QOS v Falkirk

More hit than miss though.

The only "shock" result was the defeat to Cowden surely?

Given how Livingston have fallen away a little, after the three games with them I expected them to closer to the top 4, the home draw with them is a disappointing result. Not a shock, though, as you say.

We've given both Hearts and Rangers a decent game, beaten Hibs and should have won at the Falkirk Stadium. Given the players we've had out, I dont see how the first quarter can be seen as anything other than "hit"

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't claim that we've done anything other than well over the first quarter, given how many players we've been missing for all of it.

However, as everyone says, the Cowdenbeath game was something of a disaster. Similarly, we let Livingston away during the second half at Palmerston. Individual errors cost us a result at Ibrox and very nearly did the same at Kirkcaldy. And of course we drew when we last faced this Falkirk side that we're apparently now strong favourites against.

As I said at the start of the post, we're doing pretty well, all things considered. I will be delighted if we can beat Falkirk on Saturday though and I still see the clash being a close, difficult one, which we may well lose.

Could Mcguffie be coming in at right back as a trialist on sat? He is training again today with the 1st team squad.

I hope not.

I like McGuffie, but I'd rather see us muddling along with make-shift back fours as we've had to all season.

Early last season, McGuffie looked well past it and his continuing inclusion until Fleshersgate, was a factor in our rotten start.

Livingston look to be out 'bogey team' this season, we always seem to struggle against one side every season. Hopefully that can change but having played them thrice already, I can see another draw coming.

Anyways back to Saturday, I wouldn't have us as strong favourites. But certainly a game we should be looking to win, if said players are back I see no reason why we shouldn't after matching them at the Falkirk stadium.

As for guff, please give it up...as much I think he's a legend, his days at this level were numbered even last season.

Could Mcguffie be coming in at right back as a trialist on sat? He is training again today with the 1st team squad.

Trialists are not allowed at Championship level, only in the bottom two divisions. And in any event McGuffie signed for Gretna, he's not currently a free agent.

I'm quietly confident and will be even more so if Durnan makes it back, but how come so many Bairns are writing their team off?

probably because our two best players (kingsley & mcgrandles) have been sold & been replaced by not being replaced...OTJ is one of the biggest shitebags ive seen on a pitch & cant pass worth a f**k anyway...i have no idea how he played for wales. queens never seem to sell anyone for any money have half our average gate & yet still seem in a far better position. there is no doubt we will lose & queens will finish above us this season...for the first time in a long time

probably because our two best players (kingsley & mcgrandles) have been sold & been replaced by not being replaced...OTJ is one of the biggest shitebags ive seen on a pitch & cant pass worth a f**k anyway...i have no idea how he played for wales. queens never seem to sell anyone for any money have half our average gate & yet still seem in a far better position. there is no doubt we will lose & queens will finish above us this season...for the first time in a long time

I think you pessimism ahead of Saturday is a bit extreme, but leaving that aside, what do you put your perceived current ills down to?

Is it a question of the entire way the club's set up?

Is it due to Houstie's evident shortcomings?

Is it both?

I think you pessimism ahead of Saturday is a bit extreme, but leaving that aside, what do you put your perceived current ills down to? Is it a question of the entire way the club's set up? Is it due to Houstie's evident shortcomings? Is it both?

signings nowhere near good enough...defensive approach with loy on his own up front...except for when smith has been there... then he would be better off on his own. whole ethos of the club is wrong...we should be trying to build a team to compete not constantly flogging off the next promising youngster with no idea/no attempt to replace them with anything like the same quality. we now exist as a vehicle for the directors to try to claw back their mistakes by selling players...a successful team is very much a secondary consideration

signings nowhere near good enough...defensive approach with loy on his own up front...except for when smith has been there... then he would be better off on his own. whole ethos of the club is wrong...we should be trying to build a team to compete not constantly flogging off the next promising youngster with no idea/no attempt to replace them with anything like the same quality. we now exist as a vehicle for the directors to try to claw back their mistakes by selling players...a successful team is very much a secondary consideration

I wonder what Hamilton are doing differently to Falkirk. Of all the teams in the country, these two are standouts in terms of the players how have come through and been sold on. Its the model most, if not all, lower league teams aspire to. Hamilton sit top of the Premiership with much smaller crowds while Falkirk appear to be going backwards in the Championship, albeit early days in terms of this season.

I wonder what Hamilton are doing differently to Falkirk. Of all the teams in the country, these two are standouts in terms of the players how have come through and been sold on. Its the model most, if not all, lower league teams aspire to. Hamilton sit top of the Premiership with much smaller crowds while Falkirk appear to be going backwards in the Championship, albeit early days in terms of this season.

I'd throw Livingston in there too. In fact Livi have a better "recent" record on doing so than Accies do. It's now four years since McCarthy, Easton and McArthur moved from Accies.

I'd throw Livingston in there too. In fact Livi have a better "recent" record on doing so than Accies do. It's now four years since McCarthy, Easton and McArthur moved from Accies.

I did think of Livi when I typed that. They would be on the Falkirk side, though, so I left them out

The main difference is Hamilton haven't sold their two best players each year.

The main difference is Hamilton haven't sold their two best players each year.

And, they have invested wisely from their earlier sales, placing the emphasis on building a decent team, with managers who knew what players were required to fight their way out of this division.

Compare with Falkirk, who don't appear to have made the right investments, chosen rookie managers, and flogged our best players whenever a reasonable offer was made.

Compare with Falkirk, who don't appear to have made the right investments, chosen rookie managers, and flogged our best players whenever a reasonable offer was made.

Right now though, it's Hamilton that have the rookie boss as they hit the heights, while you lot muddle around with a tried and tested manager, albeit one who's a bit of a clown.

As long as your out goings are less than your income you won't have a problem. It's quite easy really.

That would have been nice, but no.

There was nothing wrong with how the pitch played last year but it looked rubbish. The company who laid it didnt want to leave it like that, particularly with the increased attention on the Championship this season. Wouldnt have been particularly good for business. So, they relaid it for nothing.

Its only the top layer that was replaced but we got a much better looking pitch that plays even better than last year for free :)

Holy fu&k! 50k+ of work to make it look good. Hahahaha best one yet.

I told you last season it was getting relaid in the summer because they made a James Hunt of it.

I look forward to seeing now it is pretty.

Post of the year

Stupid if you ask me.

Such costs would be small and it's nice to be hospitable in offering our guests some choice.

In my view, it also improves the match day experience to have spectators on all four sides of the ground.

Have they cleared the six inches of moss from the terrace? Just think it could have been used to improve that ugly pitch too.................. Hahahaha Still cant bleieve that post!!

Holy fu&k! 50k+ of work to make it look good. Hahahaha best one yet.

I told you last season it was getting relaid in the summer because they made a James Hunt of it.

I look forward to seeing now it is pretty.

Post of the year

We should just have asked you to test it in the first place and all would have been well.

Hopefully it will meet your strict criteria and you can sign it off on Saturday.

Archived