Poland vs Scotland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the slagging he's taking, Whittaker saved us going 2-1 down not long after we scored. Greer looks very alert and Anya and Fletcher have been excellent.

Naismith looks a bit off the pace again though and Hutton is just showing that he's an excellent attacking full back but a bit iffy at basic defending.

All in all a decent first half. Poland don't look anything special, which is not a surprise because they are not. I reckon we might get some joy as the opens up a bit more in the second half.

Our defence is a bombscare though as Hutton demonstrated nicely for their goal.

I would take a draw at the moment.

I don't feel at all comfortable with our back line - Marshall included. Hutton has had a poor first half but the mistakes seem to be causing nervousness when they're attacking us.

In possession we're doing ok, and look pretty dangerous from time to time. Absolutely great goal - one of the best I've seen us score actually.

We have to be careful this isn't one of those games though - where we should win it but actually lose it. I see us scoring again - but how many will we concede?

Was anyone paying any attention to the Serbia v Albania game? Been cancelled as both players and fans have started brawling on the pitch with flares being thrown everywhere :lol:

I just got home and caught the last few minutes of the half on Radio 5 Live. I'm not sure who the English commentator is but he was talking about the Polish goalies, saying that they have a current Arsenal keeper playing, an ex Arsenal keeper on the bench and "Artur Boric who will be known to all Scots" as the third keeper.

Pat Nevin's reply was something like, "Poland have a history of producing good keepers whereas our goalies are only ranked in the SPL"

Did anyone else hear this or am I havering?

Wee note to Pat: We have 3 absolutely top-drawer keepers at the moment. More goal-stopping riches than I have ever known in 45 years of watching Scotland.

Archived