Dundee vs Accies

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were the better side in the 1st half, having most of the ball but didn't take the chance s that fell to us. Curier had more time than he realised and should have taken it in closer and scored but still, credit to their keeper for a fine save. Crawford and Andreu should have done better with their shots at goal too. Neither were at their best today. Dundee also passed up a sitter at the back post,

2nd half was more even up until Dundee scored. We huffed and puffed but couldn't really get in behind their defence to trouble their keeper. Bad goal to lose from the corner from our point of view and Dundee were in total control after their 2nd.

Ach well, I suppose the unbeaten run had to come to an end sooner or later and it was always likely that Dundee would do it with Hartley having Neil's number since last season. Surely that has to end sometime? TheRE was a lot of trash talking from both sides before the game (myself included) so I guess I'll have to take it on the chin and move on. Anyway, well done to the Dee on your victory. Enjoy your bragging and rights for now!

Top of the league, we're havin' a laugh!!!, top of the league, we're havin' a laugh!!!, etc, etc....

<<< :bairn

Aye I was surprised by that too although at least it shows his desire to be playing.

I reckon he's keen to stake a place in the team with ferry being injured and Thompson not being 100%.

I reckon though that he'll end up with plenty game time through the season as he'll be needed when the permacrocks break after a couple of games.

Seems to be a consistent performer and much improved under Hartley than brown.

Was in hospitality and clarkson & mcbride were supposed to come in post match. Mcbride never turned up with Irvine taking his place? Could be linked to this? (which I never noticed despite being behind the dugout)

First half, complete shitfest, curier going closest.

2nd half we absolutely schooled Hamilton who looked what they are, the exact same team we owned last season.

Slow at the back, niggly in midfield and nothing up front. They try hard and have plenty energy but unfortunately they are inferior players and it showed.

Routine win

To be honest I thought Bain looked a bit shaky in the first half today couple of times his handling wasn't great and spilled a shot or two

Don't get me wrong he has great potential and the weather/nerves probably didn't help him and I think in time he will be our number 1 but I think it's still bit early to say if he that he will be number 1 from here on in.

A draw would have been the correct result. Dundee were OK, we were OK but neither side's play merited three points. Top of the league after the first quarter is unacceptable!

To be honest I thought Bain looked a bit shaky in the first half today couple of times his handling wasn't great and spilled a shot or two

Don't get me wrong he has great potential and the weather/nerves probably didn't help him and I think in time he will be our number 1 but I think it's still bit early to say if he that he will be number 1 from here on in.

I was in the bob shankly his save from currier was good agree the wind made it tricky but over all he did ok

GGH now has 4 assists and 1 goal in his last two games, having been the MOM v Motherwell. McGowan was excellent in both, particularly yesterday where he was the best player on the park. Did someone say they couldn't play in the same team?!?

Comedy moment of the game yesterday goes to the boy in They Derry who wanted GGH to go off for Boyle at 0-0...... GGH then sets up both of our goals.

Accies very decent first half, can see why teams have struggled against them - Dundee by far the better team after the break.

Alex Neil has got to be raging at the first goal - Clarkson steps off Hendrie and the defender just lets him go then jumps under Harkins' excellent corner, really poor marking and 'Clarky' has a free header. After that there wasn't any doubt who'd win - first goal was always going to be key yesterday.

I like Dougie Imrie, niggly wee talented player who's got a decent record against Dundee - Brown spoke to him about joining Dundee when he left St Mirren - I'd have been happy to have him.

Some pics from the game http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/25-10-2014-Dundee-v-Hamilton/G0000x.c4w9sBS_c/

Hes only 21 by the Time he is 25 he will have a full cap

No dought in my mind

He's 23 in four weeks.

Scott Bain might have a career without a cap because we've got 3 brilliant keepers right now. But he'll have a very decent career regardless.

Agreed. He's got a long way to go before he would be ready for a full cap, but he has the basics and his attitude seems superb. I wouldn't rule it out.

I reckon that's him number 1 unless he drops a clanger or two. I can't see Letheren automatically getting his spot back as soon as he's fit.

Fair play to all accies fans who stayed later than the scumdee to applaud our team off the park.

I'm sure they'll both be very happy together. :P

give one to your mummy for services she offered in the street I got £2.50 back in change

^^^ Genuine stud, he pumped her 5 times. Respect. :thumsup2

Heads gone epidemic from the Lanarkshire no voters.

£50 off old man Danger with the cats and dogs having a feast tonight.

An easy two nil win.

Hamilton neds being carted out the ground.

Gary Irvine the worst player i've seen on a winning team.

Patrick Bateman posted missing.

Hamilton, you took one hell of a beating.

Archived