Faslane - Job security

Banterous

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the nuclear subs and nuclear bombs up here well away from the south of England.

They should actually be somewhere remote like Loch Linnhe not fecking the River Clyde anyway close to a major populous.

Loch Linnhe was offered to the Yanks for their base when they came over here with their nuclear armed subs in the early 1960's but they insisted on, and got, the Holy Loch - 7 miles from Faslane as the crow flies.

Save the 'RAF' in Scotland may be too late. The Tories have shut it down to the scale of one base left.

OK in England though 20 odd bases there.

Easier to shut a base in Scotland than in England. Less people around to give a f**k about it happening.

Great news today that 1500 jobs look safe till 2020. I bet the families of those working there can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29439629

Be interesting to see if there is any criticism of this good news

Isn't that where Scotland's armed forces will be based anyway?

The snp comments are on the article you posted you complete and utter weapon

I didn't read them till now because the SNP are an irrelevance to me due to the fact that they've gone back on their promise to work to improve Scotland. They snipe and moan and don't help out.

However their pledge towards conventional weaponry is interesting. Conventional weaponry is actually as destructive as WMD's and they're far more workable. A lot of your left wing buddies on here are against bombing. Do you seriously believe the SNP would pay to maintain a defence force and not get involved in any conflict or justifiable use of force?

I don't actually care because the referendum has been carried and Scotland is a country within the United Kingdom of Britain. However you should consider that all this sniping from the SNP will stop and they'll play the game. Wonder how many of that new membership will remain :lol:

I didn't read them till now because the SNP are an irrelevance to me due to the fact that they've gone back on their promise to work to improve Scotland. They snipe and moan and don't help out.

However their pledge towards conventional weaponry is interesting. Conventional weaponry is actually as destructive as WMD's and they're far more workable. A lot of your left wing buddies on here are against bombing. Do you seriously believe the SNP would pay to maintain a defence force and not get involved in any conflict or justifiable use of force?

I don't actually care because the referendum has been carried and Scotland is a country within the United Kingdom of Britain. However you should consider that all this sniping from the SNP will stop and they'll play the game. Wonder how many of that new membership will remain :lol:

Genuinely the biggest moron I've ever encountered

Genuinely the biggest moron I've ever encountered

It's true. Salmond told you that WM would allow us to use the pound and we'd all work together. Well he's done none of that and a defence force isn't there as a token gesture and if it is, it would need to be scaled down - jobs lost etc.

You're the moron if you're not let down by the SNP's lack of cooperation.

It's true. Salmond told you that WM would allow us to use the pound and we'd all work together. Well he's done none of that and a defence force isn't there as a token gesture and if it is, it would need to be scaled down - jobs lost etc.

A countries army and naval HQ would have a lot more staff than a submarine base you twat.

A countries army and naval HQ would have a lot more staff than a submarine base you twat.

I thought that Scotland were going to be "neutral" in which case a large staff wouldn't be required you f**king idiot.

Sorry I mean the SNP were telling you more lies along those lines

Wibble.

I thought that Scotland were going to be "neutral" in which case a large staff wouldn't be required you f**king idiot.

Sorry I mean the SNP were telling you more lies along those lines

You really are thick as mince.

idiot-found.jpg

Archived