Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

@Rowan daughter is named after Simba's burd in the lion king. 

:lol:not quiet but she’s about as ferrel as a lion!

Niamh is one I was talking about in that particular post!

My ex husbands new baby has whatever the name of gandalffs ring is as her middle name! 

Not a stupid name by any stretch but in the hospital after he was born  my Canadian wife chose the name William for our son. I didn't have the energy or the inclination after the emotional roller coaster that is watching your first child come into the world to explain the negative connotations having a name like that and coming from a Protestant family ( I am staunch btw, a staunch atheist but unfortunately you can't choose your heritage).
I decided I liked the name and we went with it as he will be growing up in Canada and won't have to navigate the sectarian minefield I did growing up. That doesn't stop idiots on social media commenting on posts with gems like "Yaas wee king Billy WATP" and making references to Prince William which annoys me almost as much as I am also a republican (unfortunately that also happens over here but not to the same degree as it would back home).
The posts were removed and I explained the reasons for doing so. Some understood, some didn't but over time the majority of these people have been removed my friends/contact lists and I no longer have anything to do with them for various reasons, but mainly because of the sectarian shite that has been posted now that Rangers are back in the big league and competing (I know) with Celtic.
There are a higher percentage of simple minded fuckwits in the Old Firm support than most other clubs, that can't be denied but  people who are otherwise intelligent, functioning members of society can't stop themselves from indulging in this kind of scumbaggery and it really makes me sad (I include some of my own family in both of these brackets).

I love my city but I'm glad my son won't grow up there.

He will be encouraged to support Rangers because that's his Dad's team and I will take him to Ibrox when he is old enough but he will be steered well clear of all the other shite that goes with it.

You can always refer to him as Liam. Or Willie. Or Will. The knuckledraggers pronounce it "Wullyum".

Was in the travel agents a few years ago when a little girl was kicking off, her mum kept shouting, Shania stop it. Shania don't do that, Shania sit still.

They then left the shop so I said 'ha Shania' to the girl behind the desk.

There were tears rolling down her face, she was pissing herself laughing when she told me their surname was Bain.

Shania Bain!

I once heard a neddy mother in the Eastgate shouting at a child named L-Jay (or something of that variant).  A couple of years back I heard another woman shouting a young child called Alan.  You don't see many Alans under the age of 30.

My grandfather claims, when he was in the army, that there was  a guy called Sergeant Major or Major Sergeant or something like that (can't quite remember!).  And before anyone says, no that wasn't the guy's position - it was his real name!

Edited by Highland Capital