Neil Lennon

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met Neil Lennon once, albeit briefly, and he seemed OK by me. One of those guys who's a complete psycho on the field and nice off it I suppose- Donald Park was similar.

The Bolton job seems a bit of a poisoned chalice- Dougie Freedman seemed to be doing a decent job at Palace before he went to Bolton and now he's out of a job- so we'll see what Lennon can do.

Sorry but if Lennon was such a great leader at Celtic, who had to beat who exactly to be Champions?

Come on even if you have a strong old firm in Scotland you have 50% chance of winning title if you are Rangers or Celtic manager.

Let's see what he can do with Bolton, with their problems he will be lucky to see the season out, whenever he leaves his reputation will be in tatters.

Wrong club.......wrong manager

Will be interesting to see how he does with no money, as previous posters have stated he has been a failure domestically, and should have at the very least won one treble. I hope he does well, and won't have to put up with anywhere near the shit he got whilst manager of Celtic. The Bolton job seems a bit of a poisoned chalice just now. I feel bad for Dougie Freedman as he did a good job at Palace, and his reputation will have taking a battering after being sacked by Bolton.

The annoying thing about this appointment is no marks like Vladimir Weiss and Filip Sebo fishing for love off of the Rangers fans with their embarrassing tweets.

Have Bolton got anybody that they can sell another Cahill type player they can off load for millions?

Be good to see Lennon come in for the best young Scots talent and give them a go at the championship

I know Mowbray tried to bring some of our guys in at Boro a while ago and it never worked

Just think we have better players now guys like McGinn who looks built for that league has the frame of a young Scott Brown

And if he could get Armstrong and GMS from Dundee United to play along with them that would be good

And maybe Peter Pawlet at Aberdeen could be a great number 10 type for him a perfect false nine player

Will be interesting to see how he does with no money, as previous posters have stated he has been a failure domestically, and should have at the very least won one treble. I hope he does well, and won't have to put up with anywhere near the shit he got whilst manager of Celtic. The Bolton job seems a bit of a poisoned chalice just now. I feel bad for Dougie Freedman as he did a good job at Palace, and his reputation will have taking a battering after being sacked by Bolton.

The annoying thing about this appointment is no marks like Vladimir Weiss and Filip Sebo fishing for love off of the Rangers fans with their embarrassing tweets.

I'm not on twitter, what did they say?

Have Bolton got anybody that they can sell another Cahill type player they can off load for millions?

Be good to see Lennon come in for the best young Scots talent and give them a go at the championship

I know Mowbray tried to bring some of our guys in at Boro a while ago and it never worked

Just think we have better players now guys like McGinn who looks built for that league has the frame of a young Scott Brown

And if he could get Armstrong and GMS from Dundee United to play along with them that would be good

And maybe Peter Pawlet at Aberdeen could be a great number 10 type for him a perfect false nine player

They are something like 160m in debt, they'd be getting free transfers.

They are something like 160m in debt, they'd be getting free transfers.

Fair enough could still pay more than United and Saint Mirren though in wage

Would actually love to see any Scottish midfielder get the chance to work with Lennon

Especially at a younger age as he played there in the EPL to for years

Could learn a lot from him think McGinn is even in his mould as a player hopefully with extra quality

We are only ever going to see that if he gets out of Scotland and plays against better teams

Look how well a few years at Leeds done for a guy like Snodgrass before moving

Different types of players but he was ready when he got there by playing lots of games in the championship first

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/11/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-abyss

Strange this announcement came just a day after I read this article. Anyway Phil Gartside - of the OF should come to the EPL fame - has been exposed as possibly a little bit corrupt with Englands second biggest del boy (Allar-deche) apparently raking in the bungs from agents with suspiciously Guy Ritchie esque names.

This is surely the first and only time Neil Lennon has ever walked into a situation where he is the most morally upstanding individual there. But anyway, when he left Celtic he presumably expected to get a lower level EPL or maybe a Championship big hitter pushing from promotion. The fact he has singularly failed to achieve this, and gone to basket case of a club only matched by, say, Rangers, is quite funny. It is undoubtedly a personal failure from him, which is excellent, given what a pathetic seething, bullying human being he is.

Didn't Gartside once suggest the EPL should scrap relegation, make it a closed shop?

Sort of.

He wanted a Premiership and Championship type set up with no relegation beyond the second tier.

Archived