for the slightly less shitty sandwich! There are only two options! THERE ARE ONLY TWO OPTIONS!!!

Hi Kezia.

Edit: Vote SNP if you're a yesser you say? Cool, I'll vote SNP then.

She must have utilised spellchecker, too many big words for Dugdale.

Archived