St J DVD

Nothing against the season (before my time), but I just think it's a bit ridiculous for us to be listing runners-up as 'honours'.

League wins, Cup wins etc are all that should be on there

That was an epic season. We got over 5000 at the home and away games v Ayr utd in the old second division (third tier), we thumped them both times but they won the league in the end. The last game over 2500 to clinch promotion at muirton v Arbroath (willie watters hat-trick??). The pitch invasion amassed round the stand where the players came out in the seated bit and all threw their shirts to the fans. I caught the late Gary thompsons top and another lad got a hand on it, in the end he offered me a fiver and being a poor schoolboy I accepted !! :(

If you think things are tight now, in Tuesdays PA I'm sure they were talking about the club being unhappy with the players as they'd have to buy new strips!!

That was a great season, brought us back out the doldrums and is definitely worth a mention in the honours..but I accept I am very bias on this!

Sorry, completely irrelevant to the topic.

I completely agree a DVD should have been brought out, it's so much easier to produce things like this these days, and can't believe there hasn't been talk of one yet. Don't really understand the issue of it being raised here to be honest.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youve said it was for Saimts fans though, how many Saints fans wouldnt look at a new post in the Transfer thread?

May I remind you all, that on top of the majestic 'Season To Remember' , we also released a DVD for the challenge cup win.

This thread is fucking hilarious though, I fully expect a DVD for Christmas, in fact I'm almost certain of it.

Excellent point re the challenge cup DVD.

I'm sure when the club do bother their arse to get a DVD out it will be decent, but will it hold a candle to Dr Goals demolition of Sol Bamba? I doubt it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to confirm everybody there WILL BE a St Johnstone DVD.

Cup Final DVD programmed to be release in time for Christmas (Ross Cunningham).

- Delay in DVD because of consents being obtained from SFA etc.

As you may remember there was a lot of mystery surrounding the potential creation of a cup final DVD and many people, including myself and RandomGuy, were not amused. We can only assume Mr Cunningham saw this desperate plea and made it his mission to deliver the goods. For that, I thank him. Christmas Day can't come soon enough :angel

So the SFA's lack of budget info fucked up our transfer activity resulting in us not getting the players we wanted and the SFA's lack of urgency prevented us from gaining much needed income from DVD sales? Sounds legit. The legal expertise of one of our directors should have sprung into action by now then.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived