Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find any Scot that detests the sight of a kilt as a form of self loathing for their place of birth.

The kilt has nothing to do with the place of my birth, or indeed the place of birth for the vast majority of Scots. The vast majority of Scots have rightly looked down upon kilts as the dress of 1) utter wankers and 2) teuchters for centuries.

Well I heard it.

It was laughable. Really embarassing.

Apparently New Zealand doesn't exist though, cos I've never seen it.

Embarassing if it did happen, I don't remember though.

I heard once a Scotland fan jumped in a fountain as well. Shut the SFA down imo.

I don't mind them at weddings.

It's just attention seeking fuddery at the football though. Which is really the raison d'etre for the "army".

Same reason that fans of other international teams wear things related to their country. England fans dress up as Knights sometimes but I don't see people shitting themselves at that.

Ayr Utd supporter

Why would you live in Ayrshire AGAIN? Suggests you did before , so you are no Glaswegian. Moving there doesn't make you one of them.

Small town , small mind.

Being born and raised for half my life here by them might make me a Glasweigan though,not my fault my Dad wanted to move away was it?

I am back were I belong this is were I call my home always did always will proud to be surrounded by yes voters to and of the Commonwealth games

Was not surprised we won the best games ever not for one bit we are the friendly City,and if anybody has the chip on there shoulder its you

Same reason that fans of other international teams wear things related to their country. England fans dress up as Knights sometimes but I don't see people shitting themselves at that.

Do you wear a kilt normally when you go out for an evening?

If not, why not?

Embarassing if it did happen, I don't remember though.

I heard once a Scotland fan jumped in a fountain as well. Shut the SFA down imo.

Convenient you don't remember.

Probably lying in your own pish somewhere, singing about Jimmy Hill at the top of your voice. No harm in that really. Big day out in the big city, your bound to get a wee bit over-excited and cranky when you get tired.

Good sleep in the car seat on the way home and I bet you were right as rain. Weeks and weeks of stories to tell when you got back to the Stab Inn at Teuctermuchty about how we slaughtered Liechtenstein and pissed all over their anthem.

Great day oot.

Do you wear a kilt normally when you go out for an evening?

If not, why not?

I would for a wedding, a Burns Supper, Hogmanay sometimes.

I wore one on my 18th and my 21st as well.

And guess what, some Scotland games as well :o

Normal evenings, no I wouldn't.

The Kilt Police :lol:

Probably lying in your own pish somewhere, singing about Jimmy Hill at the top of your voice. No harm in that really. Big day out in the big city, your bound to get a wee bit over-excited and cranky when you get tired.

Good sleep in the car seat on the way home and I bet you were right as rain. Weeks and weeks of stories to tell when you got back to the Stab Inn at Teuctermuchty about how we slaughtered Liechtenstein and pissed all over their anthem.

Great day oot.

So much hate :(

I have literally never done any of those things :)

Great day oot.

So were did you get dragged up bet its was somewhere posh lie Newton Mearns or Bearsden or Mount Vernon

Vast majority, vikingTON, away and f**k :lol:

It's a historical fact. The vast majority of Scots live and have lived in the prosperous lowlands, where the kilt was never considered appropriate dress. Both the kilt and its actually historic ancestor were looked upon as the dress of barbarous Highlanders who couldn't afford proper clothes. The modern kilt was developed as a 19th Century symbol of Highland dress, not Scottish dress: the majority of Scots are not Highlanders, and the kilt remains for those prosperous Scots the sole preserve of wankers.

Gutted for you.

Being born and raised for half my life here by them might make me a Glasweigan though,not my fault my Dad wanted to move away was it?

I am back were I belong this is were I call my home always did always will proud to be surrounded by yes voters to and of the Commonwealth games

Was not surprised we won the best games ever not for one bit we are the friendly City,and if anybody has the chip on there shoulder its you

Type that again in English and he might be able to construct a response. Moving to Glasgow hasn't helped your education much.

It's a historical fact. The vast majority of Scots live and have lived in the prosperous lowlands, where the kilt was never considered appropriate dress. Both the kilt and its actually historic ancestor were looked upon as the dress of barbarous Highlanders who couldn't afford proper clothes. The modern kilt was developed as a 19th Century symbol of Highland dress, not Scottish dress: the majority of Scots are not Highlanders, and the kilt remains for those prosperous Scots the sole preserve of wankers.

Gutted for you.

Aye, cheers for the history lesson, I am well aware of all of that.

I think it's safe to say these days the Kilt is happily considered our national dress nationwide. I don't know any bloke in real life that has a problem with them.

Can't believe this discussion is even taking place to be honest.

Gutted for all of us.

Aye, cheers for the history lesson, I am well aware of all of that.

I think it's safe to say these days the Kilt is happily considered our national dress nationwide. I don't know any bloke in real life that has a problem with them.

Can't believe this discussion is even taking place to be honest.

Gutted for all of us.

Well given you claimed to not now that the Liechtenstein and Lithuanian national anthems were booed by the Tartan Army, I don't think we can take your observations seriously.

So were did you get dragged up bet its was somewhere posh lie Newton Mearns or Bearsden or Mount Vernon

Whoaaa

he's onto people with a bit of money now. Move over English people its the West of Scotland middle classes who are now in the firing line. The ones who pay their council tax so he's got a library to sit in all day, posting on here.