Roy Keane

scottsdad

I actually think Roy Keane is more understanding than he lets on

I can't make up my mind whether he's playing the part to sell the books or not. On balance I think he is actually a bit of a nasty, based on some of the stuff on the field and in the tunnels and dressing rooms, but I can't help warming to him. We need characters like him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilbane was bricking it interviewing Keane on football focus

keane comes across as a self important dick.he disgraced himself with Ireland, Kilbanes reaction to Keanes "you where there dont you remember" line says it all...Kilbane was obviously thinking...Aye I do remember it , you were a fanny.

keane comes across as a self important dick.he disgraced himself with Ireland, Kilbanes reaction to Keanes "you where there dont you remember" line says it all...Kilbane was obviously thinking...Aye I do remember it , you were a fanny.
*were.

^^still raging he knocked back the Celtic job

I love the fact that Gordon Strachan utterly owned him.

Quotes here:

Real Madrid offered me a year and a half. Emilio Butragueno made the call and said ‘Roy, we’ll be glad to have you’.

“I met David Moyes at his house and was impressed with what he wanted for Everton.

“When a club is interested the manager generally sells it to you.

“I met Gordon Strachan in London at Dermot Desmond’s house. Gordon told me ‘I’m not really worried if you sign for us or not. We’re okay without you.’ So I said to myself ‘F*** him, I’m signing’

“When I phoned Gordon at the end of the season to tell him I was going to have to call it a day because of my hip Gordon went ‘All right, it’s for the best’. And I was saying to myself ‘Try and persuade me, for f***’s sake. At least pretend’.”

Yep.

I like how he's indignant at Strachan, when he was proven completely right.

I love the fact that Gordon Strachan utterly owned him.

Quotes here:

Real Madrid offered me a year and a half. Emilio Butragueno made the call and said ‘Roy, we’ll be glad to have you’.

“I met David Moyes at his house and was impressed with what he wanted for Everton.

“When a club is interested the manager generally sells it to you.

“I met Gordon Strachan in London at Dermot Desmond’s house. Gordon told me ‘I’m not really worried if you sign for us or not. We’re okay without you.’ So I said to myself ‘F*** him, I’m signing’

“When I phoned Gordon at the end of the season to tell him I was going to have to call it a day because of my hip Gordon went ‘All right, it’s for the best’. And I was saying to myself ‘Try and persuade me, for f***’s sake. At least pretend’.”

So is Keane saying he turned down Real Madrid to sign for Celtic just so he could spite someone?

Yip, definitely not an absolute w****r then. :lol:

A quote from Roy (loyal to former team mates)Keane a couple of years ago .......

It doesn't bother me too much what he has to say about me but to constantly criticise other players at the club who brought him a lot of success, I find very, very strange … I just don't think the manager needs to do that.

"I'm not sure how many books he has written now but he has to draw the line eventually to say: 'Listen, these players have all been top servants to Man United.' And a lot of these players helped the manager win lots of trophies, so imagine if we never won a trophy what he would have said. We brought success to the club, we gave it everything we had when we were there. It's just part of modern life now that people like to do books and criticise their ex-players."

Archived