Roy Keane

scottsdad

From his autobiography

I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be fucking signing that.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/07/roy-keane-abba-robbie-savage-ellis-short-pablo-counago

Quality

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walters is a wanted man

Jon Walters wanted to leave. We were four or five games into the season. Hed heard that Stoke were interested in him. I said: Jon, I havent had a call from anybody. He came back a few days later. Theyre definitely after me. I said: Ive heard nothing. If theres a bid, Ill tell you. Ive nothing to hide from you. You can ring the owner. I dont do the business deals. Im not having this. There was effing and blinding, a bit of shoving. Why dont you fucking believe me? He was sold to Stoke a week later. Weve shook hands since.

:lol:

The best one has to be...

"“My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’

"“My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’

Does he expect someone to take the Nike tag off for him beforehand or something?

Sometimes i think he's an absolute p***k but he is somewhat entertaining. I think he is someone who wants things done his own way and is very confident and driven but is let down by his own stubbornness and lack of consideration for others. I think he could be a good manager and has good potential but I'm pretty sure he will intimidate his players and those around him far too much to make it.

I think he's great entertainment and I'm he never took the Celtic manager because I'd have to hate him.

Watching him last season doing the Champions Leagues games was hilarious, the comments and looks he was giving Chilles had me in stitches :lol:

Thought he was going to rip his head off.

Reads as if 'really good guy' was put in as an afterthought!

Roy Keane on Showering at Man United:

"we'd always brag about the size of our cocks. Mine is pretty average to be honest. Nicky Butt has the biggest cock you've ever seen. He'd waddle around the showers doing the fucking windmill at people. Poor Gary Neville though. He always showered with his back to the other lads. One day I grabbed him, and spun him around to have a gander. The poor fucker's got a little button mushroom. I've seen more meat on a vegan lunch menu"

He really does hate Gary Neville.

Archived