General Election 2015

Ludo*1

This is a strange GE really.

It's both the most boring and most interesting GE I can remember.

In terms of who the biggest part will be it really doesn't matter as the difference between the 2 mail parties is so infinitesimally small it really does not matter who comes out on top.

But at the same time, the smaller parties are set to make gains all over the place and could very well be in the position of kingmaker come May 8th. This opens up whole avenues of possible outcomes.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baxter Parp, on 23 Jan 2015 - 08:44, said:

Because they wouldn't get the same opportunity to put their case to the people of NI.

Not sure why anyone should care. It's a Westminster debate and they have a number of seats which could make them eligible for debates on the plans made here. That's just about all that matters.

Not sure why anyone should care. It's a Westminster debate and they have a number of seats which could make them eligible for debates on the plans made here. That's just about all that matters.

Is it? None of the other parties in the debate stand in NI. Is it fair on Sinn Fein who have five?

How the heck are these debates going to work?

I mean 7 is a total clusterfuck. 3 was a bit of a crowd last time, I honestly think it works better just one-on-one like in the States.

It happens in other countries. It will work.

How the heck are these debates going to work?

I mean 7 is a total clusterfuck. 3 was a bit of a crowd last time, I honestly think it works better just one-on-one like in the States.

I'm not sure how it'll work, but anything that gets us away from the two party nonsense we have now is to be welcomed. Hopefully the free publicity that the smaller parties get weakens the big two.

That combined with the Ed Milliband effect should really hurt Labour. Not sure how the UKIP involvement will hurt the Tories but I'll be interested to find out.

The thing that can be so irritating about watching PMQs or similar predominately Labour v Tory affairs, is that their only answer to anything is correctly pointing out that the other did the same thing in power. It's probably why a total clown like Cleggy can look good in one of these debates.

Now he's in the same boat and the opportunity to impress falls to SNP, Plaid, Greens and UKIP (lol, I know). Surely Farage will know that he doesn't really have a target market up here and the sensible thing in terms of impressing people in constituencies that UKIP have a shot at, is to properly slag off Scotland. I hope so, nothing will win more votes for the SNP.

The thing that can be so irritating about watching PMQs or similar predominately Labour v Tory affairs, is that their only answer to anything is correctly pointing out that the other did the same thing in power. It's probably why a total clown like Cleggy can look good in one of these debates.

Now he's in the same boat and the opportunity to impress falls to SNP, Plaid, Greens and UKIP (lol, I know). Surely Farage will know that he doesn't really have a target market up here and the sensible thing in terms of impressing people in constituencies that UKIP have a shot at, is to properly slag off Scotland. I hope so, nothing will win more votes for the SNP.

Agree wih this. It certainly wont affect UKIP's share in England and they're extremely unlikely to make much ground up here anyway. If anything, the 'us vs them' mentality they're demonstrating is most likely to affect labour's share up here. Win-win for them,

Hopefully folk in Kirkcaldy vote the same way in May. Just need those bams in Cowdenbeath to see sense now.

I don't know what humiliating act I'd do. if I ever see Labour fail to return an MP in this constituency. According to the polls they are still likely to take this seat.

I don't know what humiliating act I'd do. if I ever see Labour fail to return an MP in this constituency. According to the polls they are still likely to take this seat.

Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath is the epitome of a safe Labour seat. Real 'monkey in a red rosette' territory.

Is there any information on which wards are strongest in favour of Labour?

Archived