Faslane - Job security

Banterous

I didn't read them till now because the SNP are an irrelevance to me due to the fact that they've gone back on their promise to work to improve Scotland. They snipe and moan and don't help out.

However their pledge towards conventional weaponry is interesting. Conventional weaponry is actually as destructive as WMD's and they're far more workable. A lot of your left wing buddies on here are against bombing. Do you seriously believe the SNP would pay to maintain a defence force and not get involved in any conflict or justifiable use of force?

I don't actually care because the referendum has been carried and Scotland is a country within the United Kingdom of Britain. However you should consider that all this sniping from the SNP will stop and they'll play the game. Wonder how many of that new membership will remain :lol:

The RoI seem to manage just fine.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read them till now because the SNP are an irrelevance to me due to the fact that they've gone back on their promise to work to improve Scotland. They snipe and moan and don't help out.

However their pledge towards conventional weaponry is interesting. Conventional weaponry is actually as destructive as WMD's and they're far more workable. A lot of your left wing buddies on here are against bombing. Do you seriously believe the SNP would pay to maintain a defence force and not get involved in any conflict or justifiable use of force?

I don't actually care because the referendum has been carried and Scotland is a country within the United Kingdom of Britain. However you should consider that all this sniping from the SNP will stop and they'll play the game. Wonder how many of that new membership will remain :lol:

Conventional weapons can be used for defence as well as attack. Nuclear weapons only work one-way.

As for the folk who have job security? Happy for them but sad for the many tens of thousands of people across the country who are now deprived of investment capital that could have been freed up with Trident off the books.

Conventional weapons can be used for defence as well as attack. Nuclear weapons only work one-way.

As for the folk who have job security? Happy for them but sad for the many tens of thousands of people across the country who are now deprived of investment capital that could have been freed up with Trident off the books.

You do however agree that some of them are every bit as destructive as WMD though yes? Modern warfare restricted to conventional weaponry would easily result in World destruction.

If you want to expand your argument about job security, since the country unanimously voted to stay in the UK, investment has resumed and business operations have not been removed from Scotland. As for your investment argument, how long would that have taken? Oh I know, the white paper which is chock full of assumptions and timelines that were made up.

You do however agree that some of them are every bit as destructive as WMD though yes? Modern warfare restricted to conventional weaponry would easily result in World destruction.

If you want to expand your argument about job security, since the country unanimously voted to stay in the UK, investment has resumed and business operations have not been removed from Scotland. As for your investment argument, how long would that have taken? Oh I know, the white paper which is chock full of assumptions and timelines that were made up.

Status quo, for now. Growth, development, ambition and national wealth alI severely stunted in favour of "we're safe". Safe for now but wait till your Tories win again. And they will.

As for conventional weapons. Utter tosh. Since the 70s armed conflict has been kept to local wars on all continents. Why? So that the arms industry can keep regurgitating their old models to the third world. Murderous atrocities at a local level. Tribes killing tribes. But no global massacre. That'll never happen because the money men will never let it happen. Do you really imagine that the Arab Spring just happened? That somehow all these weapons just appear out of the sky? And that, surprise surprise, when left to their own devices Arab kills Arab and takes the focus off the big game.

I thought that Scotland were going to be "neutral" in which case a large staff wouldn't be required you f**king idiot.

Sorry I mean the SNP were telling you more lies along those lines

Speaking of broken promises and lies. I see you are still here despite stating that you were leaving the sub-forum.

Speaking of broken promises and lies. I see you are still here despite stating that you were leaving the sub-forum.

He's plainly become addicted to being a fanny and a fucking laughing stock.

Status quo, for now. Growth, development, ambition and national wealth alI severely stunted in favour of "we're safe". Safe for now but wait till your Tories win again. And they will.

As for conventional weapons. Utter tosh. Since the 70s armed conflict has been kept to local wars on all continents. Why? So that the arms industry can keep regurgitating their old models to the third world. Murderous atrocities at a local level. Tribes killing tribes. But no global massacre. That'll never happen because the money men will never let it happen. Do you really imagine that the Arab Spring just happened? That somehow all these weapons just appear out of the sky? And that, surprise surprise, when left to their own devices Arab kills Arab and takes the focus off the big game.

Yep we're safe as opposed to a "rocky road that'd be risky but worth it". Aye? He didn't seem to have a single straight answer just a series of "they'll do this and this'll happen". load of BS

:blink: Conventional weapons include the bunker buster bomb that can explode underground and that's not to mention incendiary missiles containing white phosphorous. My argument was that conventional weaponry is incredibly destructive and if it came to it, it would involve mass destruction. Some of the soviet built missiles like the Grad have an epicentre that'll destroy 36-38 squared meters but then you have the fragmentation which would be 100 and think of about 100 or so of them landing in a city. Your lack of awareness of what "conventional weaponry" includes is astounding.

None of your business and that's what the SNP do all the time

He's plainly become addicted to being a fanny and a fucking laughing stock.

:lol: I love your threads Confi

Do you even know what unanimously means?

You're making yourself look a tool here. Go to yer bed.

Yep it means in complete agreement so i suppose I should say "the majority of Scotland approved the vote to stay in the UK".

That's a fact and you can tear that apart whatever way you like but we're in the UK. Oh and that Edinburgh agreement means it'll stay that way for a looooong time :)

Starts a thread, nobody agrees with original point, spraffs a load of absolute dribble about types of weaponry; brags about Referendum result. All within two pages.

What an embarrassing mess for you Banterous. A thread titled "na na na" would've saved you of a lot of time and made you look less of a simpleton.

Starts a thread, nobody agrees with original point, spraffs a load of absolute dribble about types of weaponry; brags about Referendum result. All within two pages.

What an embarrassing mess for you Banterous. A thread titled "na na na" would've saved you of a lot of time and made you look less of a simpleton.

Nobody agrees with what? There were threads being posted about job losses etc so I countered that by pointing job retention. It's a fact.

You are the master of contradiction which HB was spot on about . You went on about your optimism for a win and all manner of other nonsense. Yeah I bragged about the result because of the type of imbecilic threads that you put together - moving gifs showing Yes and No voters reactions. Actually that was the most stupid thread I've seen on here. As for time, i never read any of your posts aside from your really pathetic ones that are directed at other posters.

I've a feeling we're going to have a DeeGas style situation where everyone eventually has enough and asks for him to be banned but he inexplicably won't be until the summer of 2015.

HB was wrong. i think there are quite a few of you.

When I was in the Navy, I fucking hated working in Faslane.

Helensburgh was a shite run ashore as well.

Sorry - carry on folks.

Archived