Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Friend of mine worked in the passport office for a spell, doing the interviews for first time applicants. Goes in for his lunch one day and one of the girls who did the same job was crumpled over a table in tears of laughter. She had been interviewing a 17 year old boy, and getting any sort of conversation out of him was tough going. She finally got him to chat a little, he was unemployed and she asked how he spent his days.

"Play the XBox. I spend a fair bit of time with my sister and her wee boy."

"What's his name.?"

"Spartacus."Screenshot_20200228-054616_Chrome.jpeg

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The correct spelling was Le-Ah. One registered in 2010, another early 90s.

Screenshot_20200227-224859.thumb.jpg.9983800fae65dcdc6dd1f6613a76c628.jpg

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Friend of mine worked in the passport office for a spell, doing the interviews for first time applicants. Goes in for his lunch one day and one of the girls who did the same job was crumpled over a table in tears of laughter. She had been interviewing a 17 year old boy, and getting any sort of conversation out of him was tough going. She finally got him to chat a little, he was unemployed and she asked how he spent his days.

"Play the XBox. I spend a fair bit of time with my sister and her wee boy."

"What's his name.?"

"Spartacus."Screenshot_20200228-054616_Chrome.jpeg

Glad to see units of less than one on the axes. Inclusive. 

On 27/02/2020 at 19:25, Tony Ferrino said:

My wife is a primary school teacher and is currently teaching a 6 year old called Carter. The parents can't have much knowledge of the early 90's indie music scene.

I know of someone who had a child by that name, but for some reason named him 'Karter'.

Noticed a few kids called Cassidy in the news of late.  Never good news of course.

Eta: had a quick look at that website for my name and that of my brother: 

Names.thumb.JPG.795aa7737829f2e601e801222cdd523b.JPG

In 20 years time, kids will think about us like I think about the likes of Arthur, Albert etc.  There's a happy thought.

Also noticed that it's probably not a great idea to deface property with "Rogan was hear" when there were a maximum of 4 Rogans registered per year up until 2014.  That should be pretty easy to narrow down within a specific suburb.  :lol:

Edited by Hedgecutter

Noticed a few kids called Cassidy in the news of late.  Never good news of course.
Eta: had a quick look at that website for my name and that of my brother: 
Names.thumb.JPG.795aa7737829f2e601e801222cdd523b.JPG
In 20 years time, kids will think about us like I think about the likes of Arthur, Albert etc.  There's a happy thought.

Also noticed that it's probably not a great idea to deface property with "Rogan was hear" when there were a maximum of 4 Rogans registered per year up until 2014.  That should be pretty easy to narrow down within a specific suburb.  :lol:

^^^hiya Gary, Barry, Kevin or Stephen, hiya pal!

24 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

It's not just the schemies and nedettes that pull out ridiculous names for their bambinos :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8082203/Poshest-names-newspaper-births-columns-online-hit.html

Don't know what's funnier, somebody calling their wean Zebedee Ebenezer or the article about poshos being written by a Chantalle.

Hope Zebedee was a Spring baby.