Neil Lennon

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set to be announced as the new Bolton manager.

What happened to the queue of Premiership clubs waiting to appoint him?!

ETA Link - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/12/neil-lennon-bolton-wanderers?CMP=twt_gu

I love even now the seethe that Lennon causes people.

Anyways, who said he head a queue of premiership clubs waiting to appoint him, sounds like you might have made it up.

I love even now the seethe that Lennon causes people.

Anyways, who said he head a queue of premiership clubs waiting to appoint him, sounds like you might have made it up.

I assume then you hadn't listened to any Scottish football show on the BBC or Clyde after Lennon left Celtic?

I thought he joined Al Ittihad the other day. Obviously not.

Changed his mind apparently.

I assume then you hadn't listened to any Scottish football show on the BBC or Clyde after Lennon left Celtic?

Changed his mind apparently.

Did they say "Lennon has a queue of premierships clubs wanting to appoint him"

Really?

Somehow i'm doubting that.

Did they say "Lennon has a queue of premierships clubs wanting to appoint him"

Really?

Somehow i'm doubting that.

Well it was said that he would have his choice of top English clubs. A quick Google search brings up articles linking him to plenty of Premiership clubs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477473/Neil-Lennon-set-to-QUIT-Celtic-with-Fulham-Leicester-Norwich-and-West-Ham

Unlucky.

Well it was said that he would have his choice of top English clubs. A quick Google search brings up articles linking him to plenty of Premiership clubs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477473/Neil-Lennon-set-to-QUIT-Celtic-with-Fulham-Leicester-Norwich-and-West-Ham

Unlucky.

Who said it?, what clubs?

Who on Radio Clyde and BBC (your examples)

If one small article from the Sunday Express is the best you can offer, thats pathetic.

Why don't you just admit, instead of using the Championship thread we already have, your seethe for Lennon you just couldn't help yourself start a new thread with some cheap shop that isn't even accurate.

That is it really. How sad of you

The articles doesn't even say "top premiership clubs"

And Lennon is a target for a number of teams in English football, having been repeatedly linked with a switch south.

Just teams in English football,

With one of the example, Leicester being provided was in the Championship at the time, and the rest I wouldn't say are "top" clubs

You've failed on so many levels here.

He was never going to get a Premiership job - or at least not one that wasn't scrapping for relegation. I'm in the minority in that I think he comes across well when not directly involved in the game, and of all the MOTD mediocrities he's the most intelligent and informative. There's virtually nothing from his time in charge at Celtic however to suggest that he's a good manager. Reaching the last 16 was an achievement, domestically he was a failure though, his cup record was abysmal, especially given the state of Rangers.

Will be interesting to see how he does, particularly as Bolton are f**ked financially.

Who said it?, what clubs?

Who on Radio Clyde and BBC (your examples)

If one small article from the Sunday Express is the best you can offer, thats pathetic.

Why don't you just admit, instead of using the Championship thread we already have, your seethe for Lennon you just couldn't help yourself start a new thread with some cheap shop that isn't even accurate.

That is it really. How sad of you

The articles doesn't even say "top premiership clubs"

Just teams in English football,

With one of the example, Leicester being provided was in the Championship at the time, and the rest I wouldn't say are "top" clubs

You've failed on so many levels here.

A cheek to say anyone's "seething" after that reply :lol:

Sportsound in particular were discussing whether Lennon going to Norwich could turn Hooper's career around :lol: All I had to do was type 'Neil Lennon Norwich' into Google and there are plenty of articles linking him to Premiership and top-Championship clubs.

As it seems to have went right over your head, it was more of a dig at the sycophantic media that portrays Lennon (and McCoist, remember the "Ally to Palace" 'story' :lol:) as some kind of managerial god continually, despite his very obvious limitations. I can't really see what was in my OP that meant I hate Neil Lennon, but nice to see that you care so much 'Rico.

A cheek to say anyone's "seething" after that reply :lol:

Sportsound in particular were discussing whether Lennon going to Norwich could turn Hooper's career around :lol: All I had to do was type 'Neil Lennon Norwich' into Google and there are plenty of articles linking him to Premiership and top-Championship clubs.

As it seems to have went right over your head, it was more of a dig at the sycophantic media that portrays Lennon (and McCoist, remember the "Ally to Palace" 'story' :lol:) as some kind of managerial god continually, despite his very obvious limitations. I can't really see what was in my OP that meant I hate Neil Lennon, but nice to see that you care so much 'Rico.

I didn't say you "hate" I said the seethe it causes you, bit of a difference.

Just admit, you've shown yourself up here with this thread, nobody was claiming Lennon has a "queue of top Premiership clubs" waiting for him after he left Celtic,

Massive challenge for him, Bolton have been struggling on and off the pitch for some time now and the Championship is a pretty tough league for anyone. I actually did think he would have been in with a shout for teams like West Brom, maybe even Newcastle if that job had come up so for him to go to Bolton is a tad surprising (IMO) but in many ways it is good that he is willing to challenge himself. It will be a world away from the Celtic job so will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Will be interesting to see how he does, particularly as Bolton are f**ked financially.

Given that most of the Celtic fans I know agree he left because they wouldn't give him any money to spend, is it not strange to then join a club who are a reported £160m in debt?

Be interesting to see if he moves for wny Scottish based players in the January transfer market. Totally different footballing environment for him and less off field pressures so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a decent fist of things at the Reebok or whatever it's called now.

Archived