P&B General Election - Game

Dear electorate,

Do you follow a team with an under-represented support? Are you sick of shoddy journalism and media bias? Do you wish some posters on P&B would step away from the keyboard, without the hassle of having to set 200 people to "ignore"?

I might just be your man. David set the scene in one sentence but I'd be delighted to introduce myself and my party to you in much more detail.

A few words on my ideas on each topic:

Football- my vision is of a more inclusive environment for the fans, where we listen to the mass public opinion and treat fans like any other institution treats its customers. As well as this I'll be striving to improve community involvement across the country to use the power of football to its maximum potential, develop young players at all levels and give the public every reason to go out and support their local teams.

Media- without limiting freedom of speech there has to be more equality and way less bias all over the media, and I'll be handling that, but my big idea is getting rid of the old "journalism by numbers" from reporters who smell of cheap cider and stale fag smoke, and starting regional production houses and press offices across the country to encourage more talented people of all ages into the media, and more investment, column inches and air time for said talent.

P&B- I'll be doing more to put the posters first, starting with a review of advertising policy and lucrative incentives for high-quality posting, as well as keeping tabs on trolls and aliases and introducing a Sin Bin hierarchy for different levels of offenders.

Partly to keep you in suspense, but mostly to stop the other parties thieving my ideas, I haven't gone too far into my policy list but I can assure you I've got plenty of exciting stuff in mind already. I can also guarantee that while that outline makes my party look a little bit dour and serious there the fun stuff will come when our manifesto is launched. Again, without saying too much too soon, I also have a vision of tying all of these areas together into a big plan that will benefit all three.

As leader of my party I'll run an efficient ship with a clear direction and a set of principles defined by all its crew, give my party style, substance and personality, and keep things light and fun in what promises to be an "emotive" game (even without the participation of xbl.) In my members I'm looking for good humour, team spirit, eloquence, brutal honesty and creative input, but above all things commitment to the cause. I need you on P&B most days for discussing and campaigning so that our party is in the best shape possible, our manifesto is seen far and wide, and come election day we'll be prepared for government.

As well as loyal members I'll be looking to fill the following cabinet positions:

Deputy Leader

Shadow Minister for Scottish Football

Shadow Minister for Scottish Media

Shadow Minister for Pie and Bovril

Yours,

Albino

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Party names please!

Not "Birthday Party" or "X-mas Party" either...

We will initially be operating as the "You seem upset" party but the party members will be consulted on any potential name change they may wish.

First policy for P&B, the biggest heed the baws on the site's usernames up for review by everyone else on a weekly basis.

The initial changes will be thus:

Milesy - Jobbyslinger Magee

Seamus - Londonderry Bhoy

AWRA - Seamus

After this, any notable alias accounts and/or Heads Gone of the Week Winners will enter a weekly public consultation for name review.

What we already have good people of P&B, is junior thickos scrambling around in the knowledge that they're either getting their name changed or kicked out altogether. This is the kind of positive, progressive change on offer, regardless of which of the two candidates you vote for.

I will of course, present a full manifesto at Conference (which will be held in Marbs btw) but rest assured, a new era of P&B is upon us.

Itzdrk party - seems to be all about kicking the minorities, under the flag of "progression". Germany 1920 comes to mind.

Dece Party - ffs

Bino Party - that opening statement was straight out the John Major great speeches. I read it, wish i never.

As an expat do I get to vote?? or even get involved?

Before receiving the democratic input of my members, provisionally I'd like to name my party after someone who I believe embodies football, media and Pie and Bovril. A symbol of who we all can be, a living reminder that greatness is possible, the very sight of whom instils belief in a better world.

I hereby announce the inauguration of The KLOPP PARTY.

post-33771-0-92509400-1413422066_thumb.p

Jurgen_Klopp_2477607b.jpg

Archived