Poland vs Scotland

Darren Fletcher in for Maloney would be the only change I'd make with Naismith playing more on the right. Our away tactics suit us under strachan I'm less nervous about this one than I was for Georgia

I reckon we'll score at least one maybe 1-0 or 1-1 would be my guess

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Fletcher in for Maloney would be the only change I'd make with Naismith playing more on the right. Our away tactics suit us under strachan I'm less nervous about this one than I was for Georgia

I reckon we'll score at least one maybe 1-0 or 1-1 would be my guess

Dorrans would be better left and Anya right though Morrison was quite

The fact someone thinks there's an even choice between Darren Fletcher and Charlie Mulgrew makes me want to weep!

Don't see why, Mulgrew has been really good for Scotland in the holding role under strachan. He links up well with Brown and adds height to the midfield.

Fletcher isn't playing for united atm otherwise he would be in.

Better finishing and it could have been 4-0 easily. Naismith had an off day, Anya was poor but everyone else did ok.

Even though Poland won they had less shots against Germany than we did, conceded more shots than we did, and they were at home.

Tuesday might see them complacent and cocky, and hopefully Germany will unleash their fury on Ireland!

Sneaky 1-0 win for us.

Better finishing and it could have been 4-0 easily. Naismith had an off day, Anya was poor but everyone else did ok.

Even though Poland won they had less shots against Germany than we did, conceded more shots than we did, and they were at home.

Tuesday might see them complacent and cocky, and hopefully Germany will unleash their fury on Ireland!

Sneaky 1-0 win for us.

Anya was not poor he terrorised them on that side and it gave Hutton the chance to bomb forward more have not saw him get up as much before in any game

They linked up brilliantly. The simple fact was Naismith's finishing was off. On another day he could easily have had a hat-trick.

Both Fletcher and Naismith were guilty of poor finishing and (at times) poor decision making in the box. They had some nice pieces of link up play but they should be performing better than they did.

Seriously, genuinely don't understand why we're starting with Morrison and in particular Maloney when Graham Dorrans is sitting on the bench.

Morrison is the most underated player in the team. He's one of the main reasons behind us now being far more comfortable in possesion and being able to control games. Brown is great but he needs someone with a bit of composure in beside him who is comfortable on the ball, which Morrison is. Dorrans is too but not as good as Morrison.

Never been a huge fan of Maloney but at home against the diddy sides he can be a good option. He shouldn't be playing on Tuesday though.

Morrison is the most underated player in the team. He's one of the main reasons behind us now being far more comfortable in possesion and being able to control games. Brown is great but he needs someone with a bit of composure in beside him who is comfortable on the ball, which Morrison is. Dorrans is too but not as good as Morrison.

Never been a huge fan of Maloney but at home against the diddy sides he can be a good option. He shouldn't be playing on Tuesday though.

I thought Morrison did a fine job yesterday. What do people expect from him? He held the ball and kept it moving, as well as providing cover for our defence. He was in a sitting midfield position, and did his job well.

Stevie Fletcher did well - but didn't get much service.

Agree about a draw being a good result, playing a team who are going to come out and attack us should suit our system a bit better. I'm confident we can score a goal or two.

1-1 or 2-2

This.

Anya was a bit quitter yesterday but that is always going to be the case against an opposition who is quite happy to sit in and defend. He was brilliant in Germany because the game suited his game. Poland on Tuesday should be good for him.

I take it we just drop Stevie Fletcher and bring in another midfielder? Probably Darren Fletcher? Ala the Germany game? Or does Bannan come back in to provide a more compact and defensive look than Maloney?

This.

Anya was a bit quitter yesterday but that is always going to be the case against an opposition who is quite happy to sit in and defend. He was brilliant in Germany because the game suited his game. Poland on Tuesday should be good for him.

I take it we just drop Stevie Fletcher and bring in another midfielder? Probably Darren Fletcher? Ala the Germany game? Or does Bannan come back in to provide a more compact and defensive look than Maloney?

I wouldn't be against Fletcher starting, his link up play with Naisy was good. GS might go back with Naisy up top alone witch I'd also be happy with. I trust GS enough now to back whatever line up he feels is right.

I'd defo bring Bannan back in for Maloney.

Steven Fletcher had a very good game! Do these people saying he was shit actually know a fucking thing about football?!

Exact same team, if anything D.Fletcher for Morrison for more defensive cover. That's all.

Absolutely agree with you on Fletcher. I can't understand it either.

On D Fletcher coming in you really in my eyes have two options for that to happen:

1. You drop a forward in Naismith or S Fletcher. Naismith will almost undoubtably start Tuesday night OR

2. You drop a midfielder such as Maloney or Morrison however I would definitely keep Morrison for his composure and passing ability over Maloney.

Some are saying no D Fletcher and switch Maloney for Bannan. Not sure as either are about same level in my eyes eyes. I would try to keep Morrison in the team. I think he is a key player and spine of midfield now.

I am concerned about D Fletcher's match fitness in such a big game. I think he is a great player for Scotland but a trio of Brown, Morrison and a third out of Dorrans, Bannan and McArthur could do the job. Fletcher holding would allow Morrison to play his more natural role of getting forward however as he has scored one or two for Scotland in the past.

One thing is for sure as some have said. I totally trust Strachan with the ability he has at his disposal. We have pace, quality in the squad to setup as needed and if Darren plays I am sure it will be as all the players and Strachan know he can get it done.

Last note. I still wish Robert Snodgrass was fit for the game as up until the injury was in great form.

Naismith turned in a few good performances for us last year and he's definitely a first pick for the squad.

But yesterday showed that we can't rely on him as our source of goals long term. He really should have netted yesterday (did he even get a shot on target?) and I fear that it might be more goal-shy performances from him and Steven Fletcher that will cost us dearly in this group.

Naismith turned in a few good performances for us last year and he's definitely a first pick for the squad.

But yesterday showed that we can't rely on him as our source of goals long term. He really should have netted yesterday (did he even get a shot on target?) and I fear that it might be more goal-shy performances from him and Steven Fletcher that will cost us dearly in this group.

Aye the half arsed one in the 1st half and the one straight at the goalie in the 2nd half. I really rate Naismith but he should've scored, in particular the one where Fletch back heeled it to him.

Aye the half arsed one in the 1st half and the one straight at the goalie in the 2nd half. I really rate Naismith but he should've scored, in particular the one where Fletch back heeled it to him.

The back heel one was a great move, shame he didn't finish it. It's really enjoyable watching us at times now.

The back heel one was a great move, shame he didn't finish it. It's really enjoyable watching us at times now.

I agree, would've been one of the best goals we've scored in a while, Naismith should've just side footed it into the corner. Hopefully we start to see more good football with good results with it!

Ah, yes - just watched it on YouTube there. I must have been in the pisser when he had that chance.

Archived