Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I said earlier, it's a useful indicator of wankerdom, without the tedious necessity of conversation to establish this.

And you greatly overestimate the number of tartan wearing fuds that actually go to games. Yes, there is the pish-stained jaikey element of the support, but there are also a much greater number of "normal" fans, who attend because they like the football.

So if you wear a kilt to a Scotland game you are not normal?

Eta: I'm not greatly overestimating anything I go to the games and see it myself :lol:

What's up with you? Do you not have anything else in life that gives you pleasure that doesn't involve being a total boring wind up whinging c**t?

You'll be the type of boy that will be the only one who doesn't turn up to a fancy dress party wearing fancy dress cause you're too bothered what everyone thinks of you. When in reality you look like more of a c**t for not having a laugh and joining in.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Only A TINY MINORITY of football fans in Scotland support Scotland?

:lol:

The Tartan Army are a tiny minority of Scottish football fans. The Scotland Supporters Club, by way of measurement, has just over 30k members.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3141

The vast majority of football fans in Scotland are not members of the Tartan Army, and clearly don't want to be associated with their pathetic displays of intolerance and buffoonery. As a Scottish football fan I'll be in attendance for my team's match tomorrow and will give the Scotland game a wide berth. Hundreds of thousands of fans do the same every international break.

Jeezis. 99 percent of weddings in Scotland are attended by wankers are they?

100% of weddings are attended by wankers anyway. But it is simply not the case that 99% of Scottish weddings involve wearing kilts - those that do, are simply confirming their w****r status for all to see.

He's from Ayrshire too isn't he!

Do you know him? Did he go to your school?

Can he get you free tickets?

No the ones I knew that went pro were from Glasgow north side,oh but am not really from Glasgow you absolute toilet

Well no it wasn't: given that when Gaelic was actually spoken in large parts of Scotland, Inverclyde's modern settlements did not exist. By the time Greenock was established as a fishing village and later Port Glasgow founded by Glaswegian merchants in the 17th Century, Gaelic hadn't been spoken for centuries.

Not that the kilt had anything to do with speaking Gaelic though; thanks for playing anyway.

Thanks. I have enjoyed myself and can I just say hi to the kids and the lads in the darts team.

The Tartan Army are a tiny minority of Scottish football fans. The Scotland Supporters Club, by way of measurement, has just over 30k members.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3141

The vast majority of football fans in Scotland are not members of the Tartan Army, and clearly don't want to be associated with their pathetic displays of intolerance and buffoonery. As a Scottish football fan I'll be in attendance for my team's match tomorrow and will give the Scotland game a wide berth. Hundreds of thousands of fans do the same every international break.

100% of weddings are attended by wankers anyway. But it is simply not the case that 99% of Scottish weddings involve wearing kilts - those that do, are simply confirming their w****r status for all to see.

The Tartan Army isn't some sort of exclusive club. It's just the name for football supporters who support Scotland to any extent they don't have to be diehard fans or go to all the games. I go with 15 people, only 4 of us are members. And yes, I'm sure there will be hundreds of thousands at tomorrow's lower league games. Wonder how many people will be supporting (either at the game or on the TV) Scotland tomorrow? Would hazard a guess that it'll be the vast majority of football fans in the country...

The Tartan Army isn't some sort of exclusive club. It's just the name for football supporters who support Scotland to any extent they don't have to be diehard fans or go to all the games. I go with 15 people, only 4 of us are members.

Well no. This is the claim desperately used by TA 'footsoldiers' in a bid to make anyone who has ever been in a Scottish pub part of their community. The TA is rather a much more distinctive group, centred around those who have regular access and travel to Scotland's away games. They are of course also in attendance for home matches.*

*Except when Scotland are pish, when they struggle to fill the ground.

And yes, I'm sure there will be hundreds of thousands at tomorrow's lower league games. Wonder how many people will be supporting (either at the game or on the TV) Scotland tomorrow? Would hazard a guess that it'll be the vast majority of football fans in the country...

There are hundreds of thousands of fans, from armchair gloryhunters to season ticket holders whose teams aren't in action this weekend. Those that are in action will see a negligible impact on attendances.

Your delusion that the vast majority of Scottish football fans will support the national team tomorrow is hilarious. The last Scotland game in Germany, a much much larger event than playing some Caucasian minnows, wasn't well viewed at all. I was in the pub while the Scotland game was on, and there were only about four folk from around forty who were actually supporting Scotland. Many more were watching the game, and could comment that Scotland had produced a credible performance - that doesn't however make them Scotland supporters.

You've made the classic mistake of assuming that people watching a sporting event in a pub are actually supporting the same outcome as yourself.

VikingTon. All I can say to you is we obviously have MASSIVELY DIFFERENT experiences and circles. I don't know one guy that likes football who does not support Scotland in any way shape or form when they are playing. Whether that's from watching it on the tele or going to games. I find it incredible to hear some of the stuff you are coming away with, but like I've said you think 100 percent of folk that go to weddings are wankers so I'll take what you've said with a pinch of salt.

100 percent of people that attend weddings are also wankers now? Jesus Christ. No point even going any further with you, what's up with all these sour faced b*****ds the day it's Friday FFS :lol:

^^^ verge of tears

Think you need to brush up on basic comprehension champ: 100% of weddings are indeed attended by wankers. As are 100% of Morton matches, or pubs. It's a fairly straightforward outcome of a lot of people congregating for an event.

It just so happens that those wankers like to mark themselves out at weddings by wearing ridiculous Highland costumes, to the immense benefit of everyone else who can safely ignore them.

^^^ verge of tears

Think you need to brush up on basic comprehension champ: 100% of weddings are indeed attended by wankers. As are 100% of Morton matches, or pubs. It's a fairly straightforward outcome of a lot of people congregating for an event.

It just so happens that those wankers like to mark themselves out at weddings by wearing ridiculous Highland costumes, to the immense benefit of everyone else who can safely ignore them.

So everyone's a w****r now?!

Think I'm getting the hang of this

Wrong wicked witches education policy and the grey man Major gimp boy of Edwina Currie

So, you are not disputing that you are intellectually challenged. Just who is to blame for it.

Well if only you could have taken control of your own life, then perhaps the world would have been your oyster, instead of the bitter, small-minded, little man outlook you have.

So, you are not disputing that you are intellectually challenged. Just who is to blame for it.

Well if only you could have taken control of your own life, then perhaps the world would have been your oyster, instead of the bitter, small-minded, little man outlook you have.

Hold on am not the type to shout about how well that I am doing over the net leave that for your ilk

VikingTon. All I can say to you is we obviously have MASSIVELY DIFFERENT experiences and circles. I don't know one guy that likes football who does not support Scotland in any way shape or form when they are playing. Whether that's from watching it on the tele or going to games. I find it incredible to hear some of the stuff you are coming away with, but like I've said you think 100 percent of folk that go to weddings are wankers so I'll take what you've said with a pinch of salt.

This is simply a lie - much in the same way as Karl Fletcher claimed to not know about the TA booing national anthems: either that or you really don't get out much. Celtic and Rangers fans are by far the biggest group of Scottish football fans in the country, and are well-known for being hostile or ambiguous to the Scottish national team, among a huge portion of their support. For reasons of a lack of interest, contempt for international football or a rightful judgement that the TA are populated by wankers, there are substantial numbers of club fans at every level of the country, who won't be supporting Scotland tomorrow. And yet again - someone watching a Scotland match on television does not make them a Scotland supporter. Especially if, err, they aren't watching to support Scotland at all.

What can clearly be gleaned from the wagon-circling mentality from the likes of yourself, is that the TA "footsoldiers" think they can identify who is a 'real' Scottish football fan and who isn't - leaving almost everyone who couldn't give a toss about the Scottish national team out of their analysis. Despite that group being the vast majority of Scottish football supporters.

It's also of course hilarious to note that so many of the most shrill TA fanboys happen to live in that great bastion of British unionism, the Highlands and north-east of Scotland.

The vast majority of Scottish football fans do not support Scotland is just absolute bullshit. :lol:

Not even going to go into the rest. You say I'm lying. Well I think you're lying to yourself by telling yourself all this.

Will leave it at that.

Also to say the majority of 'TA fanboys' come from the North East because me and Karl have commented on this is superb. :lol:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

The vast majority of Scottish football fans do not support Scotland is just absolute bullshit. :lol:

30,000 members in your supporters club from hundreds of thousands of fans. No evidence that the rest are actually quietly rooting for Scotland - which given the majority of them are OF fans who have their well-publicised international allegiances, can't stand up to even basic scrutiny.

Your move then champ.

Not even going to go into the rest. You say I'm lying. Well I think you're lying to yourself by telling yourself all this.

Either lying or not getting out much. Given your laughable claim that you don't know anyone who doesn't support the Scottish national team, you've presumably met about fifteen people in your entire life, or just everyone in your tragic TA 'unit'.

Also to say the majority of 'TA fanboys' come from the North East because me and Karl have commented on this is superb. :lol:

I reckon it's a safe bet that the majority of kilt-wearing, feather hat wearing sadacts, who before last month were foaming at the mouth about how uber-Scottish they were, do indeed come from those sort of backwaters.

Which makes much more sense, now that we've established that they're the minority element in the entrenched, British nationalist part of the country. Just like the Celtic fanbase's cringeworthy plastic Irish element stems from their self-consciousness about being a beleaguered minority in the Central Belt. Plastic Scots. :(

Edited by vikingTON

So if you wear a kilt to a Scotland game you are not normal?

Well, you are a w****r.

Think of it like personalised number plates. You are advertising to the world that you are an arsehole. Which is really performing a public service.

In my personal expierience, they're fucking wankers. Some fud in a Glengarry once had the audacity to tell me I should be a bigger Scotland fan than an ICT fan.

In 2007 I was down in Glasgow with my girlfriend at the time and Scotland were playing Georgia funnily enough (The 2-1 game). Sat in this pub having lunch and got talking to a few of the TA, this old boy with about a thousand badges on his t-shirt and a massive grey beard wades in and asked if I had a club side. Fucking idiotic question. I took great pleasure laughing in his face for about a minute. It was probably Hamish Husband. I hope it was.