Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Met my bosses son about a month ago, and was introduced him has "Slippery this Email", i shook my head and say "Email, wtf" 
Thai have nicknames, this is his for the rest of his life, he is 16.

Sure it wasn’t just ensuring that you didn’t think he was a ladyboy as is common out there? “He male”?

Not a stupid name by any stretch but in the hospital after he was born  my Canadian wife chose the name William for our son. I didn't have the energy or the inclination after the emotional roller coaster that is watching your first child come into the world to explain the negative connotations having a name like that and coming from a Protestant family ( I am staunch btw, a staunch atheist but unfortunately you can't choose your heritage).

I decided I liked the name and we went with it as he will be growing up in Canada and won't have to navigate the sectarian minefield I did growing up. That doesn't stop idiots on social media commenting on posts with gems like "Yaas wee king Billy WATP" and making references to Prince William which annoys me almost as much as I am also a republican (unfortunately that also happens over here but not to the same degree as it would back home).

The posts were removed and I explained the reasons for doing so. Some understood, some didn't but over time the majority of these people have been removed my friends/contact lists and I no longer have anything to do with them for various reasons, but mainly because of the sectarian shite that has been posted now that Rangers are back in the big league and competing (I know) with Celtic.

There are a higher percentage of simple minded fuckwits in the Old Firm support than most other clubs, that can't be denied but  people who are otherwise intelligent, functioning members of society can't stop themselves from indulging in this kind of scumbaggery and it really makes me sad (I include some of my own family in both of these brackets).

I love my city but I'm glad my son won't grow up there.

He will be encouraged to support Rangers because that's his Dad's team and I will take him to Ibrox when he is old enough but he will be steered well clear of all the other shite that goes with it.

Edited by The Equalizer

2 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Not a stupid name by any stretch but in the hospital after he was born  my Canadian wife chose the name William for our son. I didn't have energy or the inclination after the emotional roller coaster that is watching your first child come into the world to explain the negative connotations having a name like that and coming from a Protestant family ( I am staunch btw, a staunch atheist but unfortunately you can't choose your heritage).

I decided I liked the name and we went with it as he will be growing up in Canada and won't have to navigate the sectarian minefield I did growing up. That doesn't stop idiots on social media commenting on posts with gems like "Yaas wee king Billy WATP" and making references to Prince William which annoys me almost as much as I am also a republican (unfortunately that also happens over here but not to the same degree as it would back home).

The posts were removed and I explained the reasons for doing so. Some understood, some didn't but over time the majority of these people have been removed my friends/contact lists and I no longer have anything to do with them for various reasons but mainly because of the sectarian shite that has been posted now that Rangers are back in the big league and competing (I know) with Celtic.

There are a higher percentage of simple minded fuckwits in the Old Firm support than most other clubs, that can't be denied but  people who are otherwise intelligent, functioning members of society can't stop themselves from indulging in this kind of scumbaggery and it really makes me sad (I include some of my own family in both of these brackets).

He will be encouraged to support Rangers because that's his Dad's team and I will take him to Ibrox when he is old enough but he will be steered well clear of all the other shite that goes with it.

Great post

HH

:whistle

2 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Is there not a local Canadian team?

3 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Not a stupid name by any stretch but in the hospital after he was born  my Canadian wife chose the name William for our son. I didn't have energy or the inclination after the emotional roller coaster that is watching your first child come into the world to explain the negative connotations having a name like that and coming from a Protestant family ( I am staunch btw, a staunch atheist but unfortunately you can't choose your heritage).

The posts were removed and I explained the reasons for doing so. Some understood, some didn't but over time the majority of these people have been removed my friends/contact lists and I no longer have anything to do with them for various reasons but mainly because of the sectarian shite that has been posted now that Rangers are back in the big league and competing (I know) with Celtic.

Which Rangers though? The one that ceased to be, the current one or which ever one your wife says?

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is there not a local Canadian team?

Vancouver White Caps are 4 hours away. I think I'll have a hard enough time getting him into 'Soccer' never mind Rangers tbh.

23 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Which Rangers though? The one that ceased to be, the current one or which ever one your wife says?

Which ever one the wife says obviously.

Not a stupid name by any stretch but in the hospital after he was born  my Canadian wife chose the name William for our son. I didn't have the energy or the inclination after the emotional roller coaster that is watching your first child come into the world to explain the negative connotations having a name like that and coming from a Protestant family ( I am staunch btw, a staunch atheist but unfortunately you can't choose your heritage).
The posts were removed and I explained the reasons for doing so. Some understood, some didn't but over time the majority of these people have been removed my friends/contact lists and I no longer have anything to do with them for various reasons, but mainly because of the sectarian shite that has been posted now that Rangers are back in the big league and competing (I know) with Celtic.

^^ Grand master of the ludge

6 minutes ago, Finch road said:
5 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

^^ Grand master of the ludge

Is this your online persona or are you a p***k in real life?

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I hate to tell you this but if you think you can go to Ibrox and somehow avoid any unsavoriness you might have been away for too long.

Is there a football ground in the UK where you can avoid unsavoriness? Engaging in bigotry is not a pre-requisite of being a Rangers fan, you don't have to participate.

Just now, The Equalizer said:

Is there a football ground in the UK where you can avoid unsavoriness? Engaging in bigotry is not a pre-requisite of being a Rangers fan, you don't have to participate.

Two different issues.  You can go to many grounds, including on derby day, and witness an atmosphere nowhere near as unsavoury as Ibrox during a ‘normal’ match.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Two different issues.  You can go to many grounds, including on derby day, and witness an atmosphere nowhere near as unsavoury as Ibrox during a ‘normal’ match.

I don't disagree, all I'm saying is you don't have to take part. There's plenty of people who attend Ibrox every second week who don't participate in it. We don't self police anywhere near as much as we ought to but it does happen, I'm sure it happens at Celtic Park also.

Edited by The Equalizer

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
There's two kids in the wee ones nursery, brothers, called Chase and Ace. Brutal.

Are they off paw patrol ? Wankers

I heard that someone I went to school with named their kid after a pokemon, didn't ask which one.

27 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

I don't disagree, all I'm saying is you don't have to take part. There's plenty of people who attend Ibrox every second week who don't participate in it. We don't self police anywhere near as much as we ought to but it does happen, I'm sure it happens at Celtic Park also.

I don’t think the majority of Sevco fans are bigots and arseholes; I don’t think it’s even a huge minority.   However it’s more of a significant minority than most of us would like.

FWIW I wouldn’t imagine that the majority of folk would associate the name Bill with Rangers fans.  Can’t see Billy Joel being one.

16 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

I heard that someone I went to school with named their kid after a pokemon, didn't ask which one.

It would be comical at the tuck shop.

'Pick a chew'

'Aye, that's me'

'No, pick a chew'

'Aye, that's me'

'FFS'

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It would be comical at the tuck shop.

'Pick a chew'

'Aye, that's me'

'No, pick a chew'

'Aye, that's me'

'FFS'

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Jiggly puff?

I'll have to find out now.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think the majority of Sevco fans are bigots and arseholes; I don’t think it’s even a huge minority.   However it’s more of a significant minority than most of us would like.

FWIW I wouldn’t imagine that the majority of folk would associate the name Bill with Rangers fans.  Can’t see Billy Joel being one.

This is exclusive to Rangers fans. What really got to me was that people thought it was part of my reason for choosing the name, I felt that I had to qualify it by saying it was my wifes suggestion but then I decided I shouldn't pander to idiots. You can't fix stupid.

Edited by The Equalizer